Is The Will Of God Poverty Or Prosperity?

biblical

Dec 23, 2012
Genesis 1:28 - Then God blessed them.....

Genesis 9:1 - So, God blessed Noah and his sons......

Genesis 13:2 - Now Abram was extremely rich in livestock, silver and gold.

Genesis 39:2 - But the Lord was with Joseph, and he though a slave was a successful and prosperous man..

Genesis 26:12 - Then Isaac sowed seed in that land and received in the same year a hundred times as much as he had planted, and the Lord favored him with blessings.

Deuteronomy 29:9 - Therefore keep the words of this covenant, and do them, that you may prosper in all that you do.

2 Chronicles 1:12 - And I(God) will also give you wealth, riches and honor.........

2 Kings 18:7 - And the Lord was with Hezekiah; he prospered wherever he went.

Psalm 23:1 - The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not lack.

Psalm 92:12 - The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon...

Job 36:11 - If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity........

Psalm 1:1-3 - Blessed is the man who......delights in the law of the Lord......whatever he does prospers.

Proverbs 11:25 - A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Isaiah 1:19 - If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land...

Deuteronomy 8:18 - But you shall remember, the Lord your God, for it is He, who gives you power to get wealth.........

Psalm 34:10 - They who seek the Lord, none of them shall lack......

Isaiah 48:17 - I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit....

Joshua 1:8 - Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Malachi 3:10 - Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test Me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing, that you will not have room enough for it.

Deuteronomy 28:1-14 - If you fully obey, the Lord your God.......the Lord your God will set you high above all people on earth. And all these blessings will come upon you and accompany you.......................................................................................................

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things, will be given to you as well..

2 Corinthians 9:8 - And God is able to make all grace, come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient....

John 10:10 - I(Jesus) came, that you may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, till it overflows...

Philippians 4:19 - And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 - And if you are in Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise..

3 John 2 - Beloved, I pray that you may prosper, even as your soul prospers....

2 Corinthians 8:9 - For you know, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes, He became poor(HIs sacrifice), that you through His poverty(His sacrifice) might become rich..

Bible 101
Bible 101

Last edited:
God maintains that those who follow him will reap blessings.

BTW, Matthew 6 is what I read to my daughter this morning before school, lol. Isn't it funny how that works?

"19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt , and where thieves break through and steal : 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt , and where thieves do not break through nor steal : 21 For where your treasure is , there will your heart be also. 22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat , or what ye shall drink ; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on . Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap , nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow ; they toil not, neither do they spin : 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is , and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought , saying , What shall we eat ? or, What shall we drink ? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed ? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek :) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Genesis 39:2 - But the Lord was with Joseph, and he though a slave was a successful and prosperous man..

Genesis 26:12 - Then Isaac sowed seed in that land and received in the same year a hundred times as much as he had planted, and the Lord favored him with blessings.

Deuteronomy 29:9 - Therefore keep the words of this covenant, and do them, that you may prosper in all that you do.

2 Chronicles 1:12 - And I(God) will also give you wealth, riches and honor.........

Psalm 92:12 - The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon...

Job 36:11 - If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity........

Psalm 1:1-3 - Blessed is the man who......delights in the law of the Lord......whatever he does prospers.

Proverbs 11:25 - A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Isaiah 1:19 - If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the best from the land...

Deuteronomy 8:18 - But you shall remember, the Lord your God, for it is He, who gives you power to get wealth.........

Joshua 1:8 - Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Malachi 3:10 - Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test Me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing, that you will not have room enough for it.

Deuteronomy 28:1-14 - If you fully obey, the Lord your God.......the Lord your God will set you high above all people on earth. And all these blessings will come upon you and accompany you.......................................................................................................

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these things, will be given to you as well..

2 Corinthians 9:8 - And God is able to make all grace, come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient....

John 10:10 - I(Jesus) came, that you may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, till it overflows...

Philippians 4:19 - And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:29 - And if you are in Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise..

2 Corinthians 8:9 - For you know, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes, He became poor(HIs sacrifice), that you through His poverty(His sacrifice) might become rich..

Bible 101
Bible 101

Shucks.......they were all Republicans except Christ himself and he was a convert. Here's what the ol' man had to say about Democrats:

Deuteronomy 15:11 "There will always be poor people. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land"

Last edited:

Bible 101
Bible 101

Shucks.......they were all Republicans except Christ himself and he was a convert. Here's what the ol' man had to say about Democrats:

Deuteronomy 15:11 There will always be poor people. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Jesus' view of education, "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Jesus' view of education, "Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

I’m hoping to improve my own prosperity (in accordance with the will of the gawds), but I have an issue you might help with.

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway?

Can you enlighten me as to how gods universal ethical teachings would resolve such a conflict?

Thanks.

Bible 101
Bible 101

Deuteronomy 15:11 There will always be poor people. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Do you really want to know what the new testament taught? There is more talk of hell than any other subject. A total of 162 mentions of it and 70 of them by Jesus himself. About there not really being a burning hell:

Luke 16
24"So the rich man called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire."

Bible 101
Bible 101

Deuteronomy 15:11 "There will always be poor people. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land"

Deuteronomy 15:11 - There will always be poor people.............

Indeed, God said, there will always be poor people, but He never said, that those who believe in Him would be poor ?
If poverty is the will of God for those who believe in Him, how will they help the poor and needy, if they are the poor and needy themselves? Why would God command His people or those who believe in Him, to help the poor and needy, if He intended them to be poor and needy? What can the poor and needy do for one another? What can one homeless person do for another homeless person? Why would God ask a poor man to help another poor man and become poorer and needier?
When was the last time the poor helped other poor people in a significant way?
If God intended His people to be poor, then for whom did God create the abundant resources of the earth?

Mark 16:15 - And then He(Jesus) said to them, Go into all the world, preach and publish openly the good news to every creature of the whole human race..

Before departing for heaven Jesus gave all Christians a noble assignment, to spread the gospel globally.
Now, if those who believe in Jesus are all broke, busted and disgusted, who is going to finance the spreading of the gospel, to every corner of the earth? Who is going to pay for what Jesus commanded His followers, to do?

Revelations 21:21 - And the street of the city was pure gold, ..........

If God lives in a city made of pure gold, does He want His children to live under bridges and eat at soap kitchens?
How many rich and powerful people of the world, would want their children to live in poverty?
Is any human richer and more powerful than God?

As is the case with the Bible, there are many contradictions.

Matthew 19:24

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

I’m hoping to improve my own prosperity (in accordance with the will of the gawds), but I have an issue you might help with.

"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

One of the 4 year old children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically he is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway?

Can you enlighten me as to how gods universal ethical teachings would resolve such a conflict?

Thanks.

Do you also intend to make animal sacrifices to God, like they did under the Old Covenant? If you are going to practice the Law of Moses, why not do the whole thing?

Isaiah 43:3 - For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel...

Under the Old Covenant, Jews were the only people on planet earth, that God considered to be His people. This designation, only applied to the Jews, under the Old Covenant and does not apply to anyone under the New Covenant or Jews today.
And according to the Bible, all non-Jews were heathens or gentiles, that is why God is called the God of Israel, under the Old Covenant.

Ephesians 2:12 - Remember, that you(non-Jews) were at that time(Old Covenant) separated....from all....the rights of Israel....with no share in the sacred compacts....with no knowledge of or right in God's agreements.....you were in the world without God...

The Law of Moses was for the Jews under the Old Covenant and not for the Jews alive today or anyone else.

Genesis 15:18 - On the same day, the Lord made a covenant with Abram.....

After the fall of Adam, as God attempted to reconnect and relate to humanity, He gave and allowed laws and practices, that mirrored the customs and traditions of that time, like animal sacrifices.
The people God was dealing with at that time, did not know any better, that's why God through out the Old Testament dealt with people with more than one wife and who had girl friends on the side, something unacceptable under the New Covenant.

Galatians 3:19 - What then was the purpose of the law? ....it was intended to be in effect, until the seed(Jesus) should come.....

If the Law of Moses was intended to be in effect, until Jesus came, can the Law of Moses continue after Jesus came?

Galatians 3:24 - So, the law served as.....our guide.....until Jesus came....

If the law was a guide until Jesus came, should the Law of Moses be followed after Jesus came?

Galatians 3:25 - But now that the faith(Jesus) has come, we are no longer under our guide(Law of Moses)

Should anyone follow the Law of Moses today?

Matthew 27:50-51 - And Jesus cried again, with a loud voice and gave up His spirit. And at once the curtain of the sanctuary of the temple was torn on two, from top to bottom....

Why did God tear the curtain of the sanctuary, which was a symbol and part of the Law of Moses, if He wanted the Law of Moses to continue?

Last edited:

Thanks.

Do you also intend to make animal sacrifices to God, like they did under the Old Covenant? If you are going to practice the Law of Moses, why not do the whole thing?

Isaiah 43:3 - For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel...

Under the Old Covenant, Jews were the only people on planet earth, that God considered to be His people. This designation, only applied to the Jews, under the Old Covenant and does not apply to anyone under the New Covenant or Jews today.
And according to the Bible, all non-Jews were heathens or gentiles, that is why God is called the God of Israel, under the Old Covenant.

Ephesians 2:12 - Remember, that you(non-Jews) were at that time(Old Covenant) separated....from all....the rights of Israel....with no share in the sacred compacts....with no knowledge of or right in God's agreements.....you were in the world without God...

The Law of Moses was for the Jews under the Old Covenant and not for the Jews alive today or anyone else.

Genesis 15:18 - On the same day, the Lord made a covenant with Abram.....

After the fall of Adam, as God attempted to reconnect and relate to humanity, He gave and allowed laws and practices, that mirrored the customs and traditions of that time, like animal sacrifices.
The people God was dealing with at that time, did not know any better, that's why God through out the Old Testament dealt with people with more than one wife and who had girl friends on the side, something unacceptable under the New Covenant.

Galatians 3:19 - What then was the purpose of the law? ....it was intended to be in effect, until the seed(Jesus) should come.....

If the Law of Moses was intended to be in effect, until Jesus came, can the Law of Moses continue after Jesus came?

Galatians 3:24 - So, the law served as.....our guide.....until Jesus came....

If the law was a guide until Jesus came, should the Law of Moses be followed after Jesus came?

Galatians 3:25 - But now that the faith(Jesus) has come, we are no longer under our guide(Law of Moses)

Should anyone follow the Law of Moses today?

Matthew 27:50-51 - And Jesus cried again, with a loud voice and gave up His spirit. And at once the curtain of the sanctuary of the temple was torn on two, from top to bottom....

Why did God tear the curtain of the sanctuary, which was a symbol and part of the Law of Moses, if He wanted the Law of Moses to continue?

I can't believe this is happening. The primitive fairy tale is about finished. If the NY Times had sent a dozen of their best reporters to cover all that stuff and they had returned with what's in the bible.....they would have all been fired and the story would not have been printed. That fairy tale conjured up by ignorant people who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat directly contradicts itself hundreds of times and there is no way of verifying any of it. There were six known historians alive during the Jesus period and not one of them mentioned the first miracle. It would be like the sports magazines never mentioning Mickey Mantle or Babe Ruth.

Do you really want to know what the new testament taught? There is more talk of hell than any other subject. A total of 162 mentions of it and 70 of them by Jesus himself. About there not really being a burning hell:

Luke 16
24"So the rich man called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire."

Luke 16:24 - So, the rich man called to him...........

The Rich man did not go to hell because he was rich and Lazarus did not go to heaven because he was rich? Each one of these biblical figures, ended up in their respective destinations because of the way they lived their lives? No one is good because they are poor and no one is bad because they are rich?
What you have or do not have does not determine, what kind of person you are? Both rich and poor do evil as well as good?
How can God, who lives in a city of gold, be opposed to his own children having a tiny fraction of what He has? And if everyone was poor, there would be no industries and businesses to provide us all with goods and services? Can you imagine a world, where no one had two cents to rub together?
If everyone was poor, who would own and run the factory that makes paper, so the Word of God can be printed for mass distribution?

Forum List

Back