Is Russell Wilson a HOFer?

I think some of those guys are already in the HOF: Young, Namath, Favre, Warner, Unitas.

Brees is a lock.
You're correct. All of the above are in the HOF, and Brees deserves to go in when his first year of eligibility comes.

IMO, The lowly San Diego Chargers likely kicked themselves for dealing him away, after he suffered an injury.

I'm a native San Diegan, and my high school football coach played for them.

I have NEVER liked the Chargers.

You're correct. All of the above are in the HOF, and Brees deserves to go in when his first year of eligibility comes.

IMO, The lowly San Diego Chargers likely kicked themselves for dealing him away, after he suffered an injury.

I'm a native San Diegan, and my high school football coach played for them.

I have NEVER liked the Chargers.

Oh man, you're from San Diego and you never liked the Bolts?! lol. Well, I'm not one to judge, but bro, I live in Nor-Cal and I met so many So-Cal peeps who kinda embraced the Chargers as their team, even beyond SD. California's weird like that, never really into sports and never really out of sports either -- especially SoCal.

Oh man, you're from San Diego and you never liked the Bolts?! lol. Well, I'm not one to judge, but bro, I live in Nor-Cal and I met so many So-Cal peeps who kinda embraced the Chargers as their team, even beyond SD. California's weird like that, never really into sports and never really out of sports either -- especially SoCal.
Yes. I grew up in San Diego, and Earl Faison was my high school coach. He was an all time Charger defensive great back in the days of the old AFL.

There were certainly individual players in their early years who were great.

Lance Alworth, Paul Lowe, Keith Lincoln, and Earnie Ladd come to mind.
They were just never a team of interest to me.

Yes. I grew up in San Diego, and Earl Faison was my high school coach. He was an all time Charger defensive great back in the days of the old AFL.

Fouts?
Kellen Winslow?
Ladamlian Thomlonson?

Last edited:
Was he ever top 3 at his position at any given time?

Probably not with Manning and Brady running around. Maybe he snuck in the 3 spot once...
2018 he was 1 2014 he was 2. Which isn irrelevant. He’s got 2 rings. There isn’t a single QB in NFL history who has 2 rings who isn’t in the HOF.

Raiders fan? Al Davis and speed?

Drew Brees
Steve Young
Joe Namath
Aaron Rodgers
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner
Johnny Unitas

Wait, You think Joe Namath deserves to be in the HOF but not Ben Rothlisberger??? WTF are you smoking? He has more picks than TDs by a wide margin.

LMAO

Wilson was 4th in TD passes, 18th in passing yards. GTFO.

He was 16th in TD passes and 15th in passing yards, GTFO.

When was he elite.
Ben Rothlisberger? He led the league in passing in 2018 and was 2nd in 2014.

You said Joe Namath deserves to be in the hall. Once you say that you lose all cred.

Ben Rothlisberger? He led the league in passing in 2018 and was 2nd in 2014.

You said Joe Namath deserves to be in the hall. Once you say that you lose all cred.
If you want a weak spot for NFL History purposes, while I know Joe Namath wasn't on his own NFL elite, his performance in one game, and you know which one I'm talking about, where he wagged his finger at me, at you, at everyone... it's a special circumstance.. it deserves the HOF.

If you want a weak spot for NFL History purposes, while I know Joe Namath wasn't on his own NFL elite, his performance in one game, and you know which one I'm talking about, where he wagged his finger at me, at you, at everyone... it's a special circumstance.. it deserves the HOF.
STFU. you dont make the hall because you played well in one game or one season. If you did the HOF would be filled with one hit wonders.

STFU. you dont make the hall because you played well in one game or one season. If you did the HOF would be filled with one hit wonders.
Namath is clearly a special exception. I get it if you disagree. He's the only one I'd make such an exception for.

Namath did not have a great game in SB III
He led his team to one touchdown

Colts blew the game

Jim Plunkett says hello.
I stand corrected. Jim Plunkett is the only QB in NFL history with 2 rings not in the hall. He also only had 3 winning seasons and isn’t anywhere near the top of any career statistical category. I will say if Namath deserves to be in the hall Plunkett does as well

I stand corrected. Jim Plunkett is the only QB in NFL history with 2 rings not in the hall. He also only had 3 winning seasons and isn’t anywhere near the top of any career statistical category. I will say if Namath deserves to be in the hall Plunkett does as well
Ask any NFL Historian who the bigger deal is... Joe Namath or Russell Wilson.

I'll wait.

Wilson is a good quarterback IMO, but not a great one, especially when he is compared to the current crop of young as well as seasoned star quarterbacks.

And, if he doesn't turn things around in Denver, before this season ends, that will negatively impact his chances of getting into the HOF even more.

JMO.
seconded.

Forum List

Back