Is the term NEGRO offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just outdated. Similar to someone using gay to mean happy. Or using Groovy or Right On. It's better not to use terms that separate people from each other based on race. The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race. But we all know that isn't where we are right now. So, the most respectful thing is to find out what they prefer to be called and use that term instead.

I use the phrase "I dig it" all the time and people just look at me weird. It just feels right. 😄

•Pinky•

What if negroes decided that phrase "offended" them? Would you still use it?

So if Negro means black, why is negro offensive and black is not?

Because Black people came up with the term Black during the Black power movement. White people came up with Negro as I pointed out during Jim Crow. Its all about not accepting white labels. I for one am done with that.

Why do Caucasians from western Eurasia call themselves white?

IF you are black you are a negro like it or not. :badgrin:

Negroid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Negroid (also known by the more precise term Congoid[1]) is a term that is used by some forensic and physical anthropologists to refer to individuals and populations that share certain morphological and skeletal traits that are frequent among most populations in Sub-Saharan Africa

So if Negro means black, why is negro offensive and black is not?

Because Black people came up with the term Black during the Black power movement. White people came up with Negro as I pointed out during Jim Crow. Its all about not accepting white labels. I for one am done with that.

Negroid (also known by the more precise term Congoid[1]) is a term that is used by some forensic and physical anthropologists to refer to individuals and populations that share certain morphological and skeletal traits that are frequent among most populations in Sub-Saharan Africa

Oops.

Oh, now I read your post. Where have I called you a racist. Talk about being a liar. :lmao: You are pathetic.

I don't think you can keep track of who you call what. How many times have you called someone a "teaper" on this forum? You call EVERYONE a teaper, and its really corny. Hell you even call people teapers who aren't even in the tea party, like me for example, despite the fact that ive told you I don't identify with those people. Your obsession is fucking weird dude.

You also say that "all teapers are racist", and since you call everyone a teaper, chances are you called Gracie a teaper, which in your wacked out world means racist, so you DID in fact call her a racist.

Teaper!

Oops.

Yea ok you are a congoid, feel better :badgrin:

It's just outdated. Similar to someone using gay to mean happy. Or using Groovy or Right On. It's better not to use terms that separate people from each other based on race. The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race. But we all know that isn't where we are right now. So, the most respectful thing is to find out what they prefer to be called and use that term instead.

I use the phrase "I dig it" all the time and people just look at me weird. It just feels right. 😄

•Pinky•

Well yeah but that's a phrase not a description or term used to refer to someone or a race of people.

•Pinky•

I understand the low IQ is hereditary in your people and you're struggling here, so I'll correct you this one last time before you go back on ignore.

Negro, you'll notice in the post I said "This condition you call racism". See that? Try to focus...See it? Post #36?..See it? LMAO...

...I understand you're emotional and have trouble processing things that you don't like..you've even admitted that before...I don't hold it against you. It's typical negro behavior and completely predictable. I know you're doing the best you can with what you have.

Your desperate attempt to derail notwithstanding, circular logic doesn't work on me. You should know that by now.

You're dismissed. Go get your shine box and get to work, boy. :lol:

No. That is a scientific lie.
It is a scientific fact.

And you will be negged for this from me, guaranteed.

Oh no!..Not neg rep!.I'm SO hurt!....Whatever will I do?..I hope I can recover..LMAO..neg rep :doubt:

....you kids are funny! :lol:

Oh, well, at least you are disgustingly transparent. It makes it much easier to bat you around.

I relay proven facts...deny them if you have to so you can feel better..I don't care. Your denials don't change reality in the least but they do expose your ignorance.
Carry on..."neg rep"...:lol:

No, it's a scientific lie that black peoples' brains possess less IQ than white peoples' brains, that it is somehow "hereditary", which is exactly what you are trying to say with that worthless, racist shit that you spew out of your ugly fucking mouth like vomit.

Enjoy your negs. Goodness knows I am going to enjoy sending them to you, you stupid, ugly, racist fuck.

Its offensive to me and every other Black person I know. This includes my youngest daughter. Its similar to the N word as far as I am concerned. Its outdated as well. If you notice those organizations you mentioned were named way back in the day. Black people have stopped accepting labels imposed on them by other people. I thought everyone had gotten the notice. What is a Negro anyway? There is no country nor continent named Negro. The correct term is Black or African American. If in doubt simply ask. Regardless of how you feel about it or the rationale as to why you think you should be able to use it, don't unless you want to offend someone. Its really that simple.

Census Bureau will drop the word "Negro" from its forms - CBS News

After more than a century, the Census Bureau is dropping its use of the word "Negro" to describe black Americans in surveys.

Instead of the term that came into use during the Jim Crow era of racial segregation, census forms will use the more modern labels "black" or "African-American".

The problem is in the person, not the word. A large number of blacks, (or whatever they are at the time), hate it that they were born black, hate their own skin color so much that they will never be happy. It's like the geographical cure for unhappiness. The problem is inside the person's head, not in a word to describe their race.
I just wish they'd make up their minds on what the hell they are! I'll call them whatever they decide on, just make up your minds!!

I disagree. Words are probably the most import things on the planet. Words define things and create pictures in our minds. Most intelligent people understand that the mind thinks in pictures. If I say "elephant" to you your mind immediately imagines your version of what an elephant looks and acts like based on your experiences. If we all agree generally on what that is we have defined it for our society. In our society Negro was used most recently during Jim Crow. It had derogatory connotations then and still does as evidenced by the cave chimps on this thread. Thats why children grow up hating their skin. They are not equipped to deal with those negative connotations. Most dont know that the color of their skin was considered divine by the ancient East Indian and Egyptian cultures.

Last edited:
The only race any person should be a part of really, is the human race.

"Human" isn't a race. It's a species. You understand the difference?

"Negroid", "caucasian" and "mongoloid" are the correct anthropological terms for the three main races in the world.

And it's only important to you because you are a buttfucking ugly racist.

Spit.

•Pinky•

Why would it be offensive? it has nothing to do with a label applied to a racial group.

•Pinky•

Why would it be offensive? it has nothing to do with a label applied to a racial group.

It's just the twisted logic that ugly racist fucks try to apply to this kind of stuff.

Seen it all my life as a Jew, am very familiar with facing this especially perfide form of hatred.

No. That is a scientific lie.
It is a scientific fact.

Oh no!..Not neg rep!.I'm SO hurt!....Whatever will I do?..I hope I can recover..LMAO..neg rep :doubt:

Oh, well, at least you are disgustingly transparent. It makes it much easier to bat you around.

I relay proven facts...deny them if you have to so you can feel better..I don't care. Your denials don't change reality in the least but they do expose your ignorance.

No, it's a scientific lie that black peoples' brains possess less IQ than white peoples' brains, that it is somehow "hereditary", which is exactly what you are trying to say with that worthless, racist shit that you spew out of your ugly fucking mouth like vomit.

Enjoy your negs. Goodness knows I am going to enjoy sending them to you, you stupid, ugly, racist fuck.

I dont believe IQ is even really valid. There are too many different kinds of intelligence and no way to test for them. However, since we are using the Mensa standard.

11-Year-Old UK Boy Scores Higher Than Einstein on Mensa IQ Test - The Root

Ramarni was invited to take the IQ test after writing an essay for Oxford University that received an impressive score. He scored an IQ of 162, placing him in the top 1 percent in the U.K. He said that he was surprised by his score because he wasn’t confident about the test when he completed it. Ramarni has earned all of the bragging rights, but with his brilliance comes much modesty.

I wonder what he would have scored had he been confident?

It's just the twisted logic that ugly racist fucks try to apply to this kind of stuff.

Seen it all my life as a Jew, am very familiar with facing this especially perfide form of hatred.

I know. I just like calling it out so others can see the failed logic. He is trying to elicit a defensive response. People are notorious for wanting to appear congruent in their beliefs. Thats how people are easily sold on ideas. You get them to agree 3 or more times and they will do anything to remain consistent.

Last edited:
I have been told it is. However, the term is still used in some organizations, so if it is an offensive word, does this mean UNCF is offensive for using it too? Some blacks have said it is no longer used and can be construed as an insult. Two people I respect told me opposing views...one said it is offensive, the other laughed and said it was not offensive.

So....what does everyone else think? What is your opinion? Since both men have opposing views, for the sake of niceties, I will refrain from ever using the term negro again. But I am still wondering about it. Hence..the question.

As with every other word, usage and context determine if it's offensive. May notice the lack of exclamations of "God!" or "Jesus Christ!" on tv nowadays. Very subtlely, Christian activists got such exclamations removed because it offends them. Similarly, other words are allowed even though if used differently it wouldn't be, as with "shit." If an exclamation, it's forbidden, if referring to excrement it's often allowed being considered slang. As it'd be with "negro." If having a discussion about black-skinned people (or possibly wines heh,) just as caucasians are caucasians, negroes might be referred to that way. But if using it in a desparaging way it's as offensive as "******." By the by, I'm not aware of any "legit" usage for "******." I assume it meant something way back, but now it's as universally desparaging and insulting as "Nazi" or "liberal." Okay, maybe not that last one. :)

Negro is a term used by racists because if the say ******, they out themselves. It is a code word for the SJ's and Rotagilla's of the world...and is sort of a secret handshake among racists...if you will.

I don't think it's offensive and I'm not racist.

Do you go around calling people Negro?

It is a scientific fact.

I dont believe IQ is even really valid. There are too many different kinds of intelligence and no way to test for them. However, since we are using the Mensa standard.

Ramarni was invited to take the IQ test after writing an essay for Oxford University that received an impressive score. He scored an IQ of 162, placing him in the top 1 percent in the U.K. He said that he was surprised by his score because he wasn’t confident about the test when he completed it. Ramarni has earned all of the bragging rights, but with his brilliance comes much modesty.

True.

But the point is that fucked up racists (is there any other kind?) have tried to grasp at junk science to even study the size of african skulls vs. european skulls in order to want to come to the conclusion that blacks are inferior because their brains are somehow less, and all this shit about IQ is just one step in that direction.

Truth is that within all races and sub-genuses, there are varying skull sizes. Has nothing to do with intelligence per se.

True.

But the point is that fucked up racists (is there any other kind?) have tried to grasp at junk science to even study the size of african skulls vs. european skulls in order to want to come to the conclusion that blacks are inferior because their brains are somehow less, and all this shit about IQ is just one step in that direction.

Truth is that within all races and sub-genuses, there are varying skull sizes. Has nothing to do with intelligence per se.

no one said skull size is the determiner for intelligence. You made that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back