Is the term NEGRO offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is not really that simple. Besides, I am not asking you nor care what your opinion is. I started this thread to ask sane people their opinion.

Negro may or may not be an offensive term. I don't know.

But ****** is definitely an offensive term. It's extremely offensive and defines people as subhuman.

Thus [MENTION=49283]Rotagilla[/MENTION] is most certainly a ******

No..that's not what the word means...

negroes and anti whites think they can just make up definitions for words or decide which words they will be offended by. It's quite comical.

As far as calling me names?..LMAO...you're projecting.

No harm done to me...but very revealing about you.

Fuck off ******

Brilliant rebuttal!
Eloquent, erudite and sophisticated.

You'll go far in life..I can just tell. :lol:

So if Negro means black, why is negro offensive and black is not?

Because Black people came up with the term Black during the Black power movement. White people came up with Negro as I pointed out during Jim Crow. Its all about not accepting white labels. I for one am done with that.

Ok. NOW it is making sense.

Maybe this is a good rule? If the group it is aimed at considers it offensive and doesn't use it to describe themselves within the group, then it is offensive.

Even better. It doesn't matter if the group uses it among themselves. If they tell you not to do it then don't until you get the green flag. Some people call me by my nick name and I have no issue. If someone else got familiar with me like that without my consent I would not really like it.

Maybe this is a good rule? If the group it is aimed at considers it offensive and doesn't use it to describe themselves within the group, then it is offensive.

Even better. It doesn't matter if the group uses it among themselves. If they tell you not to do it then don't until you get the green flag. Some people call me by my nick name and I have no issue. If someone else got familiar with me like that without my consent I would not really like it.

You see, some white people think they should be able to do whatever they want. Their belief is the hell with everyone else.

So if Negro means black, why is negro offensive and black is not?

Because Black people came up with the term Black during the Black power movement. White people came up with Negro as I pointed out during Jim Crow. Its all about not accepting white labels. I for one am done with that.

"Negro" has been used for centuries. Long before the nice try called "jim crow"

Many people don't really care what negroes are offended by this week. Many people have "negro fatigue" and don't care any more.

Being perpetually aggrieved and offended only works for so long...after a while no one pays any attention anymore...

Kind of like "racist"...It doesn't work as well as it used to because every time negroes don't get their way they blame "racism"....

Many people don't really care what negroes are offended by this week. Many people have "negro fatigue" and don't care any more.

Being perpetually aggrieved and offended only works for so long...after a while no one pays any attention anymore...

Kind of like "racist"...It doesn't work as well as it used to because every time negroes don't get their way they blame "racism"....

I bet you wouldnt say it to black male without a corvette started and waiting and a 50 meter head start would you? :lol:

View attachment 30814

Is crayola racist?! I think not. 'Negro' just means black in another language. If black people are okay with the word 'black' they should be okay with the word 'negro'.

•Pinky•

If Donald Sterling used it, I find it offensive. And I'm not "black".

Frankly, except when reporting a crime, as a description of skin tone and predominate features, I find any reference to race offensive. I find all people to be unique as individuals and find it ignorant to put people into such oversimplified categories.

I don't think it's offensive.

However, the person who uses the word "Negro" is almost certainly a clueless, old white guy.

How about canuck...is canuck offensive.

There is a hockey team named the canucks...so it must not be offensive...

But wait, If I call someone a canuck...it is offensive. It is one of those words like negro...it depends on who says it and why.

I don't think it's offensive.

However, the person who uses the word "Negro" is almost certainly a clueless, old white guy.

How about canuck...is canuck offensive.

There is a hockey team named the canucks...so it must not be offensive...

But wait, If I call someone a canuck...it is offensive. It is one of those words like negro...it depends on who says it and why.

You WISH you were a Canadian!

It doesn't matter whether it has been used for centuries. What matters is what THEY deem offensive and to try not to insult them. I had no clue Negro was considered "bad". Now I know. And why.

Everyone of them? What about mixed raced, them too? Even the ones that look white that had one black parent?

I agree, I have met a few people of black features that didn't get that the problem wasn't racism. It was simply that they are assholes. But assholes come in every color, gender, age, and politcal bend. The common characteristic being simply blaming everyone else.

If we ever discover intellegent life else where in the universe, the discovery of extraterrestrial assholes will quickly follow.

And because assholes are so prevalent, so is rascism. Rascism is just another example of assholes being assholes.

I wonder if it is a regional thing..or an age thing. Do the majority of blacks feel like Asclepias does concerning the term? Or does it depend? My friend is 58 years old. He spent 8 years in prison and got out recently. So...that means he spent 50 years of his life with no problem of that word...or...maybe he did but got used to it in prison? Who knows. I will ask him next time I call him..which is usually once or twice a week.

So....the blacks here that can answer questions without lying about me....can you address this? It doesn't really matter now that I know the reason...but I am curious.

Everyone of them? What about mixed raced, them too? Even the ones that look white that had one black parent?

I agree, I have met a few people of black features that didn't get that the problem wasn't racism. It was simply that they are assholes. But assholes come in every color, gender, age, and politcal bend. The common characteristic being simply blaming everyone else.

If we ever discover intellegent life else where in the universe, the discovery of extraterrestrial assholes will quickly follow.

And because assholes are so prevalent, so is rascism. Rascism is just another example of assholes being assholes.

This condition you call "racism" has always existed and it always will.

Here's how the real world works; Humans are tribal and ethnocentric creatures (and given the freedom to do so without government interference) will always self segregate into groups according to race. People like to be around other people who share their culture, history and beliefs.

That's just the way it is and all attempts at marxist social engineering to create artificial "equality"...or lowering standards in order to ensure "equality" do nothing to improve society and, in fact, lead to further racial friction.

Other than at a hockey game, how could anyone find canucks offensive?
Canuck is a slang term that can be used as a slur against canadians. That is why I don't use the term canuck...it would be derogatory. I can find more creative ways to insult a fucking canadian.

Canadians use "Canuck" as an affectionate or merely descriptive term for their nationality. It is not considered derogatory in Canada, although other nationalities may use the word as an affectionate or derogatory term.

I wonder if it is a regional thing..or an age thing. Do the majority of blacks feel like Asclepias does concerning the term? Or does it depend? My friend is 58 years old. He spent 8 years in prison and got out recently. So...that means he spent 50 years of his life with no problem of that word...or...maybe he did but got used to it in prison? Who knows. I will ask him next time I call him..which is usually once or twice a week.

So....the blacks here that can answer questions without lying about me....can you address this? It doesn't really matter now that I know the reason...but I am curious.

Its not age or regional. Some people just ignore it and others don't. My family and my in-laws are from the south and they would be po'd if someone said that to them. I know some younger guys from NY and Seattle that feel the same.

This condition you call "racism" has always existed and it always will.

Here's how the real world works; Humans are tribal and ethnocentric creatures (and given the freedom to do so without government interference) will always self segregate into groups according to race. People like to be around other people who share their culture, history and beliefs.

That's just the way it is and all attempts at marxist social engineering to create artificial "equality"...or lowering standards in order to ensure "equality" do nothing to improve society and, in fact, lead to further racial friction.

You are retarded beyond belief. Racism is a fairly recent development. Nationalism is what people practiced. You do know that the Greeks and Romans had Black Africans as leaders and military men correct?

Ok, Asclepias. Makes sense. Thanks for responding and answering without the name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back