Is the Quran Gods words?

Yes. Good confirmation. The same is true for numerous other Arabic names.

'Muhammad' was not a proper name when the Koran was written...this occurred after the fact.

A friend named her son نَبِل - noble. Her name is Amina (also the name of Muhammad's mother) an adjective meaning dependable, trustworthy, etc. Nasser (ناصِر - former president of Egypt) is a noun that means helper, protector. Anwar (Sadat) is a verb meaning to illuminate - the same Arabic root as for Queen Noor (light) of Jordan.

Words that were proper names when the Koran was written are recorded as such in the Arabic lexicons.....'Muhammad' was not one...

Your posts are getting hard to read. I'm not sure what your real point is here. I realize you have profound religious differences. I'm not a Muslim either, by the way. But, I don't see an excuse for disrespecting Islam.

My posts clarify the message of the Koran.

Does this offend you...?

I see us as being better off if we understand Islam to a greater extent than we do. The anti-Islam sentiment is shocking to me, and it's destructive of America's influence abroad besides leading to ugly incidents and attitudes here at home. We are stronger as a plural society.

As spoken like a true liberal....

You should take this in information to your local mosque and show the members your findings. . :cool:

Just as soon as you go to your local church and tell them that your 'Muhammad' is the prophet of God....:)
I already have several times at Interfaith functions hosted by different churches.
We have an active interfaith community here in Seattle.

As one example, NPR carries the "3 Interfaith Amigos" from time to time - a group composed of an imam, a Christian pastor and a rabbi who speak, write books and hold services at a local church that holds services in each of these faiths on alternating Sundays. They have been in demand world wide.

Your posts are getting hard to read. I'm not sure what your real point is here. I realize you have profound religious differences. I'm not a Muslim either, by the way. But, I don't see an excuse for disrespecting Islam.

Does this offend you...?

If that's your intent, I'm sorry to hear that.

Does this offend you...?

Don't be sorry....look at it as an opportunity to learn...

Does this offend you...?

This Bowman nitwit is just a pathetic troll and a buffoon. . :cuckoo:

There's so many gods floating around these days that it's hard to tell who's who without a program.

This Bowman nitwit is just a pathetic troll and a buffoon. . :cuckoo:
What else in your Koran do you require clarification on...?
Thanks, you have clarified everything about yourself..

Now please find another forum to spread your erudite wisdom.

I am sure they are anxiously waiting for your arrival. . :cool:

The differences of sects in Islam are over ethnic and political disputes........not interpretations of the Quran.

Whereas, there are hundreds, if not thousands of Christian denominations, based solely on differences in how the Bible is interpreted.

Anyway, I will extend the same invitation to you as I did with Dajjal.

When you learn the read and write Arabic as it was recorded in the Quran.

I will happy to debate the Quran with you.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...holes-mentioned-in-the-qur-3.html#post8115199

You have someone here named Bowman here who knows Arabic and you refuse to debate him so your offer is disingenuous. It is one of those cute little things you say but you don't really mean it especially when you are at a disadvantage. Do you really know yourself or are you being dishonest?

Most of the people I've debated said, "show me" proof or something. I would go out, research it and find out they are dishonest because they aren't interested because while they feel that way, it is a lie.

Last edited:
You have someone here named Bowman here who knows Arabic and you refuse to debate him so your offer is disingenuous. It is one of those cute little things you say but you don't really mean it especially when you are at a disadvantage.
The guy is just a cut&paste fruitcake. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Then you should be able to do a better job at countering him but I guess you don't know your Koran as well as you think you do.

You have someone here named Bowman here who knows Arabic and you refuse to debate him so your offer is disingenuous. It is one of those cute little things you say but you don't really mean it especially when you are at a disadvantage.
The guy is just a cut&paste fruitcake. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Then you should be able to do a better job at countering him but I guess you don't know your Koran as well as you think you do.
It's pretty difficult to counter his kind of stupid.

True story.......... :cool:

So how does that make you feel?
Get a grip Poindexter.

You're not a psychologist........ :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Whenever one of my pastor friends asked me questions looking for answers, he sometimes said I should do better than that.

You should do better than that because if you can't answer then people are going to say you don't know.
The loon posted that Jesus and Muhammad were the same person.

Amazingly, you 'Thanked' him for the post. . :cuckoo:

Then he claimed the Quran was all about Jesus.

Sorry, but I don't have the time or patience for such idiocy. . :doubt:

Get a grip Poindexter.

You're not a psychologist........ :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Whenever one of my pastor friends asked me questions looking for answers, he sometimes said I should do better than that.

You should do better than that because if you can't answer then people are going to say you don't know.

Then how would you protect your faith? By walking away?

Then how would you protect your faith? By walking away?

Can you be in a leadership position and walk away? How are you going to help other Muslims facing the same question? You can't.

Forum List

Back