Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I'm a Republican and I say...no

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I'm an Independent and I say...yes

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I'm an Independent and I say...no

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
So no more talk of "uniting" under a President , going forward, then?

You'll never hear me talk about uniting in a way where everyone follows the beat of the same drum.

Homogeneous culture has always dealt harshly with those who have unique qualities.

It doesn't matter whether it's 'Save the Planet', or 'Kill the Jews'. When I see everyone moving the same way, I get nervous.

It's always been those who are slightly out of step that keep the rest of us sane.

If not, then why are they saying that he's going to try to unite us?

This Orange Virus does not unite us. You seem to know this already, so I suppose I don't understand the point of this thread. We should really stop engaging like this, because it doesn't seem to help.
What do you think will "help?"

Impeachment and/or total rejection. The racist POS isn't fit to hold the office he was sElected to run.

Atleast he's talking about it, which is a hell of a lot more than Pelosi, Schumer or the rest of the Demoncrats

this is where trump is a uniter

bizzaro-world.jpg

In order to unite two sides, the two sides must agree on some middle ground issues. When one side acts like 2-year-olds, the adults have to do the heavy lifting and just get the necessary things done.

I sure hope not. I don't want to be united with a bunch of hoodlums that think that coloring their face black or sexually assaulting women is OK.

Appeals to Nationalism, is an attempt to get AMERICANS, to unity behind national interests and goals.

This seems divisive to liberals, because they are more interested in being united with Mexico and Europe, than their fellow Americans.

Which Americans is Trump striving to unite? Certainly not each and every America, unified by some vision of what our nation could or should be. Kennedy United us with the vision to land a man on the moon and return him safely to the earth before this decade (the 1960s) is out. Johnson unified us with a vision of equality for all Americans regardless of race. Reagan unified us with a vision of a world without a Communist threat.

Trump's vision is of an America hunkered down behind a wall. An America turning its back to traditional allies while embracing Authoritarians.

That is a vision that is anathema to each and every American who appreciates our place in and of the world. Americans who read and believed Emma Lazarus when she described immigrants as wrectched refuse from teaming shores. Not rapists, drug dealers and murderers.

Trump's vision appeals to the lowest denometer, not the highest. To our fears, not our aspirations.

How can that vision call to unite Americans?

Which Americans is Trump striving to unite? Certainly not each and every America, unified by some vision of what our nation could or should be. Kennedy United us with the vision to land a man on the moon and return him safely to the earth before this decade (the 1960s) is out. Johnson unified us with a vision of equality for all Americans regardless of race. Reagan unified us with a vision of a world without a Communist threat.

Trump's vision is of an America hunkered down behind a wall. An America turning its back to traditional allies while embracing Authoritarians.

That is a vision that is anathema to each and every American who appreciates our place in and of the world. Americans who read and believed Emma Lazarus when she described immigrants as wrectched refuse from teaming shores. Not rapists, drug dealers and murderers.

Trump's vision appeals to the lowest denometer, not the highest. To our fears, not our aspirations.

Halfwit.

Trump in his speech said he wants more immigrants, but wants them legal.

Why does the government want to regulate and control everything under the sun EXCEPT immigration?

People like you want to stop ICE who have stopped many more drugs and human traffickers coming across the border during Trump's administration than any other President in US history.

People now die at a rate of 300 a day from drugs coming across the border.

Drug cartels are at war with the US and it is up to the US to return fire or just take it.

Trump calls for US to be united in looking out for our fellow Citizens.

That that is hateful to you, is a reflection of what type of American you are.

Trump calls for US to be united in looking out for our fellow Citizens.

That that is hateful to you, is a reflection of what type of American you are.

He probably wears white sheets like the Dims did during the State of the Union speech.

He probably also colors his face black.

Only to those who wish to unite as Americans.
The last thing people like Trump, McConnell, and Pence want is a united public
thats the last thing either party of today wants....
By it's very nature, politics is divisive.

That is why racism is an issue today. In fact, without politics, race would only be important when it comes to medicine.

Politics is all about dividing us into groups, whether it be with race, class, sex, religion, etc. Then you cut and divide to try and give one group or groups an advantage over the other and hope that your group wins.

In a way, you could then say that politics is the root of all racism.

Forum List

Back