Is the chirren learning

I was bored silly in school. I never knew exactly what I was supposed to be learning (math excepted of course). Most subjects were so simple that I thought I must be missing something.

Unkotare,
As a teacher don't you agree that most subjects are indeed quite simple, and it's not the supposed difficulty that causes students to do poorly, and that teaching is really akin to 'herding cats'?

Unkotare,
As a teacher don't you agree that most subjects are indeed quite simple, and it's not the supposed difficulty that causes students to do poorly, and that teaching is really akin to 'herding cats'?

Too many variables to make a categorical statement. What is simple to one person requires more explanation and practice for another. I will say that most of my students who have failed classes have admitted that it was a matter of not completing their work more than the difficulty of the work. Of course that is easier to say that than to admit to being unable to complete and/or understand the work.

Teaching isn't "herding cats," it's understanding people and trying your best to help them.

Forum List

Back