Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Another source:

InflationData: Gasoline Inflation

And the cost of gas is simply one more deflection from the original question: Is the GOP actively opposing recovery for political purpose?

Please post the list of fixes that Obama came up with which are currently blocked by the GOP.
Thanks!

Colorado House Democrats: Multiple Democratic Jobs and Transparency Bills Killed by House Republicans in Committee this Week

This one from the R's:

Seven Jobs Bills that President Obama and Senate Democrats Have Ignored | Facebook

a detailed history of the Stimulus Act, debate and partisan arguments:

Economic Stimulus - The New York Times

We need multiple jobs and transparency bills? You mean $787 billion wasn't enough?
How much more do we need to spend?
And transparency? How about some transparency in the New Black Panther prosecution?
Or about the gun running fiasco? Or bribing the senate candidate in Pennsylvania?

Thanks for your link about Obama and Senate Democrats making things worse.

Please post the list of fixes that Obama came up with which are currently blocked by the GOP.
Thanks!

Colorado House Democrats: Multiple Democratic Jobs and Transparency Bills Killed by House Republicans in Committee this Week

This one from the R's:

Seven Jobs Bills that President Obama and Senate Democrats Have Ignored | Facebook

We need multiple jobs and transparency bills? You mean $787 billion wasn't enough?
And transparency? How about some transparency in the New Black Panther prosecution?
Or about the gun running fiasco? Or bribing the senate candidate in Pennsylvania?

Yea at $275,000 Per Job,i don't think we need anymore "Help" from the Hopey Changey One. We just can't afford anymore of his "Help."

Thanks!

This one from the R's:

I suggest you read the link to the NYT's article. I know that many self described conservatives believe the NYT's and all MSM is trash, so if you don't that's fine, but don't pretend Obama and the Democrats have made things worse. In 2008 we were at the bink of an economic calamity, maybe as dangerous as the Great Depression.

And don't petend you know anything about economics or how jobs are created. If you did you would offer potential solutions, as it is you appear to have no ideas of your own and can only offer the ubiquitous "ain't it awful".

In February 2009, Democrats in Congress passed a $787 billion stimulus bill requested by President Obama to shore up a reeling economy. By the end of that year, most economists had concluded that the package had helped stave off a far deeper recession.

But the bill was bitterly assailed by Republicans and Tea Party conservatives, and stimulus became a politically radioactive word. With unemployment still close to 10 percent, Mr. Obama in 2010 pushed a series of "jobs bills,'' only to find them blocked by Republicans and conservatives or whittled down in response to worries about the deficit.

From this article which the willfully ignorant partisan members of the New Right will ignore:

Obama passed the bill that was supposed to keep unemployment below 8% and it failed....yeah? So?

Last edited by a moderator:
At $275,000 Per Job,lets hope & pray the Hopey Changey One doesn't try to create anymore Jobs. That aint "Stimulus",that's just retarded.

At $275,000 Per Job,lets hope & pray the Hopey Changey One doesn't try to create anymore Jobs. That aint "Stimulus",that's just retarded.

They would have been much better off giving that money back to the taxpayers.

Hell. Give me 270 grand and watch me stimulate the damned economy.

I suggest you read the link to the NYT's article. I know that many self described conservatives believe the NYT's and all MSM is trash, so if you don't that's fine, but don't pretend Obama and the Democrats have made things worse. In 2008 we were at the bink of an economic calamity, maybe as dangerous as the Great Depression.

And don't petend you know anything about economics or how jobs are created. If you did you would offer potential solutions, as it is you appear to have no ideas of your own and can only offer the ubiquitous "ain't it awful".

Let's see, how would I create jobs?
Waste $787 billion on shovel ready (chuckle) jobs, pass a new entitlement to give the Feds control over an additional one-sixth of the economy and threaten to have the EPA regulate CO2 as if it were mercury (nice lite bulbs!).
And demonize business owners.
Yeah, and maybe have a few $1.5 trillion deficits in a row.
That should keep unemployment below 8%, right?

I suggest you listen to Obama, "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies." -- Barack Hussein Obama, Failed Leader

Waste $787 billion on shovel ready (chuckle) jobs, pass a new entitlement to give the Feds control over an additional one-sixth of the economy and threaten to have the EPA regulate CO2 as if it were mercury (nice lite bulbs!).

"Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." (laughs) -- Obama, Failed Leader

So, you're either a liar or serously confused. $787 Billion was not authorized for "shovel ready jobs" and the rest of your post is nothing more than an insipid parroting of Right Wing propaganda.

So, you're either a liar or serously confused. $787 Billion was not authorized for "shovel ready jobs" and the rest of your post is nothing more than an insipid parroting of Right Wing propaganda.

$787 billion was promised to keep the unemployment rate below 8%.
I think a new unemployment number came out today.
Do you know what it was?
How many jobs is Obama's war on Big Oil creating?

"Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." (laughs) -- Obama, Failed Leader

"Uhm, as I was -- err-- SAYing. Uhm, the jobs which were -- ahhh -- designed to be not shovel ready turned out -- ahhh -- to not be, as I said, shovel ready. And that's GOOD. Because -- uhhhmmm -- if the jobs had been --- uhhh -- shovel ready --- ahhhhh --- then we would have had --- ahhh -- a bump in the road to RECOVERY!"

Even the Germans at the G20 disapproved of him wanting to do even more

Indeed, the Left has nothing to offer from their old tired bag of tricks.
Expect to see more class envy stuff and the race card soon

Hey what did Papa Obama say about lipstick on a pig
:eusa_whistle:

g20pig-i1969.jpg

Last edited:

Do you know what it was?

The economy is a mess, no one disputes that. The fact that you and others on the right blame only Obama and only Democrats is clear and convincing evidence of your ignorance and partisanship.

Why lie and write that $787 billion was autorized for shovel ready projects? Did you not know the act had other provision including tax cuts?

War on big oil is hyperbole (a form of the lie). Our nation has had an energy crisis since the first oil embargo by OPEC, likely before you were born. The GOP has held the White House for twenty of the last 30 years, and under Bush II both the White House and both houses of Congress for the first four years of this decade. Holding big oil accountable isn't a war, though I suspect those who work in an industry which had free reign for years must feel so. Even so, if Obama has declared war on big oil, it sure hasn't hurt their bottom line.

Bachman said herself she hopes unemployment rises to help her campaign.

Party over country at every turn

What recovery? I know of no one who is personally better off than before the Great Obama Recession.

Do you know what it was?

The economy is a mess, no one disputes that. The fact that you and others on the right blame only Obama and only Democrats is clear and convincing evidence of your ignorance and partisanship.

Why lie and write that $787 billion was autorized for shovel ready projects? Did you not know the act had other provision including tax cuts?

War on big oil is hyperbole (a form of the lie). Our nation has had an energy crisis since the first oil embargo by OPEC, likely before you were born. The GOP has held the White House for twenty of the last 30 years, and under Bush II both the White House and both houses of Congress for the first four years of this decade. Holding big oil accountable isn't a war, though I suspect those who work in an industry which had free reign for years must feel so. Even so, if Obama has declared war on big oil, it sure hasn't hurt their bottom line.

Speaking of ignorance and partisanship on the Left
:eusa_whistle:

Truth is hard for the Left

Gasoline Taxes Per Gallon Are Almost 7 Times ExxonMobil's Profit: 48 cents vs. 7 cents for QI

CBO: Obamacare = at least $109 Billion in Deficit Spending Over 10 Years; UPDATE: Former CBO Director: Obamacare Deficit will be $562 Billion over 10 years

Do you know what it was?

I don't blame only Obama and the Democrats, but they kinda held the Congress from 2006-2010 and the White House since Jan 2009. Perhaps they should get none of the blame?
Do you think we should drill in ANWR? Would that add jobs and government revenue?
Reduce the cost of oil?
How about increased drilling instead of a moratorium in the Gulf?
Free reign? What planet was that on?
Typical Obama, declare war on oil and only hurt innocent civilians.

Forum List

Back