Is the Quran Gods words?

I have read the Quran, in fact I have three English translations that I compare for accuracy.

OK ,, Now I got it ,, you read the Qur'an in YOUR own English translation
Surely you will MISS understand this book

Yes, I cannot read Arabic scribble, but I have access to a large number of translations and I believe I can get a very good idea of what the quran is actually saying by comparing them. Here are all the tranlations I have of verse 36.38

Ya Sin 36:38
Muhammad Asad - And [they have a sign in] the sun: it runs in an orbit of its own [and] that is laid down by the will of the Almighty, the All-Knowing;

M. M. Pickthall - And the sun runneth on unto a resting-place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise.

Shakir - And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.

Yusuf Ali- (Saudi Rev. 1985) And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.

Yusuf Ali -(Orig. 1938) And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.

Dr. Laleh Bakhtiar - And the sun runs to a resting place for it. That is foreordained by The Almighty, The Knowing.

Wahiduddin Khan- The sun, too, follows its determined course laid down for it by the Almighty, the All Knowing.

T.B.Irving - The sun runs along on a course of its own. Such is the design of the Powerful, the Aware!

[Al-Muntakhab] - And the sun runs its course and describes its orbit, sited in a settled position, belonging, as determined by AL-Aziz, AL-'Alim.

[Progressive Muslims] And the sun runs to a specific destination, such is the design of the Noble, the Knowledgeable.

Abdel Haleem - The sun, too, runs its determined course laid down for it by the Almighty, the All Knowing.

Abdul Majid Daryabadi- And the sun runneth to its appointed term: that is the disposition of the Mighty, the Knowing."

Ahmed Ali - While the sun keeps revolving in its orbit. This is the dispensation of the mighty, all-knowing (God).

Aisha Bewley- And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing.

Ali Ünal - And the sun runs the course appointed for it for a term to its resting-place for the stability of it(s system). This is the measured determining of the All-Glorious with irresistible might (to Whose omnipotent ordering the whole universe is submitted), the All-Knowing.

Ali Quli Qara'i - And the sun runs on to its place of rest: That is the ordaining of the All-mighty, the All-knowing.

Amatul Rahman Omar- And the sun is moving (on its ordained course) towards the goal determined for it. That is the determining of the
All-Mighty, the Possessor of perfect knowledge.

Hamid S. Aziz - And the sun runs on to a term appointed for it; that is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing.

Muhammad Mahmoud Ghali- And the sun runs to a repository for it; that is the determining of The Ever-Mighty, the Ever-Knowing.

Muhammad Sarwar - how the sun moves in its orbit and this is the decree of the Majestic and All-knowing God;

Muhammad Taqi Usmani - And the sun is quickly proceeding towards its destination. That is the designing of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.
Shabbir Ahmed- And the sun: it runs its appointed course. That is the measure of the Almighty, the Knower.

Syed Vickar Ahamed- And the sun moves along its way for a (length of) time set for him: That is the order of (Allah), the Almighty (Al-Aziz), the All Knowing (Al-Aleem).

Umm Muhammad- (Sahih International) And the sun runs [on course] toward its stopping point. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing.

Farook Malik- The sun runs its course, this course is predetermined for it by the Almighty, the All-Knowing.

Dr. Munir Munshey- The sun proceeds towards its marked destination. This is the destiny appointed by the Mightiest and the most Knowledgeable!

Tahir-ul-Qadri Mohammad- And the sun is always rotating (non-stop) for its appointed destination. It is a measure fixed by Almighty, All-Knowing (Lord).

Dr. Kamal Omar - And the sun moves for the fixed course assigned for it. That is the Decree and Assessment of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing .

Bilal Muhammad -(2013 Edition) And the Sun runs its course for a period determined for it. That is His decree, the Exalted in Might, the All Knowing.

Maududi - The sun is running its course to its appointed place. That is the ordaining of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

Bijan Moeinian- Another sign of [the existence and the greatness of] God is the sun [as big as 1,earth] which God makes it move toward its [final] destiny.

Faridul Haque - And the sun runs its course for its final destination; this is a command of the Almighty, the All Knowing.

Hasan Al-Fatih Qaribullah - The sun runs to its fixed restingplace; that is the decree of the Almighty, the Knower.

Maulana Muhammad Ali - And the sun moves on to its destination. That is the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knower.

Muhammad Ahmed Samira- And the sun passes/orbits to an establishment/affixation to it, that (is) the glorious'/mighty's predestination/evaluation .

Sher Ali - And the sun is moving on to its determined goal. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing God.

Rashad Khalifa - The sun sets into a specific location, according to the design of the Almighty, the Omniscient.

Hilali & Khan - And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

Arthur John Arberry- And the sun -- it runs to a fixed resting-place; that is the ordaining of the All-mighty, the All-knowing.

Edward Henry Palmer- and the sun runs on to a place of rest for it; that is the ordinance of the mighty, the wise.

George Sale- And the sun hasteneth to his place of rest. This is the disposition of the mighty, the wise God.

John Medows Rodwell- And the Sun hasteneth to her place of rest. This, the ordinance of the Mighty, the Knowing!

N J Dawood -(draft) The sun hastens to its resting–place: its course is laid for it by the Mighty One, the All–knowing.

Sayyid Qutb - The sun also runs its set course: that is laid down by the will of the Almighty, the All-Knowing.

Maariful-And the sun is quickly proceeding towards its resting place. That is the designing of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

and by the way
the Hadith that you put in your signature is not completed
Those men that was killed were murderer , they killed people and steal their money

It does not make any difference what these men had done, what matters is that a so called prophet of God ordered such a merciless and terrible punishment on them.
It shows Muhammads true nature, and completely contrasts with the merciful teachings of Jesus.

Obviously no text that commands violence against others could be a proper moral guide, let alone the words of a morally perfect deity.

The rule of thumb should always be that if a "God" doesn't surpass the level of morality commonly displayed by faithless humans, then the "God" cannot be worth following. Unfortunately, none of the barbarian mythologies from the Middle East even come close to equaling this measurement.

I say it is not, for the following reasons.

1. The quran is filled with references to the bible and other texts, and I say is is copied from these sources, and not an original work.

2. The quran is full of terrible quotes about what God will do to unbelievers in Muhammad and the day of judgement, and that he will burn them in hellfire for all eternity, and I say this is all lies which degrade God, and make him a monster. It was written to scare people into obeying Muhammad, and it does not come from God.

Does anyone want to dispute my opinions?

I would agree, but not for the reasons you gave. If you are reading a book, you are reading people's words. It doesn't matter what the book is.

In the current climate of the board ,I want to bring back the question, Is the quran Gods words? There appear to be a number of Muslim apologists who support Islam, along side the Muslim posters, and I am curious to know why they would bother, unless they think Islam is a valid belief.

Once ANYTHING is written down or recited in a human language, it's no longer purely GOD's Word.

I hold the Qu'ran no more or less a divine revelation than any other Scripture including the one I follow. To each their own......
All I'm interested in is, how do its followers understandings of it prompt them to deal with life, particularly in how to treat 'others'? There are already far too many humans on the planet whose view of another is diminished by that other's not following the same exact understanding of the same exact Scripture.

I say it is not, for the following reasons.

1. The quran is filled with references to the bible and other texts, and I say is is copied from these sources, and not an original work.

2. The quran is full of terrible quotes about what God will do to unbelievers in Muhammad and the day of judgement, and that he will burn them in hellfire for all eternity, and I say this is all lies which degrade God, and make him a monster. It was written to scare people into obeying Muhammad, and it does not come from God.

Does anyone want to dispute my opinions?

We can gain a significant understanding of what the Koran really is by simply defining the term itself.

Let's review the premise...

القرءان = “alqur-ana”

“alqur-ana” definition:

Proper noun. Originally meaning the Collection; “I collected together the thing” or “I read, or recited, the book or scripture”; and then conventionally applied to signify the Book of God that was revealed to Muhammad; it also signifies the Revelation, meaning that which is termed the mighty, or imitable which is read, or recited, and written in books or volumes. A name for the Book of God, like the book of the Law revealed to Moses and the Gospel.

قرءان is so called because it has collected the histories of the prophets, and commands and prohibitions, and promises and threats, and the verses or signs, and the chapters.

It comes from the root “qara’a”, which has the primary signification he collected together the thing; put it, or drew it, together; part to part, or portion to portion. He read, or recited, the scripture chanting; he read or recited anything in any manner, without, or from, or in a book.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume seven, pp. 2502 - 2504
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, pp. 448 - 449

The classic Arabic definition is really quite revealing.

We have the following proclaimed regarding the original meaning applied to the Koran:

• It’s a collection
• A collection of books or scriptures

Whether this collection is read or recited, it still suggests that it emanates from a collected repository of things already written down.

It was only later that the meaning changed to signify the Book of God that was revealed to “Muhammad”…and we already understand that the “Muhammad” spoken of in the Koran is actually the Biblical Jesus Christ.

Thus, the Koran is Jesus’ book!

This would account for the scores of suras that are titled after Him, and revolve around Him.

“Alqur-ana” also means Revelation – which is most appropriate, as >75% of the Koran is directly copied from the Book of Revelation.

The root “qara’a” takes us one step deeper with the primary definition “he collected together the thing; put it, or drew it, together; part to part, or portion to portion."

This gives us great insight as to why the Koran was written in the fashion that it was – as the authors who pieced it together and performed the translation, actually did so piecemeal. These pieces, taken in large part from the Book of Revelation, are actually the paraphrased Arabic counterparts to the Holy Bible, known as suras.

In the current climate of the board ,I want to bring back the question, Is the quran Gods words? There appear to be a number of Muslim apologists who support Islam, along side the Muslim posters, and I am curious to know why they would bother, unless they think Islam is a valid belief.
I really don't understand your point in all this. It wasn't the purpose of the Bible or the Qur'an to correct people's understanding of our solar system.

All our ancient texts were written at a time of our ancient understanding. Plus, they all include metaphor and other mechanisms to impart that which is not physical in nature. Does the statement that God literally created Adam from a ball of dirt invalidate the Bible? Of course not. Does Christianity depend on whether the Flood was world wide? Of course not.

The idea of the Qur'an being a theft is especially nonsensical, as it was believed from the beginning that the God of the bible was the same God as that of Islam.

The Qur'an states that members of each of these faiths are headed for the same heaven.

It seems to me we would be FAR better off today in recognizing and building on our shared fundamentals, rather than making accusations of theft.

I really don't understand your point in all this. It wasn't the purpose of the Bible or the Qur'an to correct people's understanding of our solar system.

All our ancient texts were written at a time of our ancient understanding. Plus, they all include metaphor and other mechanisms to impart that which is not physical in nature. Does the statement that God literally created Adam from a ball of dirt invalidate the Bible? Of course not. Does Christianity depend on whether the Flood was world wide? Of course not.

The idea of the Qur'an being a theft is especially nonsensical, as it was believed from the beginning that the God of the bible was the same God as that of Islam.

The God of the Bible is NOT the god of islam.

Muslims worship the 'allah' as described in their Koran - which is Satan...

The Qur'an states that members of each of these faiths are headed for the same heaven.

No.

The Koranic Heaven was copied from that of the Holy Bible, of which, entrance is gained only through faith in The Son as God, and the Trinity.

Islam rejects this entirely...

It seems to me we would be FAR better off today in recognizing and building on our shared fundamentals, rather than making accusations of theft.

Islam is the world's largest Christian cult.

We can gain insight into what went wrong with the Islamic interpretation of their scriptures by acknowledging that the Koran was improperly copied from its source, the Holy Bible...

No.

The Koranic Heaven was copied from that of the Holy Bible, of which, entrance is gained only through faith in The Son as God, and the Trinity.

I know there are differences, and that many Christians believe all Jews and Muslims, even the most upright and devout members, are going to hell.

However, it really is total nonsense to state that Islam worships Satan.

And, of COURSE the notions of heaven are essentially the same.

No.

I know there are differences, and that many Christians believe all Jews and Muslims, even the most upright and devout members, are going to hell.

Essentially the same? Have you read:

A COMPARISON BETWEEN MUHAMMED AND JESUS CHRIST
By George Zeller and Steve Van Nattan

A Comparison Between Mohammed and Jesus Christ

Most Muslims sincerely believe that they worship the same God as that described in the pages of the Holy Bible. On the surface, and to the uninformed, this may appear to be the case, however, upon careful investigation; nothing could be farther from the truth.

The authors who penned the Koranic text tell us who “allah” really is, and he is definitely not the God of the Bible.

Not even close.

Word etymology is the basic first-premise and first-defense against Islamic ignorance – and there is absolutely no link of the Koranic “allah” to that of Yahweh.

In fact, the term “allah” shares the same exact root word as that of pagan Arab idol worshipers.

We must remember that the Koranic god “allah” can never be equated to the true God of the Holy Bible.

You keep thinking that the two are the same.

They are not….and it is pure blaspheme to claim that they are.

Just remember Triple “A”…

Satan, the Devil, the great serpent, the destroyer, the deceiver, the liar…in Hebrew, “Abaddon”….in Greek, “Apollyn”…and, in Arabic, “Allah”.

Islam's notion of Heaven is a grossly twisted version of what originated from its source, the Holy Bible.

Islam = The Big Lie.

The authors who penned the Koranic text tell us who “allah” really is, and he is definitely not the God of the Bible.

Not even close.

Word etymology is the basic first-premise and first-defense against Islamic ignorance – and there is absolutely no link of the Koranic “allah” to that of Yahweh.

In fact, the term “allah” shares the same exact root word as that of pagan Arab idol worshipers.

We must remember that the Koranic god “allah” can never be equated to the true God of the Holy Bible.

You keep thinking that the two are the same.

They are not….and it is pure blaspheme to claim that they are.

Just remember Triple “A”…

Satan, the Devil, the great serpent, the destroyer, the deceiver, the liar…in Hebrew, “Abaddon”….in Greek, “Apollyn”…and, in Arabic, “Allah”.
There is only one author of the Qu'ran.

It states clearly that there is one God, shared with Jews and Christians. The characteristics of this god are those of the god described in the Bible. Even today, the Bible is revered by Islam, the primary difference in interpretation being that Jesus is seen as a major prophet rather than as the son of God - something Christians are required to believe in order to go to heaven.

Suggesting that the devil is their god is supported by nothing and is preposterous.

There is only one author of the Qu'ran.

The Koran never once claims to be divinely inspired - thus, we should not expect that it is....it does, however, claim to be a fabrication of previous scripture.

It states clearly that there is one God, shared with Jews and Christians.

Not the same true God as Christians.

The characteristics of this god are those of the god described in the Bible.

The god 'allah' described within the pages of the Koran is merely a pagan Arab god dressed-up to look like the True Biblical Creator God, Jesus Christ.

Stealing His attributes won't fool anyone...

Even today, the Bible is revered by Islam,

Muslims are incorrectly taught that the Bible is corrupt and cannot be trusted...which is completely unsupported by their Koran...

the primary difference in interpretation being that Jesus is seen as a major prophet rather than as the son of God - something Christians are required to believe in order to go to heaven.

The Koran maintains that Jesus is The Son.

Islam has once again mis-interpreted the text...

Suggesting that the devil is their god is supported by nothing and is preposterous.

The Arabic mandates that he is...

Is the Quran Gods words?
Every page of every religious book, is men speaking for God. Not one word is from God himself, if it was Gods words, it would at least blind the reader, if not kill the reader.

God has never spoken to me. And those that say God has spoken to them, are certified nut jobs. Jim Jones, Pat Robertson, David Koresh, Reverend Moon, Jerry Falwell. Joseph Smith, Mohammed, Moses, Noah, and many others were before my time, but if they're anything like the ones in my day...Sheesh! God is so mind boggling, it just makes seekers go off the reservation. Been there, done that....but still seeking.

See what I mean about going off the reservation? The Muslims, Christians and Jews ALL worship the God of Abraham!

IT'S THE SAME GOD!!!!!!!

See what I mean about going off the reservation? The Muslims, Christians and Jews ALL worship the God of Abraham!

IT'S THE SAME GOD!!!!!!!

No..

Neither Jews nor Muslims have The Son.

He who has The Son has eternal life; he who does not have The Son does not have eternal life.

Jews and Muslims deny The God of the Holy Bible - therefore they do not have eternal life and they worship a lower-case god...

Forum List

Back