Is there a better band than AC/DC?

i did too billo,same place dark side tour.....as soon as the lights dimmed there must have a 100 joints being lit...lol
Did you ever see the Greatful Dead at Pauly Pavillion on New Years Eve? I didn't have to bring weed, I got high by just breathing the air.
wasnt a big dead fan....did see Cream though on their farewell tour at the Anaheim Conv Center late 68....Spirit opened....

During the Bon Scott days, I might have agreed with you. Once Brian Johnson took over, I must demure. I just can't stand his voice.

Either way, I would argue Free was a much better band than AC/DC, Bon or Brian singing. My proof is in the recordings. I've listened to both and I choose Free as the best rock n roll band ever.

that was my first concert.....great 8 dollar tickets....
I saw Led Zeppelin at the Long Beach Auditorium for $6 in 1976.
i had a chance to see hendrix,jefferson airplane,the doors and another band at the Anaheim CC for 10 bucks.....went to a party instead....i went to parties instead of some good concerts quit a few times back then....if i had to do it over i would have went to the concerts....

i had a chance to see hendrix,jefferson airplane,the doors and another band at the Anaheim CC for 10 bucks.....went to a party instead....i went to parties instead of some good concerts quit a few times back then....if i had to do it over i would have went to the concerts....
I know just how you feel; I had a buddy who was at Monterey Pop in '67.

During the Bon Scott days, I might have agreed with you. Once Brian Johnson took over, I must demure. I just can't stand his voice.

Either way, I would argue Free was a much better band than AC/DC, Bon or Brian singing. My proof is in the recordings. I've listened to both and I choose Free as the best rock n roll band ever.
Free?.....the best ever?...to each their own.....

Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys, Chicago, Journey, Eagles and about a dozen more.

I’d put them in the top 25

And in the History of Rock n Roll, being in the top 25 is an incredible honor.

Got a kick out of the ticket prices quoted earlier. Yeah, I remember those days!

He really really really loves "All Right Now" so what can you say. :)

He really really really loves "All Right Now" so what can you say. :)
and "Fire and Water" and "Wishing Well"....

If there is, I haven't seen it.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]7J5SrhjNQ5g[/MEDIA] Shot Down in Flames - YouTube[/ame]

AC/DC is the greatest fuckin' band that ever lived!

If you disagree, then prove it!

They certainly are a great band. When I was a kid I wore out their albums and had to steal new one's at Woolworth's.

AC/DC was very prominent in the soundtrack of my adolescence.

necrothread.jpg

Forum List

Back