Is Republican Tax Reform a "Great Right Wing Conspiracy"?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Abolishing the deductions for state and local taxes, Mortgages and similar deductions would, if enacted as planned, cause the nearly immediate collapse of the blue wall. Is this a badness thing designed to destroy the progressive movement as is claimed?

Abolishing the deductions for state and local taxes, Mortgages and similar deductions would, if enacted as planned, cause the nearly immediate collapse of the blue wall. Is this a badness thing designed to destroy the progressive movement as is claimed?
No, it's a method of robbing Peter to pay Paul...

By eliminating the state tax deduction you would have the people in revolt over state taxes. A state like California would come unscrewed. They just had their taxes raised! I like it!

Republican tax plans aim to do

That about nails it. If anybody has found a Republican tax plan in the last 15-20 years that doesn't eliminate the estate tax I'd like to know of it. Flat-Tax, Fair-Tax, from what I've seen of Trump's tax plan (https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf).

Personally I found the Fair-Tax most offensive. Mike Huckabee is a big proponent, I didn't care for taxes on out-of-pocket medical care expenses. Think folks going through cancer treatment and placing a parent in nursing home are already under financial hardship without Uncle Sam hitting them up.

Republican tax plans aim to do

That about nails it. If anybody has found a Republican tax plan in the last 15-20 years that doesn't eliminate the estate tax I'd like to know of it. Flat-Tax, Fair-Tax, from what I've seen of Trump's tax plan (https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf).

Personally I found the Fair-Tax most offensive. Mike Huckabee is a big proponent, I didn't care for taxes on out-of-pocket medical care expenses. Think folks going through cancer treatment and placing a parent in nursing home are already under financial hardship without Uncle Sam hitting them up.
For many, itemized deduction is higher than itemized deductions for tax reduction...I prefer the cash rebates..

Oh this is interesting. Got a link?
I am quoting a LWNJ from another board who got his info from a tin hat Trotskyite website and I'm not sure if a copy and paste would get me banned. However this bit of drivel struck me as being one of the funniest, unintentially funny I suspect, posts I have ever seen PM me and I'll tell you what to google to watch the lefter than thou insanity that thread generated.

Forum List

Back