Is Our Nuclear Arsenal More Formidable Now Than It Was 6 Months Ago?

Trump claimed that he rebuilt our nuclear arsenal. Was he full of shit?

• Yep. He lied his ass off.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No! He made it stronger! He said so!

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dangers of our aging nuclear arsenal

How old are America's nukes?
The average age of a U.S. nuclear warhead is 27 years. Many of the buildings where the nuclear missiles and bombs are stored date back to the 1950s — and it shows. Blast doors on the country's nuclear missile silos are too rusty to seal shut. The roof of a security complex in Oak Ridge, Tenn., that houses most of the U.S. supply of enriched uranium collapsed in March. For years, the three ICBM complexes had just one working wrench available to tighten the bolts on the missiles' warheads. When the wrench was needed, the workers would FedEx it from base to base. Today, the principal information technology used to operate and launch the ICBMs is an 8-inch floppy disk from the 1960s.

Copp_photo%20(1).jpg

Vote in the poll. How much impact has Trp had on our nuclear capability since January?
How would we, mere civilians, have any idea as to the strength of the nuclear arsenal?

We don't. That why we research. We find out what experts say.

I did that. And they say he's full of shit.
They don't know, and if they did, they would be smart to keep their mouths shut. But why are you asking us then? LOL!

You are struggling here. What's wrong? Don't feel like defending this particular lie?

he brought back the neutron bomb

with folks like north korea in mind
Kills. a massive amount of people with no radiation. Excellent choice!

yes

the radiation drops off quickly

a good choice for a crowded area like N Korea
Carter killed that program. Add another Democrat to why we are where we are.

they had been just dismantled they still existed

however many of our allies continue to hold more then enough neutron bombs

to fill our order

bank on that

The Nuclear Posture Review is underway. Here's what to look for.

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon on Monday officially kicked off its Nuclear Posture Review, or NPR, a major strategic undertaking that will set the Trump administration's nuclear policy.

The announcement confirmed that Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Paul Selva and Deputy Secretary of Defense Bob Work will be in charge of the review. The NPR represents one of 11 major reviews Work is undertaking, at a time when his expected successor, Boeing executive Patrick Shanahan, is awaiting a confirmation hearing.

The start of the NPR is not a surprise, as U.S. President Donald Trump issued an executive order on Jan. 27 to create the review. But the formal start of the review means those seeking to influence the future of America's nuclear arsenal, estimated to cost at least $400 billion over the next decade, now have a time frame to state their case.

Our Nuclear Arms position hasn't changed since Trump came into office. Under Start more nukes have been decommissioned, so in reality the numbers of warheads have lowered and not increased.

Current policy is via a Executive Order to review and propose steps to modernize our Nuclear Traid. As I've already posted the Nuclear Triad is getting VERY OLD and in disrepair.........so repairing things and modernizing silos and aging aircraft is LONG PAST OVER DUE...............

These sites have shelf lifes............and it's time to safeguard our Nuclear capibilities........especially when Nuclear storage sites cave in because they are so dang old..........Not to mention Silo's that are so rusty they can't be sealed when shut.

Well, Trump is not without his influence on the nuclear issue. His initial budget cut $340 million from missile defence programs. However, the hawks need not worry. The budget won't pass anyway.

Well, Trump is not without his influence on the nuclear issue. His initial budget cut $340 million from missile defence programs. However, the hawks need not worry. The budget won't pass anyway.
The report isn't due until later this year.............Expected to be concluded possibly in September.........

Only ongoing programs are being funded.................They don't have estimates on costs for upgrades and costs for repairs yet..........only ball park figures are going out now.

Doesn't matter how many you have or the quality of them. The only thing that matters is if you're prepared to use them. That's one of the most important qualities Obama was lacking: He never did have had the nerve to do what it takes to protect this country

It's well known that dogged diplomacy is far more difficulty than the embarrassing swagger and bluster we always get from Trump.

As pointed out above, President Obama's way worked.

Where does Trump go from here? My bet is we will see a lot more of the same childish blather. He looks weak and he makes the US look weak. And we are weak in diplomacy.

Remember when Trump said he loves war and that he would increase US debt because he loves debt?

We need an adult in the White House but instead, we've got a little boy on his golf course.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:

Obama cut nukes but they were trash and not functional. Russia gave up working nukes. That's why Putin hates Obama and another part of the reason he loves Trump.

Doesn't matter how many you have or the quality of them. The only thing that matters is if you're prepared to use them. That's one of the most important qualities Obama was lacking: He never did have had the nerve to do what it takes to protect this country

And as a result, we were attacked several times during his administration.
Why would our enemies attack us when Obama treated them like allies?

It's well known that dogged diplomacy is far more difficulty than the embarrassing swagger and bluster we always get from Trump.

As pointed out above, President Obama's way worked.

Where does Trump go from here? My bet is we will see a lot more of the same childish blather. He looks weak and he makes the US look weak. And we are weak in diplomacy.

Remember when Trump said he loves war and that he would increase US debt because he loves debt?

We need an adult in the White House but instead, we've got a little boy on his golf course.

Because ISIS and NK are diplomatic.

Vote in the poll. How much impact has Trp had on our nuclear capability since January?
How would we, mere civilians, have any idea as to the strength of the nuclear arsenal?

We don't. That why we research. We find out what experts say.

I did that. And they say he's full of shit.
Kind of like the idiots you had take polls? I myself would like to be a bit more accurate then those dumb son's a bitches you called experts last time. The adults have this now. You run along and protest something!

Forum List

Back