Is the term NEGRO offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already know the etymology. That's why I called you a retard for saying there has always been racism. The Greeks, Romans and the etymology prove your under-educated opinion as wrong so they are very pertinent to the discussion. Nationalism was what mattered.

I understand the low IQ is hereditary in your people and you're struggling here, so I'll correct you this one last time before you go back on ignore.

Negro, you'll notice in the post I said "This condition you call racism". See that? Try to focus...See it? Post #36?..See it? LMAO...

...I understand you're emotional and have trouble processing things that you don't like..you've even admitted that before...I don't hold it against you. It's typical negro behavior and completely predictable. I know you're doing the best you can with what you have.

Your desperate attempt to derail notwithstanding, circular logic doesn't work on me. You should know that by now.

You're dismissed. Go get your shine box and get to work, boy. :lol:

No. That is a scientific lie.
It is a scientific fact.

And you will be negged for this from me, guaranteed.

Oh no!..Not neg rep!.I'm SO hurt!....Whatever will I do?..I hope I can recover..LMAO..neg rep :doubt:

....you kids are funny! :lol:

Oh, well, at least you are disgustingly transparent. It makes it much easier to bat you around.

I relay proven facts...deny them if you have to so you can feel better..I don't care. Your denials don't change reality in the least but they do expose your ignorance.
Carry on..."neg rep"...:lol:

"Negro" is the correct anthropological term for people of the negroid race and is the polite term used to refer to negroids.

"black" isn't a race. "african american" isn't a race... "africa" has nothing to do with negroes in america anyway and most of them have never been there.

"Negro" is a valid choice for race on the last..and all previous U.S. Census reports...as well as every government document for hundreds of years.

Then there's the "united negro college fund". Hard to get around that.

the negro plagiarist martin luther king used the word 30 or so times in his (plagiarized) "i have a dream" speech.
If it's good enough for the negro plagiarist, it's good enough for me.

Only since the perpetually aggrieved protected class learned they can manipulate white people by being "offended" by this word or that word has this nonsense been pushed.

If "Black" isn't a race then "White" isn't either.

Very good!..no one said it was. You've destroyed the strawman you set up. :doubt:

The correct anthropological classifications are "negroid" for negroes and "caucasian" for whites...Try to keep up. Didn't kwame nantumba explain that to you?..LMAO

Race, in fact, is naught but a mere social construct created to divide the HUMAN race.

So "race" doesn't exist? There are no differences? LMAO...better tell the u.s. government to dismantle AA and all other programs that artificially elevate negroes based on their "race"..

Pondering the origins of the term Negro, I have discovered that the word was coined by the Portugese and Spanish who used it as an adjective to describe color.
"Ponder" all you like..

Then read some science for the truth.

The term was used as a noun later by Euro-colonial countries as a euphemism for the word "slave."
source? link?
Why would anyone need a "euphemism" for slave? They were afraid to say "slave"?..LMAO...you're funny!

Here is the link for a more detailed study designed to deal with everything you wanted to know about the word "Negro." Afrer reading the link, you may understand why the NAACP did not become the NAANP...at least in part.

Trinicenter.com - Dr. Kwame Nantambu - Origin of terms 'Negro' and Afrika[/QUOTE]

afrocentrist doubletalk. Irrelevant to the topic.

LMAO.."kwame nantambu.

Here's his linked in page.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kwame-nantambu/52/baa/90b

kwame nantambu
Lecturer at Cipriani College of labour and co-operative Studies

HAHAHAHAHA..a "lecturer"...great!..

What else..let's see what "courses" he "taught"

Kent State University/Howard University
United States
August 1990 – May 2003 (12 years 10 months)

At KSU, I taught these courses "The Black Experience", "Pan Africanism","Caribbean Studies", "Black Economic Development",. At HU, I taught "Intro to Afro-American Studies", "Black Community Development", "Economics of Slavery", ":Colonialism",

Right..a revisionist, perpetually aggrieved negro "teacher". hahaha..great "source" you use..

too funny...

Last edited:
Ok. NOW it is making sense.

"Negro" has been used for centuries. Long before the nice try called "jim crow"

Many people don't really care what negroes are offended by this week. Many people have "negro fatigue" and don't care any more.

Being perpetually aggrieved and offended only works for so long...after a while no one pays any attention anymore...

Kind of like "racist"...It doesn't work as well as it used to because every time negroes don't get their way they blame "racism"....
It doesn't matter whether it has been used for centuries. What matters is what THEY deem offensive and to try not to insult them. I had no clue Negro was considered "bad". Now I know. And why.

What matters is that normal people don't care what perpetually aggrieved negroes find "offensive" this week as they continuously try to manipulate naive white people.

It's just outdated. Similar to someone using gay to mean happy. Or using Groovy or Right On. It's better not to use terms that separate people from each other based on race. The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race. But we all know that isn't where we are right now. So, the most respectful thing is to find out what they prefer to be called and use that term instead.

The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race.

"Human" isn't a race. It's a species. You understand the difference?

"Negroid", "caucasian" and "mongoloid" are the correct anthropological terms for the three main races in the world.

Those are scientific terms. You don't walk around calling whites caucasians all the time so I don't see why you would walk around calling blacks negroids or negros either. If they find it offensive, then that means you are doing it to offend. So don't use it. It really is that simple.

Those are scientific terms. You don't walk around calling whites caucasians all the time so I don't see why you would walk around calling blacks negroids or negros either.

Yes..they are scientific terms. That's what I just said.
No one walks "around" calling things by their scientific names...H20, sodium chloride, etc...
Those are called "water" and "salt".
Negroids are called negroes...caucasians are called "white" and mongoloids are called "asian".
The fact remains that race exists and there are physical and biological differences between the races.

The fact also remains that "human" is a species and not a "race".

If they find it offensive, then that means you are doing it to offend. So don't use it. It really is that simple.

Many people don't care anymore what the protected class considers "offensive" this week.

They've overplayed their hand of "being offended" and "making demands" for the last 50 years. It just isn't working like it used to.

Maybe this is a good rule? If the group it is aimed at considers it offensive and doesn't use it to describe themselves within the group, then it is offensive.

Even better. It doesn't matter if the group uses it among themselves. If they tell you not to do it then don't until you get the green flag. Some people call me by my nick name and I have no issue. If someone else got familiar with me like that without my consent I would not really like it.

You see, some white people think they should be able to do whatever they want. Their belief is the hell with everyone else.

Is that attitude limited to white peeps only?

Having read some of the rants on this subject, let's put this in perspective.

The word Negro comes from Latin for black. But, it came from another source, shown here:

Proto-Indo-European *negr-, *negʷr- (“coloured, dark”). Cognate with Old Armenian ներկ (nerk, “paint, dye, colour”).

In other word, it actually means Dark Skinned. No more. No less.

The big deal over it is disgusting and does a disservice to many of African heritage who have made their way on their own efforts and intelligence.

Why can't we get rid of all this "Race" stuff and just refer to ourselves as Americans?

Its offensive to me and every other Black person I know. This includes my youngest daughter. Its similar to the N word as far as I am concerned. Its outdated as well. If you notice those organizations you mentioned were named way back in the day. Black people have stopped accepting labels imposed on them by other people. I thought everyone had gotten the notice. What is a Negro anyway? There is no country nor continent named Negro. The correct term is Black or African American. If in doubt simply ask. Regardless of how you feel about it or the rationale as to why you think you should be able to use it, don't unless you want to offend someone. Its really that simple.

Census Bureau will drop the word "Negro" from its forms - CBS News

After more than a century, the Census Bureau is dropping its use of the word "Negro" to describe black Americans in surveys.

Instead of the term that came into use during the Jim Crow era of racial segregation, census forms will use the more modern labels "black" or "African-American".

The problem is in the person, not the word. A large number of blacks, (or whatever they are at the time), hate it that they were born black, hate their own skin color so much that they will never be happy. It's like the geographical cure for unhappiness. The problem is inside the person's head, not in a word to describe their race.
I just wish they'd make up their minds on what the hell they are! I'll call them whatever they decide on, just make up your minds!!

Having read some of the rants on this subject, let's put this in perspective.

The word Negro comes from Latin for black. But, it came from another source, shown here:

Proto-Indo-European *negr-, *negʷr- (“coloured, dark”). Cognate with Old Armenian ներկ (nerk, “paint, dye, colour”).

In other word, it actually means Dark Skinned. No more. No less.

The big deal over it is disgusting and does a disservice to many of African heritage who have made their way on their own efforts and intelligence.

Why can't we get rid of all this "Race" stuff and just refer to ourselves as Americans?

because they refuse to assimilate and demand special treatment because of their race.
It just isn't working anymore. THAT'S what agitates them so much. Losing the ability to manipulate white people.

"Negro" is the correct anthropological term for people of the negroid race and is the polite term used to refer to negroids.

"black" isn't a race. "african american" isn't a race... "africa" has nothing to do with negroes in america anyway and most of them have never been there.

"Negro" is a valid choice for race on the last..and all previous U.S. Census reports...as well as every government document for hundreds of years.

the negro plagiarist martin luther king used the word 30 or so times in his (plagiarized) "i have a dream" speech.

Only since the perpetually aggrieved protected class learned they can manipulate white people by being "offended" by this word or that word has this nonsense been pushed.

And that is the truth they refuse to admit. I'm 70 years old and blacks, (or whatever they are at the time) have been changing what they want to be called for my whole lifetime!
ENOUGH ALREADY!! MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS!!

Negro may or may not be an offensive term. I don't know.

But ****** is definitely an offensive term. It's extremely offensive and defines people as subhuman.

Thus [MENTION=49283]Rotagilla[/MENTION] is most certainly a ******

Well why the hell do NEGROES continue to use it to describe each other? Are they that downn on their own race? Do they hate themselves that much?

And that is the truth they refuse to admit. I'm 70 years old and blacks, (or whatever they are at the time) have been changing what they want to be called for my whole lifetime!
ENOUGH ALREADY!! MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MINDS!!

Good post, but at this point older people have had enough. We don't care anymore WHAT offends them or what words they "approve" of..."Negro fatigue" has set in. We're tired of catering to their demands/complaints every time they decide to be "offended".

Negro may or may not be an offensive term. I don't know.

But ****** is definitely an offensive term. It's extremely offensive and defines people as subhuman.

Thus [MENTION=49283]Rotagilla[/MENTION] is most certainly a ******

Well why the hell do NEGROES continue to use it to describe each other? Are they that downn on their own race? Do they hate themselves that much?

It's a way to thumb their noses at white people.
"WE can say whatever we want..but YOU have to comply with what WE decide is "offensive"..

It still works on indoctrinated, naive young people with little life experience...and it gives anti whites and the protected class something to cling to and be offended by.

Honestly it's really only offensive if used with a tone that's intended to make it offensive. Other black people probably won't agree but It's even on the side of a crayola crayon so how big of a deal could it be? It's not like ******. Research and studies that are made public use it all the time and I don't get pissed. But if someone's who isn't black (not just white people) randomly walks up to me with an attitude and shouts "look here, you fuckin negro" I'm probably going to react irrationally. I've had white friends walk up to me jokingly like "whatup negro" I don't get upset. It's just a joke so why bother. But if they thought it'd be funny to replace 'negro' in that sentence with '******'. Mmmmmmm not so funny. Racial humor kinda eases racial tension if done properly.

Side note: it's a shame I don't remember this, but isn't there a united negros college fund? Or something titled along those lines?

•Pinky•

Its offensive to me and every other Black person I know. This includes my youngest daughter. Its similar to the N word as far as I am concerned. Its outdated as well. If you notice those organizations you mentioned were named way back in the day. Black people have stopped accepting labels imposed on them by other people. I thought everyone had gotten the notice. What is a Negro anyway? There is no country nor continent named Negro. The correct term is Black or African American. If in doubt simply ask. Regardless of how you feel about it or the rationale as to why you think you should be able to use it, don't unless you want to offend someone. Its really that simple.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/census-bureau-will-drop-the-word-negro-from-its-forms/

After more than a century, the Census Bureau is dropping its use of the word "Negro" to describe black Americans in surveys.

Instead of the term that came into use during the Jim Crow era of racial segregation, census forms will use the more modern labels "black" or "African-American".
Sister [MENTION=50008]BriannaMichele[/MENTION] and Brother [MENTION=44774]Asclepias[/MENTION] nailed it in their first responses.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone who thinks the word "Negro" is offensive is too sensitive. I use the words "Negro" and "black" interchangeably. "African American" has too many syllables for me to bother with it.

I do use the term "American Indian." I put "American" in front of "Indian" in order to distinguish between American Indians and inhabitants of India.

That's why I just say native.

•Pinky•

I have been told it is. However, the term is still used in some organizations, so if it is an offensive word, does this mean UNCF is offensive for using it too? Some blacks have said it is no longer used and can be construed as an insult. Two people I respect told me opposing views...one said it is offensive, the other laughed and said it was not offensive.

So....what does everyone else think? What is your opinion? Since both men have opposing views, for the sake of niceties, I will refrain from ever using the term negro again. But I am still wondering about it. Hence..the question.

It is a word. I think it is less offensive than '******'.

What does the phrase "it is a word" mean to you?

The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race.

"Human" isn't a race. It's a species. You understand the difference?

"Negroid", "caucasian" and "mongoloid" are the correct anthropological terms for the three main races in the world.

I dont recall the anthropologists getting buy in from anyone else on what to use in order to separate people by a social construct. Therefore those are not valid terms. Where is a Negroid from? Caucasians should be called Albus-soids and Mongoloids Fulvus-soids using that logic. Why is the term for whites and Asians descriptive of a location and the term for Blacks a color? Can anyone think of a reason for that?

It's just outdated. Similar to someone using gay to mean happy. Or using Groovy or Right On. It's better not to use terms that separate people from each other based on race. The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race. But we all know that isn't where we are right now. So, the most respectful thing is to find out what they prefer to be called and use that term instead.

I use the phrase "I dig it" all the time and people just look at me weird. It just feels right. 😄

•Pinky•

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back