Is the term NEGRO offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you, Nutz, that I will not respond to you. So save it.

I don't care if you respond to me or not...you just prove how much of a hypocrite you truly are. Someone calls you a **** and you think it is the end of the world...but if someone insults a black person, they should just suck it up.

Hypocrite! I suggest you stop littering the board with your insults against me as well. If you think being called a **** is the end of the world, there is much, much more I could say to hurt your fragile feelings.

Like I said...now I know why everyone was attacking you at one point. :lmao:

And where have I ever said blacks should just suck it up? LINK IT or STFU, asswipe.

Well, the last I recall, the spanish word for the color black is, negra. If any blacks are offended by the term, they might want to stay away from Spain.

And where have I ever said blacks should just suck it up? LINK IT or STFU, asswipe.

I thought you weren't responding to me!

I am getting really tired of your flat out lies, asshole. Tired of it. The good thing is...most here see you for what you are.

:lol: Have you even read what you post? Accusing blacks of being angry because of white racism? To me, that sounds like you are saying suck it up and ignore the hate. Maybe I am wrong, but that is exactly how it sounds to me.

Oh, now I read your post. Where have I called you a racist. Talk about being a liar. :lmao: You are pathetic.

Oh, now I read your post. Where have I called you a racist. Talk about being a liar. :lmao: You are pathetic.

I don't think you can keep track of who you call what. How many times have you called someone a "teaper" on this forum? You call EVERYONE a teaper, and its really corny. Hell you even call people teapers who aren't even in the tea party, like me for example, despite the fact that ive told you I don't identify with those people. Your obsession is fucking weird dude.

You also say that "all teapers are racist", and since you call everyone a teaper, chances are you called Gracie a teaper, which in your wacked out world means racist, so you DID in fact call her a racist.

It's offensive in the sense that it's old fashioned. It's not the N word, but it refers to a time when black people used to be abused.

Negro is a term used by racists because if the say ******, they out themselves. It is a code word for the SJ's and Rotagilla's of the world...and is sort of a secret handshake among racists...if you will.

I don't think it's offensive and I'm not racist.

"Negro" is the correct anthropological term for people of the negroid race and is the polite term used to refer to negroids.

"black" isn't a race. "african american" isn't a race... "africa" has nothing to do with negroes in america anyway and most of them have never been there.

"Negro" is a valid choice for race on the last..and all previous U.S. Census reports...as well as every government document for hundreds of years.

Then there's the "united negro college fund". Hard to get around that.

the negro plagiarist martin luther king used the word 30 or so times in his (plagiarized) "i have a dream" speech.
If it's good enough for the negro plagiarist, it's good enough for me.

Only since the perpetually aggrieved protected class learned they can manipulate white people by being "offended" by this word or that word has this nonsense been pushed.

If "Black" isn't a race then "White" isn't either. Race, in fact, is naught but a mere social construct created to divide the HUMAN race. Pondering the origins of the term Negro, I have discovered that the word was coined by the Portugese and Spanish who used it as an adjective to describe color. The term was used as a noun later by Euro-colonial countries as a euphemism for the word "slave."

Here is the link for a more detailed study designed to deal with everything you wanted to know about the word "Negro." Afrer reading the link, you may understand why the NAACP did not become the NAANP...at least in part.

Trinicenter.com - Dr. Kwame Nantambu - Origin of terms 'Negro' and Afrika

"Negro" is the correct anthropological term for people of the negroid race and is the polite term used to refer to negroids.

"black" isn't a race. "african american" isn't a race... "africa" has nothing to do with negroes in america anyway and most of them have never been there.

"Negro" is a valid choice for race on the last..and all previous U.S. Census reports...as well as every government document for hundreds of years.

Then there's the "united negro college fund". Hard to get around that.

the negro plagiarist martin luther king used the word 30 or so times in his (plagiarized) "i have a dream" speech.
If it's good enough for the negro plagiarist, it's good enough for me.

Only since the perpetually aggrieved protected class learned they can manipulate white people by being "offended" by this word or that word has this nonsense been pushed.

The beautiful thing about ugly racists like Rotagilla is that they make it totally easy for everyone to see what absolute raving assholes they are. It makes our work sooo much easier.

as Brianna said (and quite well, imo), tone means a lot.

But why even touch a word as a non-black person if you know that even a small percentage of that population does not like the word? Blacks are perfectly fine with being called "black", so why not just call them black instead of trying to grasp at an older, scientific/medical term that was often used in a tone of voice that was obviously racist?

Oh, and Rotagilla, black people are anything but an "perpetually aggrieved protected class". Black people I know are among the hardest working, most decent people I have ever met. So, fuck you, scumbag.

Ok. NOW it is making sense.

"Negro" has been used for centuries. Long before the nice try called "jim crow"

Many people don't really care what negroes are offended by this week. Many people have "negro fatigue" and don't care any more.

Being perpetually aggrieved and offended only works for so long...after a while no one pays any attention anymore...

Kind of like "racist"...It doesn't work as well as it used to because every time negroes don't get their way they blame "racism"....
It doesn't matter whether it has been used for centuries. What matters is what THEY deem offensive and to try not to insult them. I had no clue Negro was considered "bad". Now I know. And why.

And I think you did a good thing by starting this thread.

Both Nutz and Aesclapius layed out the most basic arguments and they are historically valid.

It's also not uncommon for people within a group to take a term that they consider offensive and turn it into something positive WITHIN THEIR GROUP. We Jews have been doing that for thousands of years: turning lemons into lemonade.

So, while I have never and never will use the N-word and I have also never used "negro" in conversation, I can understand why some black people use the term among themselves and do not feel offended FROM THE INSIDE.

It is also my experience that pretty much the only people who get bothered by that phenomenon when watching FROM THE OUTSIDE are racists or bigots themselves.

It is TRULY my hope that within 300 years, no one will give a fuck about skin color or race at all.

We are all homo sapiens. Advanced Monkeys. Oh, hi, [MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION]!! It's really that simple.

Canuck is a slang term that can be used as a slur against canadians. That is why I don't use the term canuck...it would be derogatory. I can find more creative ways to insult a fucking canadian.

But you like to call women *****.

Sometimes I call Mexicans wetbacks too. I have called Asians - Gooks. Jews - Kikes. The main reason I am not racist...I am equal opportunity. Some people deserve to be called a derogatory term every once in a while.

BTW...thanks for letting me live rent free!

Well, that must be a very freeing feeling. Tell me, ****, how long have you been doing this, ****?

:lol:

The word is fairly new. Check the etymology....the fact that humans are tribal and ethnocentric and prefer to be with other humans that share their culture history and beliefs is not new. It's how humans have always been..and always will be.
We aren't talking about what greeks africans or romans did or didn't do. It's completely irrelevant to this discussion.
Nice try, though..you should know by now that distraction, deflection and changing the subject when you get cornered doesn't work on me.

I already know the etymology. That's why I called you a retard for saying there has always been racism. The Greeks, Romans and the etymology prove your under-educated opinion as wrong so they are very pertinent to the discussion. Nationalism was what mattered.

I understand the low IQ is hereditary in your people and you're struggling here, so I'll correct you this one last time before you go back on ignore.

Negro, you'll notice in the post I said "This condition you call racism". See that? Try to focus...See it? Post #36?..See it? LMAO...

...I understand you're emotional and have trouble processing things that you don't like..you've even admitted that before...I don't hold it against you. It's typical negro behavior and completely predictable. I know you're doing the best you can with what you have.

Your desperate attempt to derail notwithstanding, circular logic doesn't work on me. You should know that by now.

You're dismissed. Go get your shine box and get to work, boy. :lol:

No. That is a scientific lie. And you will be negged for this from me, guaranteed.

Oh, well, at least you are disgustingly transparent. It makes it much easier to bat you around.

Truth must hurt for you to put me on ignore. You can talk until you are blue in the face and you cant change the fact you dont know what you are talking about. You aren't intelligent enough to confuse me boy. Racism is new. It hasn't always been around. Check your statement and don't try to change it because I already quoted it you moron.

hahahahaha..silly arrogant negro! So confused!

truth doesn't hurt me...ignorance does. That's why you're going on ignore, boy. I've read enough of yours. It's not amusing any more and in fact has become tedious.

see ya in the field after the collapse. Be ready.

You predicted the race war about a month ago. I heard you ran out courage and gumption before the first battle. Those damn logistics. :lol:

Those fat, pot-bellied, conservative armchair quarterbacks really need to up their game, I say!!! Well, first, they need to get out of the armchair without breaking it!

Last edited:
I have been told it is. However, the term is still used in some organizations, so if it is an offensive word, does this mean UNCF is offensive for using it too? Some blacks have said it is no longer used and can be construed as an insult. Two people I respect told me opposing views...one said it is offensive, the other laughed and said it was not offensive.

So....what does everyone else think? What is your opinion? Since both men have opposing views, for the sake of niceties, I will refrain from ever using the term negro again. But I am still wondering about it. Hence..the question.

It is a word. I think it is less offensive than '******'.

I have been told it is. However, the term is still used in some organizations, so if it is an offensive word, does this mean UNCF is offensive for using it too? Some blacks have said it is no longer used and can be construed as an insult. Two people I respect told me opposing views...one said it is offensive, the other laughed and said it was not offensive.

So....what does everyone else think? What is your opinion? Since both men have opposing views, for the sake of niceties, I will refrain from ever using the term negro again. But I am still wondering about it. Hence..the question.

It is a word. I think it is less offensive than '******'.

The key word being "less".

If a murderer stabs someone 42 times instead of 97 times, I suppose that would be "less" killing, too...

:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back