Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I'm a Republican and I say...no

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I'm an Independent and I say...yes

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • I'm an Independent and I say...no

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
How is siding with Putin against our own intelligence community squaring that circle?

Because a new Cold War is not in the interests of America as a whole, nor the vast majority of Americans as individuals.
Thinking that even strong denials of malfeasance trump's the reports of our national security apparatus is not inviting a new Cold War. Reagan won the Cold War saying 'trust, but verify'. Trump is saying sure, trust the Russians, and distrust Americans.

We are well on our way to a new Cold War. We need to deescalate.

If we pretend that Russia did some terrible crime(s) requiring terrible responses, we will certainly have a new Cold War with all that entails.
Invading The Ukraine and seizing the Crimean penisula was a terrible thing. Killing agents with toxic military grade chemical weapons on the soil of our closest ally was a terrible thing. Meddling in our elections was a terrible thing. Killing journalists and critics of the state as a policy measure is a terrible thing.

Suppose you cite a noble gesture from the Russian state.

The last Cold War, was caused when the Soviets broke their word, and kept half of Europe in chains, and threatened the rest of it.

That was worth a Cold War.

The Crimea is not.
So seizing the Crimea is not a crime?

Because a new Cold War is not in the interests of America as a whole, nor the vast majority of Americans as individuals.
Thinking that even strong denials of malfeasance trump's the reports of our national security apparatus is not inviting a new Cold War. Reagan won the Cold War saying 'trust, but verify'. Trump is saying sure, trust the Russians, and distrust Americans.

We are well on our way to a new Cold War. We need to deescalate.

If we pretend that Russia did some terrible crime(s) requiring terrible responses, we will certainly have a new Cold War with all that entails.
Invading The Ukraine and seizing the Crimean penisula was a terrible thing. Killing agents with toxic military grade chemical weapons on the soil of our closest ally was a terrible thing. Meddling in our elections was a terrible thing. Killing journalists and critics of the state as a policy measure is a terrible thing.

Suppose you cite a noble gesture from the Russian state.

The last Cold War, was caused when the Soviets broke their word, and kept half of Europe in chains, and threatened the rest of it.

That was worth a Cold War.

The Crimea is not.
So seizing the Crimea is not a crime?

It is not a threat to the United States, nor the Global Balance of Power.

It is not worth another Cold War. Or another Korean War. Or another Vietnam War.

Which Americans is Trump striving to unite? Certainly not each and every America, unified by some vision of what our nation could or should be. Kennedy United us with the vision to land a man on the moon and return him safely to the earth before this decade (the 1960s) is out. Johnson unified us with a vision of equality for all Americans regardless of race. Reagan unified us with a vision of a world without a Communist threat.

Trump's vision is of an America hunkered down behind a wall. An America turning its back to traditional allies while embracing Authoritarians.

That is a vision that is anathema to each and every American who appreciates our place in and of the world. Americans who read and believed Emma Lazarus when she described immigrants as wrectched refuse from teaming shores. Not rapists, drug dealers and murderers.

Trump's vision appeals to the lowest denometer, not the highest. To our fears, not our aspirations.

How can that vision call to unite Americans?

Halfwit.

Trump in his speech said he wants more immigrants, but wants them legal.

Why does the government want to regulate and control everything under the sun EXCEPT immigration?

People like you want to stop ICE who have stopped many more drugs and human traffickers coming across the border during Trump's administration than any other President in US history.

People now die at a rate of 300 a day from drugs coming across the border.

Drug cartels are at war with the US and it is up to the US to return fire or just take it.
If Trump truly wants more immigration, why did he shut down the process for seeking asylum? Why has he shut down border crossings?

Where do those drugs come from? Certainly from the south, but also smuggled in from all parts of the globe.

ICE should stop criminals and their nefarious activities. But not every ICE raid, every ICE operation designed to apprehend a criminal element, but the human element of peaceable people here without documentation. Should those folks be swept up with the criminal element? If their only crime is not having documentation, the crime is in the law, not the law breaker.
Republicans had the house, senate, and presidency. They could have easily passed a "wall" bill for trump to sign. Why didn't they?

Which Americans is Trump striving to unite? Certainly not each and every America, unified by some vision of what our nation could or should be. Kennedy United us with the vision to land a man on the moon and return him safely to the earth before this decade (the 1960s) is out. Johnson unified us with a vision of equality for all Americans regardless of race. Reagan unified us with a vision of a world without a Communist threat.

Trump's vision is of an America hunkered down behind a wall. An America turning its back to traditional allies while embracing Authoritarians.

That is a vision that is anathema to each and every American who appreciates our place in and of the world. Americans who read and believed Emma Lazarus when she described immigrants as wrectched refuse from teaming shores. Not rapists, drug dealers and murderers.

Trump's vision appeals to the lowest denometer, not the highest. To our fears, not our aspirations.

Halfwit.

Why does the government want to regulate and control everything under the sun EXCEPT immigration?

People like you want to stop ICE who have stopped many more drugs and human traffickers coming across the border during Trump's administration than any other President in US history.

Drug cartels are at war with the US and it is up to the US to return fire or just take it.
If Trump truly wants more immigration, why did he shut down the process for seeking asylum? Why has he shut down border crossings?

Where do those drugs come from? Certainly from the south, but also smuggled in from all parts of the globe.

ICE should stop criminals and their nefarious activities. But not every ICE raid, every ICE operation designed to apprehend a criminal element, but the human element of peaceable people here without documentation. Should those folks be swept up with the criminal element? If their only crime is not having documentation, the crime is in the law, not the law breaker.
Republicans had the house, senate, and presidency. They could have easily passed a "wall" bill for trump to sign. Why didn't they?
The answer was antiTrump RHINOs, namely Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell and John McCain. They were opposed to a wall.

If not, then why are they saying that he's going to try to unite us?

I couldn’t careless if he brings the DNC in or not, what’s so interesting is watching how you squirm when he exposes your weakness...

He could cure cancer, end global poverty, create the perfect solution for our environment and you would still lie about everything he did!

When you cannot admit the obvious bias of the LMSM on any single thing, your guilty of being disingenuous, and I’m being kind...

The continuous lie will end up being the end of the DNC, I didn’t think it was possible, he kicked your ass last night, better get use to it...

Halfwit.

And odd criticism coming from someone who does NOT want the Wall.

I'm a voluntaryist and I say poll needs more options.

People wanna be led. It is unfortunate.

People voting “yes” just shows you how retarded this board has become.

Nationalism is about getting people within a nation to work together for the common good.

That's "uniter".

Don't you think this country could use some more of that?

Halfwit.

The answer was antiTrump RHINOs, namely Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell and John McCain. They were opposed to a wall.
I'll let a proxy speak for me here

If not, then why are they saying that he's going to try to unite us?
Time to revisit this every few days

monitor Twitter LOL
'Unlimited Presidential Harassment': Trump lashes out again at ...
Washington Post-4 hours ago
President Trump took fresh aim Thursday at House Democrats, ... even though there is no reason to be doing so,” Trump said on Twitter. “Never ...
Trump fumes on Twitter over presidential 'HARASSMENT' by Dems
The Daily Dot-7 hours ago
Donald Trump Gets Blasted By Twitter After Complaining Of ...
The Inquisitr-5 hours ago
Trump Today: President ramps up attack on Democrats over ...
MarketWatch-2 hours ago
Trump Slams Adam Schiff For 'Unlimited Presidential Harrassment'
Townhall-9 hours ago
---------

Weak jump in approval since SOTU -- What a Lame Rating for such an big fat blowhard

How Popular Is Donald Trump?

Forum List

Back