The Trump/Jesus Comparison

Where I get it is you said you agree with a verse from Isaiah which says to trust in God and not man. But you claim to be an atheist.

I agree with the person making the post.

Also, I use "atheist" because if tends to shut people up. If I say I am an agnostic, people try and convince me there is(are) a God(s). You yourself are proof of that.

I agree with the person making the post.

Also, I use "atheist" because if tends to shut people up. If I say I am an agnostic, people try and convince me there is(are) a God(s). You yourself are proof of that.
So you don't think there is a God, but you agree with a bible chapter that says to trust in God, not in man. Got it.

So you don't think there is a God, but you agree with a bible chapter that says to trust in God, not in man. Got it.

Even though that's what the verse means, it doesn't explicitly say that... It doesn't mention God.

It simply says to not put too much trust in humans who are fallible.

Stop trusting in mere humans,​
who have but a breath in their nostrils.​
Why hold them in esteem?​

Come on, don't be so hard on WinterBorn. Especially if you want him to come to Christ. :)

Even though that's what the verse means, it doesn't explicitly say that... It doesn't mention God.

It simply says to not put too much trust in humans who are fallible.

Stop trusting in mere humans,​
who have but a breath in their nostrils.​
Why hold them in esteem?​

Come on, don't be so hard on WinterBorn. Especially if you want him to come to Christ. :)
The verses before it mention God. That's the entire context of the verse you posted.

The verses before it mention God. That's the entire context of the verse you posted.

I know, but he only gave a thumbs up to that specific verse (#22) because that's the one I posted, and I think it's safe to say he didn't read the entire chapter.

I know, but he only gave a thumbs up to that specific verse (#22) because that's the one I posted, and I think it's safe to say he didn't read the entire chapter.
The obvious meaning is that trusting God is the alternative to trusting man. What else could it mean?

And I'm not being hard on Winterborn. I am congratulating him on seeing the truth that he may not have wanted to admit. Sometimes people will think they are atheist, but deep down realize they are not.

The obvious meaning is that trusting God is the alternative to trusting man. What else could it mean?

Sigh. That may be obvious to you and me, because we believe in God. That doesn't mean it's obvious to everyone. And even if it is, they can still only agree with THAT specific part of it, the part that says don't put people on a pedestal. (paraphrasing)

Sigh. That may be obvious to you and me, because we believe in God. That doesn't mean it's obvious to everyone. And even if it is, they can still only agree with THAT specific part of it, the part that says don't put people on a pedestal. (paraphrasing)
I think deep down Winterborn knows God exists. I'm just trying to help him realize what he already knows.

Forum List

Back