Is the economy booming?

Brain357

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2013
I keep hearing trumpers claim the economy is booming. When challenged they disappear. So lets look at it.

First quarter growth was only 2.2%. I don't call that booming.
U.S. First-Quarter Growth Revised Down to 2.2% on Inventories

Unemployment is really low which is good. 3.8%

But Obama had a really good unemployment rate, but repubs then claimed it was about the labor force participation rate. So how is that doing? 62.7%. What was it in Dec 2016? 62.7%. So still really low. According to Trump that makes the real unemployment rate over 20%.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

How are wages doing? Still really slow.
All the signs are there for higher pay, but the 'mystery of missing wage growth' continues

Stock market? Having an awful year. Did great when we were riding the Obama economy, but has been erratic and dropping as we get more trump policies.
Trade war fears spread to tech and Dow sheds 328 points

With all this tariff talk and more sales tax on internet sales coming I don't see a boom coming.

Economy is still good,but not booming. If you think the economy is booming please share which economic indicators you are using.

The eighteen months so far of Trump's term is weaker than the last eighteen months of Obama's admin.

The eighteen months so far of Trump's term is weaker than the last eighteen months of Obama's admin.
And that is with regulation cuts, big tax cuts for corporations and individuals, crackdown on immigration... Those policies are so far not looking good for an economy. They are also running up huge deficits.

Y'all remind me of blokes who have had such a bad string of luck... all their uppers are gone... they are pulling their hair out in depression for say 500 some days straight... U have a jolly ol time now propping up your morally, ideologically bankrupt political platforms.... lol Makes me so damn happy coming across the likes of the both of you... :)

The economy is going batshit bed wetter, regardless of what some loons at CNBS tell people.

Optimism is at an all time high. All the bullshit about fears of a trade war are just more sniveling liberal psychobabble. Just like when bed wetters insisted the tough stance with NK would lead to a nuclear war.

Things are progressing quite well for the first time in 8 years and it has everything to do with Trump rolling back regressive bullshit passed under both GWB and the moonbat messiah.

You pieces of shit can't stand it either.

The economy is going batshit bed wetter, regardless of what some loons at CNBS tell people.

Optimism is at an all time high. All the bullshit about fears of a trade war are just more sniveling liberal psychobabble. Just like when bed wetters insisted the tough stance with NK would lead to a nuclear war.

Things are progressing quite well for the first time in 8 years and it has everything to do with Trump rolling back regressive bullshit passed under both GWB and the moonbat messiah.

You pieces of shit can't stand it either.

So all you have is a claim of optimism? I don't see much optimism while the stock market plummets.

Y'all remind me of blokes who have had such a bad string of luck... all their uppers are gone... they are pulling their hair out in depression for say 500 some days straight... U have a jolly ol time now propping up your morally, ideologically bankrupt political platforms.... lol Makes me so damn happy coming across the likes of the both of you... :)
So you must have some economic indicators that show the economy is booming? Please share.

US-national-debt-GDP-graph.png
Today’s economy is good! Almost as good as it was in 2014

Market Watch· 4 days ago
    • In the middle of 2014, Trump didn’t think the economy was the best ever. ...he was complaining that Obamacare and Obama’s “war on coal” were killing jobs and our economy...past ...
    More news for Annual Gdp Compared Obama To Trump

1. Donald Trump Misleads on Obama Era GDP Growth | Fortune
    fortune.com/2017/08/30/donald-trump-springfield-mo-3-gdp
    But the comparison that he made is somewhat misleading. President Trump compared annualGDP growth in the Obama era to quarterly GDP growth in a three month period.

Trump bitch slaps Europe with steel tariffs, the UK folds like a cheap lawn chair and reopens a USA steel plant, brings 300 steel jobs back to the USA, and plans to invest $5 billion in the USA steel industry. :eusa_dance:

South Carolina steel plant reopened by UK industrialist, avoiding tariffs
That's not really a strong national economic indicator. There are plenty of bad news to match that.

Harley Davidson moving production overseas

AHAHAHA do you know what the difference is between $45 million going overseas and $5 billion coming to the USA, yeah pretty much $5 billion. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Trump bitch slaps Europe with steel tariffs, the UK folds like a cheap lawn chair and reopens a USA steel plant, brings 300 steel jobs back to the USA, and plans to invest $5 billion in the USA steel industry. :eusa_dance:

That's not really a strong national economic indicator. There are plenty of bad news to match that.

AHAHAHA do you know what the difference is between $45 million going overseas and $5 billion coming to the USA, yeah pretty much $5 billion. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Relative to the size of the US economy, that's not really a huge deal. Is that the best you have? Something that hasn't even happened yet?

They wiill hire 125 workers.... yeah not a big deal.

^^^ this is why Democrats keep getting their ass whooped. Nancy Pelosi is that you? $5 billion crumbs?

Yup, you know what they say about opinions.
Trump economy is doing fine, to the chagrin of the dismal science

The global economy is doing great ... for now

Americans agree with Trump: the economy is doing great

Has Anyone Noticed That Trump's Economy Keeps Doing Better Than Expected? | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

^^^ this is why Democrats keep getting their ass whooped. Nancy Pelosi is that you? $5 billion crumbs?
yeah 125 workers is crumbs.

Has Anyone Noticed That Trump's Economy Keeps Doing Better Than Expected? | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD
So what indicators are you using?

I actually base it on a number of things, feedback from my financial advisor (who is not a Trump supporter), on the number of store fronts that are being re-occupied, probably a few others. Oh yeah, and how my rear doesn’t pucker when I open my bank statement every month.

I actually base it on a number of things, feedback from my financial advisor (who is not a Trump supporter), on the number of store fronts that are being re-occupied, probably a few others. Oh yeah, and how my rear doesn’t pucker when I open my bank statement every month.
So you don't have any real economic indicators we can discuss?

So far it seems Republicans are not capable of intelligent economic discussion. Would explain their beliefs....

Forum List

Back