Is the Quran Gods words?

Not the same true God as Christians.
See what I mean about going off the reservation? The Muslims, Christians and Jews ALL worship the God of Abraham!

IT'S THE SAME GOD!!!!!!!

No..

Neither Jews nor Muslims have The Son.

He who has The Son has eternal life; he who does not have The Son does not have eternal life.

Jews and Muslims deny The God of the Holy Bible - therefore they do not have eternal life and they worship a lower-case god...

Get off God's throne, you don't qualify. "Judge not, and be not judged." Judge and condemn yourself with ignorance.

Last edited:
Is the Quran Gods words?
Every page of every religious book, is men speaking for God. Not one word is from God himself, if it was Gods words, it would at least blind the reader, if not kill the reader.

God has never spoken to me. And those that say God has spoken to them, are certified nut jobs. Jim Jones, Pat Robertson, David Koresh, Reverend Moon, Jerry Falwell. Joseph Smith, Mohammed, Moses, Noah, and many others were before my time, but if they're anything like the ones in my day...Sheesh! God is so mind boggling, it just makes seekers go off the reservation. Been there, done that....but still seeking.

Been reading the word of God for years, and my eyesight is fine. :eusa_angel: Where did you come up the the blinding killing part?

From the beginning, Muhammad believed the revelations he received over a period of 22 years (resulting in the Qur'an) were from the God of the Jews and Christians through the angel Gabriel.

Certainly there are religious differences between each of the three main Abrahamic religions. While they each revere Jesus, only one of them sees Jesus as being more than human, for example.

From the beginning, Muhammad believed the revelations he received over a period of 22 years (resulting in the Qur'an) were from the God of the Jews and Christians through the angel Gabriel.

Certainly there are religious differences between each of the three main Abrahamic religions. While they each revere Jesus, only one of them sees Jesus as being more than human, for example.

It is my view that Muhammad lied, and got no message from anyone. For one thing in the bible the angel Gabriel only comes to tell people of the coming of John the baptist, and then the coming of Jesus. Gabriel gave no messages from God other than those. Muhammad also makes the mistake of thinking Gabriel was the holy spirit.

From the beginning, Muhammad believed the revelations he received over a period of 22 years (resulting in the Qur'an)

No one named 'Muhammad' had anything at all to do with the Koran, according to the Koran, itself...

were from the God of the Jews and Christians through the angel Gabriel.

No mention that an angel named 'Gabriel' was the mediator, either.

All Islamic myth.

In fact, the only ayat which Muslims can produce for this Islamic assertion actually pertain to John...

The intriguing thing is that the sacred scriptures for all three of the big monotheistic religions plainly inform the reader that God is Triune and that The Son is God....only orthodox Trinitarian Christians have correctly interpreted their scripture set...

It is my view that Muhammad lied, and got no message from anyone. For one thing in the bible the angel Gabriel only comes to tell people of the coming of John the baptist, and then the coming of Jesus. Gabriel gave no messages from God other than those. Muhammad also makes the mistake of thinking Gabriel was the holy spirit.

Simply more misinterpretation of scripture....Muslims incorrectly align the archangel Gabriel as the Holy Spirit...same as Jehovah Witnesses misalign the archangel Michael as Jesus...

I say it is not, for the following reasons.

1. The quran is filled with references to the bible and other texts, and I say is is copied from these sources, and not an original work.

2. The quran is full of terrible quotes about what God will do to unbelievers in Muhammad and the day of judgement, and that he will burn them in hellfire for all eternity, and I say this is all lies which degrade God, and make him a monster. It was written to scare people into obeying Muhammad, and it does not come from God.

Does anyone want to dispute my opinions?

We can gain a significant understanding of what the Koran really is by simply defining the term itself.
Well, the Arabic spelling would be القرآن. The final "a" in your pronunciation would be there only if the name was being used in the accusative, as the final vowel of a noun is a part of speech marker.

It takes no time at all in reading this work in any language to note that it certainly is not a copy of the book of Revelations of the New Testament. The aspect of "collection" that some see in the etymology of the word is more likely a reference to the fact that the revelations occurred in events over a period of 22 years of Muhammad's life. These were collected and compiled into the final single work.

On the other hand, if you look in a dictionary of Arabic you find that the root from which this word is derived (قرأ) doesn't give rise to words meaning to collect. Rather it gives rise to words meaning to read or to teach or to prophesy (form X). This is also from the first revelation wherein one is exhorted to read (using this root) - considered to mean to read (and thus learn) for ones self. Devout Muslims I know see this exhortation for individuals to read as the key to the meaning. Islam didn't have religious hierarchy such as popes and bishops that individuals should follow without reading, although now we see hierarchy in Iran, for example.

Well, the Arabic spelling would be القرآن. The final "a" in your pronunciation would be there only if the name was being used in the accusative, as the final vowel of a noun is a part of speech marker

You are googling your answer from a modern Arabic website...

It takes no time at all in reading this work in any language to note that it certainly is not a copy of the book of Revelations of the New Testament.

>75% of the Koran was paraphrased from the Biblical book of Revelation.

The Koranic concepts of Heaven and Hell come from Revelation....

The aspect of "collection" that some see in the etymology of the word is more likely a reference to the fact that the revelations occurred in events over a period of 22 years of Muhammad's life. These were collected and compiled into the final single work.

The term 'Muhammad' was not even a proper name at the time that the Koran was written....it was a participle...and it applies to the Biblical Jesus Christ in the four times that it makes its appearance in the Koran.

You are making the classic mistake of combining the true Koranic 'Muhammad' with the fictitious islamic 'muhammad'...

On the other hand, if you look in a dictionary of Arabic you find that the root from which this word is derived (قرأ) doesn't give rise to words meaning to collect. Rather it gives rise to words meaning to read or to teach or to prophesy (form X). This is also from the first revelation wherein one is exhorted to read (using this root) - considered to mean to read (and thus learn) for ones self. Devout Muslims I know see this exhortation for individuals to read as the key to the meaning. Islam didn't have religious hierarchy such as popes and bishops that individuals should follow without reading, although now we see hierarchy in Iran, for example.

More modern Arabic definitions for the extinct Koranic Arabic...

Well, the Arabic spelling would be القرآن. The final "a" in your pronunciation would be there only if the name was being used in the accusative, as the final vowel of a noun is a part of speech marker

You are googling your answer from a modern Arabic website...

It takes no time at all in reading this work in any language to note that it certainly is not a copy of the book of Revelations of the New Testament.

>75% of the Koran was paraphrased from the Biblical book of Revelation.

The Koranic concepts of Heaven and Hell come from Revelation....

The aspect of "collection" that some see in the etymology of the word is more likely a reference to the fact that the revelations occurred in events over a period of 22 years of Muhammad's life. These were collected and compiled into the final single work.

The term 'Muhammad' was not even a proper name at the time that the Koran was written....it was a participle...and it applies to the Biblical Jesus Christ in the four times that it makes its appearance in the Koran.

You are making the classic mistake of combining the true Koranic 'Muhammad' with the fictitious islamic 'muhammad'...

More modern Arabic definitions for the extinct Koranic Arabic...
It is common for Arabs to use ordinary words as names. One of the challenges for beginning students of Arabic is that of detecting whether a word is a name, as there isn't a marker (such as we use capitalization) to note the difference. So, one must know grammar and some naming conventions. One can look up the word muhammad in the dictionary, but that is true for a significant percent of Arabic names.

Written Arabic has remained remarkably unchanged. The importance of the Qur'an undoubtedly has been a significant influence in that. There was no chance of that with the Bible, given the various languages in which it was written - even at times using alphabets of one language to write in another language, plus the various decisions on what writings constitute the Bible. Even today we see the Bible change with its plethora of versions to track language change.

And, no, I haven't used google in any of this.

The revelations to Muhammad came hundreds of years after Jesus.

So, it's obvious that the writings by contemporaries of Jesus would not mention revelations to Muhammad.

I'm a little surprised that you would worry about Gabriel given the difference in view of who Jesus was!

The one that is more shocking to me is the Christian principle that billions of Muslim and Jewish souls are damned to eternal hell regardless of how devout and upright they were on earth in their worship of the same God.

It is common for Arabs to use ordinary words as names. One of the challenges for beginning students of Arabic is that of detecting whether a word is a name, as there isn't a marker (such as we use capitalization) to note the difference. So, one must know grammar and some naming conventions. One can look up the word muhammad in the dictionary, but that is true for a significant percent of Arabic names.

محمد = “muhammad”

“muhammad” definition:

Passive participle. A man praised much, or repeatedly, or time after time; endowed with many praiseworthy qualities. Praised one.

It comes from the root “hamida” (ha-miim-dal), which means he praised, eulogized, or commended him; spoke well of him; mentioned him with approbation; sometimes because of favor received. Also implies admiration; and it implies the magnifying, or honoring, of the object thereof; and lowliness, humility, or submissiveness, in the person who offers it. He declared the praises of God or he praised God much with good forms of praise.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume two, pp. 638 – 640
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 135 - 136
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 38
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, p. 56

Occurrences of “muhammad” in the Koran: 4
Locations: 3.144, 33.40, 47.2, 48.29

Occurrences of the root “hamida” and its sixteen derivatives in the Koran: 68
Locations: 1.2, 2.30, 2.267, 3.144, 3.188, 4.131, 6.1, 6.45, 7.43, 9.112, 10.10, 11.73, 13.13, 14.1, 14.8, 14.39, 15.98, 16.75, 17.44, 17.52, 17.79, 17.111, 18.1, 20.130, 22.24, 22.64, 23.28, 25.58, 27.15, 27.59, 27.93, 28.70, 29.63, 30.18, 31.12, 31.25, 31.26, 32.15, 33.40, 34.1(2x), 34.6, 35.1, 35.15, 35.34, 37.182, 39.29, 39.74, 39.75(2x), 40.7, 40.55, 40.65, 41.42, 42.5, 42.28, 45.36, 47.2, 48.29, 50.39, 52.48, 57.24, 60.6, 61.6, 64.1, 64.6, 85.8, 110.3

Observe the Koranic usages…

• 1.2…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 2.30…praise to the lord
• 2.267…“allah” is praiseworthy
• 3.144…a MAN praised much – praised one
• 3.188…they are praised – painful torture
• 4.131…praise to “allah”
• 6.1…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 6.45…and the praise belonging to “allah”, lord
• 7.43…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 9.112…the praise to “allah”
• 10.10…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 11.73…“allah” is praiseworthy
• 13.13…on account of the praise, “allah”
• 14.1…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 14.8…“allah” is praiseworthy
• 14.39…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 15.98…lord’s praise
• 16.75…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 17.44…on account of his praise, “allah”, lord
• 17.52…on account of his praise, lord
• 17.79…lord praised
• 17.111…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 18.1…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 20.130…lord’s praise
• 22.24…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 22.64…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 23.28…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 25.58…on account of lords praise
• 27.15…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 27.59…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 27.93…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 28.70…the praise to “allah”
• 29.63…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 30.18…the praise, “allah”
• 31.12…“allah” is praiseworthy
• 31.25…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 31.26…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 32.15…lord’s praise
• 33.40…a MAN praised much – praised one
• 34.1…the praise belonging to “allah”(2x)
• 34.6…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 35.1…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 35.15…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 35.34…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 37.182…and the praise belonging to “allah”, lord
• 39.29…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 39.74…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 39.75…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 39.75…lord’s praise
• 40.7…lord’s praise
• 40.55…lord’s praise
• 40.65…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 41.42…praiseworthy, lord
• 42.5…lord’s praise
• 42.28…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 45.36…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 47.2…a MAN praised much – praised one
• 48.29…a MAN praised much – praised one
• 50.39…lord’s praise
• 52.48…lord’s praise
• 57.24…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 60.6…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 61.6…a MAN praised
• 64.1…the praise belonging to “allah”
• 64.6…“allah” is praiseworthy
• 85.8…the praiseworthy – one of the names of “allah”
• 110.3…lord’s praise

Summarizing this data, we have the following premises upon which to build our understanding of the Koranic “Muhammad”:

• The word itself is not a proper name
• The word is a participle…i.e. it combines the functions of both adjective and verb
• It applies to one man
• This man is praised
• He is the only man praised
• The root “hamida”, from which “Muhammad” is derived, refers to the praising of God
• Surveying all 68 Koranic occurrences of the root “hamida” and its sixteen derivatives, demonstrates the overwhelming usage in direct relation to Koranic deity (i.e. “allah”, lord)
• The only Koranic instance of a derivative not pertaining to deity is in 3.188 - in which people are tortured for accepting praises – thus, reserving “praise” for deity only
• This leaves us with 5 ayahs that “appear” to buck the trend
• All 5 of these ayahs refer to a man
• All 5 ayahs refer to a man that is praised

The Koranic 'Muhammad' refers to the Biblical Jesus Christ.

Written Arabic has remained remarkably unchanged. The importance of the Qur'an undoubtedly has been a significant influence in that. There was no chance of that with the Bible, given the various languages in which it was written - even at times using alphabets of one language to write in another language, plus the various decisions on what writings constitute the Bible. Even today we see the Bible change with its plethora of versions to track language change.

Entirely incorrect.

Observe these interesting comments by Lane…

Every language without a written literature tends to decay more than to development by reason of foreign influences; and the history of the Arabic exhibits an instance of decay remarkably rapid, and extraordinary in degree. An immediate consequence of the foreign conquests achieved by the Arabs under Mohammad’s first four successors was an extensive corruption of their language; for the nations that they subdued were naturally obliged to adopt in a great measure the speech of the conquerors, a speech which few persons have ever acquired in such a degree as to be secure from the commission of frequent errors in grammar without learning it from infancy….

Such being the case, it became a matter of the highest importance to the Arabs to preserve the knowledge of that speech which had thus become obsolescent, and to draw a distinct line between the classical and the post-classical languages. For the former language was that of the Kur-an and of the Traditions of Mohammad, the sources of their religious, moral, civil, criminal, and political code’ and they possessed, in that language, preserved by oral tradition, - for the art of writing, in Arabia, had been almost exclusively confined to Christians and Jews….

The classical language they called, by reason of its incomparable excellence, “el-loghah,” or “the language:” and the line between this and the post-classical was easily drawn, on account of the almost sudden commencement, and rapid progress, of the corruption.

….I often have found in my knowledge of modern Arabic a solution of a difficulty; but without great caution, such knowledge would frequently have misled me, in consequence of the changes which have taken place in the applications of many words since the classical age.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. vii – viii; xxii - xxiii

And, no, I haven't used google in any of this.

Apparently you have...:)

The one that is more shocking to me is the Christian principle that billions of Muslim and Jewish souls are damned to eternal hell regardless of how devout and upright they were on earth in their worship of the same God.

Fact is, Jews and Muslims do not worship the Triune Creator God that orthodox Christians do....and for that, you will not make it into Heaven....just as your Koran tells you...

The Koranic 'Muhammad' refers to the Biblical Jesus Christ.
You should take this in information to your local mosque and show the members your findings. . :cool:

Just as soon as you go to your local church and tell them that your 'Muhammad' is the prophet of God....:)
I already have several times at Interfaith functions hosted by different churches.

Now when are you going to a mosque to tell them of your findings concerning Muhammad or are you a coward? . :cool:

Hi hjmick, I did not say I believed in the bible, I said the quran is largely copied from it.

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all have common roots.

So Judaism led to Christianity, and whatever value those religions may have is a matter of debate. But my point is that Muhammad simple stole the earlier texts, and claimed himself a messenger.

The Bible doesn't own those stories.

محمد = “muhammad”

“muhammad” definition:

Passive participle. A man praised much, or repeatedly, or time after time; endowed with many praiseworthy qualities. Praised one.
Yes. Good confirmation. The same is true for numerous other Arabic names.

A friend named her son نَبِل - noble. Her name is Amina (also the name of Muhammad's mother) an adjective meaning dependable, trustworthy, etc. Nasser (ناصِر - former president of Egypt) is a noun that means helper, protector. Anwar (Sadat) is a verb meaning to illuminate - the same Arabic root as for Queen Noor (light) of Jordan.

Your posts are getting hard to read. I'm not sure what your real point is here. I realize you have profound religious differences. I'm not a Muslim either, by the way. But, I don't see an excuse for disrespecting Islam.

I see us as being better off if we understand Islam to a greater extent than we do. The anti-Islam sentiment is shocking to me, and it's destructive of America's influence abroad besides leading to ugly incidents and attitudes here at home. We are stronger as a plural society.

Forum List

Back