Is the term NEGRO offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 30814

Is crayola racist?! I think not. 'Negro' just means black in another language. If black people are okay with the word 'black' they should be okay with the word 'negro'.

•Pinky•

If Donald Sterling used it, I find it offensive. And I'm not "black".

Frankly, except when reporting a crime, as a description of skin tone and predominate features, I find any reference to race offensive. I find all people to be unique as individuals and find it ignorant to put people into such oversimplified categories.

I feel BLACK people need to choose their battles more strategically. So many black people have nitpicked every little thing to the point that no ones takes actual racism seriously. The race card has been abused and overwhelmed so much in the last 30 years it's sickening. Like the boy that cried wolf. One day our cries will be ignored and it's our own damn fault for playin games. Anybody (within physical reach) that calls me a ****** is likely to get punched in the throat and kneed in the face but that's completely different than 'negro'. Why wastes so much energy being offended about a legitimate and official term.

•Pinky•

Maybe this is a good rule? If the group it is aimed at considers it offensive and doesn't use it to describe themselves within the group, then it is offensive.

Except Nutz does not agree he claims that anyone that complains about him using teaper is wrong that it is offensive. So basically he and his buddy want to decide what words mean and only they get to decide.

Maybe this is a good rule? If the group it is aimed at considers it offensive and doesn't use it to describe themselves within the group, then it is offensive.

Except Nutz does not agree he claims that anyone that complains about him using teaper is wrong that it is offensive. So basically he and his buddy want to decide what words mean and only they get to decide.

Didn't you start a thread so you can complain about teaper? Why are you derailing this thread?

View attachment 30814

Is crayola racist?! I think not. 'Negro' just means black in another language. If black people are okay with the word 'black' they should be okay with the word 'negro'.

•Pinky•

If Donald Sterling used it, I find it offensive. And I'm not "black".

Frankly, except when reporting a crime, as a description of skin tone and predominate features, I find any reference to race offensive. I find all people to be unique as individuals and find it ignorant to put people into such oversimplified categories.

I feel BLACK people need to choose their battles more strategically. So many black people have nitpicked every little thing to the point that no ones takes actual racism seriously. The race card has been abused and overwhelmed so much in the last 30 years it's sickening. Like the boy that cried wolf. One day our cries will be ignored and it's our own damn fault for playin games. Anybody (within physical reach) that calls me a ****** is likely to get punched in the throat and kneed in the face but that's completely different than 'negro'. Why wastes so much energy being offended about a legitimate and official term.

•Pinky•

I used think like that too when I was younger. Then I realized what I was doing. By picking my battles I was putting the oppressor in a position of power psychologically. Like a kid that wants something but has to figure out how to ask for it. Now I could give a damn who gets tired. If they get tired of me being in their ass over simple respect they have 2 options. Pretend or actually give me the respect. I'm fine with either because at the end of the day they cant stop me. The race card thing is simply a way of saying "I dont respect you or your people and you pointing that out doesn't matter to me". In effect a reverse race card used to shame you for pointing things out. This is not a negotiation. You will give me respect or have to deal with me.

"The essence of power is the ability to define someone's reality and make them live according to that definition as if it is a definition of their own choosing."
--Wade Nobles

Last edited:
His anger really only comes out when he has to physically deal with someone. Normally my intelligence and overall presence will suffice to make them see the error of their ways.

He had kids and they are angry too.

Last edited:
Isn't it time to stop being angry and passing it on to your kids? What will any of this solve? Nothing. All it does is keep it going for another couple of hundred years..or more.

You say you want respect. Do you show respect back to those that do show you the same thing?

Isn't it time to stop being angry and passing it on to your kids? What will any of this solve? Nothing. All it does is keep it going for another couple of hundred years..or more.

You say you want respect. Do you show respect back to those that do show you the same thing?

No.

Like I said the anger only comes out when it gets physical. i have way more to do than worry about what white people may think of me. They step in my way with disrespect I deal with them. Why would I teach my children to accept racial disrespect? Does that make sense to you?

I didn't say I want respect. I said people have 2 choices. Give it or pretend. I wont tolerate less. I come at people expecting the best. If they show me less than their very best I don't accept it. Thats just how I am built. Worked great for me so far.

Anyone who thinks the word "Negro" is offensive is too sensitive. I use the words "Negro" and "black" interchangeably. "African American" has too many syllables for me to bother with it.

I do use the term "American Indian." I put "American" in front of "Indian" in order to distinguish between American Indians and inhabitants of India.

You teach your kids that people are people...race has nothing to do with treating human beings decently. Or shouldn't anyway.
I could have taught my kid that blacks are inferior or beneath them. I didn't. I taught him that people are people and to treat them with respect unless they were unworthy of it..no matter the color of their skin. I did NOT teach him to be angry.

You have more to worry about than "white people". Lovely. So how would you feel if I said I have more to worry about than what blacks think of me? Wouldn't you automatically assume I think they ARE beneath me?

Why is it that every other race is to conform to groveling to your anger...but you just stomp all over us in that anger? Because that is what I get from blacks like you and Nutz. Anger. Disregard of anyone else if it doesn't mesh with YOUR thoughts, beliefs and demands. You are supposed to treat people as people. At least, that is how I was raised.

Anyone who thinks the word "Negro" is offensive is too sensitive. I use the words "Negro" and "black" interchangeably. "African American" has too many syllables for me to bother with it.

I do use the term "American Indian." I put "American" in front of "Indian" in order to distinguish between American Indians and inhabitants of India.

Typically its safe for you to do this on the internet. I'm talking real life scenarios.

Typically its safe for you to do this on the internet. I'm talking real life scenarios.

Friends is another one of those who uses Negro as a code word for ******. He doubt he has the testicular fortitude to spew his nonsense in real life or outside of his special meetings. But I would encourage him if he were in my presence.

You teach your kids that people are people...race has nothing to do with treating human beings decently. Or shouldn't anyway.
I could have taught my kid that blacks are inferior or beneath them. I didn't. I taught him that people are people and to treat them with respect unless they were unworthy of it..no matter the color of their skin. I did NOT teach him to be angry.

You have more to worry about than "white people". Lovely. So how would you feel if I said I have more to worry about than what blacks think of me? Wouldn't you automatically assume I think they ARE beneath me?

Why is it that every other race is to conform to groveling to your anger...but you just stomp all over us in that anger? Because that is what I get from blacks like you and Nutz. Anger. Disregard of anyone else if it doesn't mesh with YOUR thoughts, beliefs and demands. You are supposed to treat people as people. At least, that is how I was raised.

You can feel or think that way all you want...but notice how you responded when you were called a ****? Notice how you responded to misogyny? Why do you expect us NOT to respond to racism and hate...whether veiled or outward? Why is it okay for you to defend yourself or comment when you are offended but it is not okay for blacks to do the same. Why that double standard?

Hate me all you want, but that is the truth...you think we should turn the other cheek to racism, but you do not do the same!

Last edited:

I teach my kids people are people. I also teach them not to allow people to disrespect them. It would be real easy to teach them white people are inferior but I don't honestly believe that. They have white relatives and their older sister is actually half white.

I would think you were most likely a racist if you just walked up to me and blurted that out. However, thats not what I said. The context I used it in was being worried about what white people thought of me being angry. I simply dont care because I see it as a tool to try and shame someone for demanding respect. Also I dont care because there is nothing they can do about it.

Who said every other race has to grovel? Why would you grovel because you want to call me a Negro and I said to find another term? The question should be why do you feel its so important to call me a negro? I said its disrespectful to me. That should be the end of it. I do treat people as people. However, when they show me they are subhuman I treat them as such.

Last edited:
Is the term NEGRO offensive?

Not to Republicans. Although, I'm sure they prefer to use terms like "tar baby", "uppity" and "boy".

You can feel or think that way all you want...but notice how you responded when you were called a ****? Notice how you responded to misogyny? Why do you expect us to respond to racism and hate...whether veiled or outward? Why is it okay for you to defend yourself or comment when you are offended but it is not okay for blacks to do the same. Why that double standard?

Hate me all you want, but that is the truth...you think we should turn the other cheek to racism, but you do not do the same!

Except according to you everyone is racist. You make some of the stupidest claims I have ever seen, You accuse everyone that disagrees with you of being a member of the Tea party and racist.

You can feel or think that way all you want...but notice how you responded when you were called a ****? Notice how you responded to misogyny? Why do you expect us to respond to racism and hate...whether veiled or outward? Why is it okay for you to defend yourself or comment when you are offended but it is not okay for blacks to do the same. Why that double standard?

Same goes with the word Teaper and the faux controversy over that. It is okay for the Tea Party stock to be upset over that, but it is not okay for blacks to be upset over racist comments? It is not okay for blacks to respond to it. You expect blacks to just accept it?

This ain't the 60's anymore...we don't have to accept disrespect, insults and innuendos. Why do you demand we accept and ignore racism?

Except according to you everyone is racist. You make some of the stupidest claims I have ever seen, You accuse everyone that disagrees with you of being a member of the Tea party and racist.

:lol: You think I do because you are sensitive and you don't understand the overall point. Over the top racism is okay...as long as it attacks someone other than you...right?

I told you, Nutz, that I will not respond to you. So save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back