Is there a god?

I first came here, to see if there was anything concrete that people believed in. Apparently, there's not. Not here, anyways.

Curious why you say that? Of course there is! But it is unique to every individual and you must find your own way. The spiritual path isn't like a diet that someone can recommend and you simple follow steps A, B and C and get there. The soul measures progress in its own way---- for some it might take many lifetimes; for others, they might realize God in an instant. The best way to find God is to first find someone else who has found God, a bonafide aspirant you have faith in who can guide you.
They’re just going to spout a bunch of bible stuff without any serious proof. I have yet to find anyone who has actually found god, they might say they have, but when questioned, it’s obvious that they haven’t found shit.
they think they've found him--in their minds only
I have chosen the better portion. I hope you find half as much happiness in life as I have.
If it makes you feel better, than believer in the Spaghetti Monster if you want. Where I have a problem is when religion is the reason for so much killing in the world, or when parents want Creation taught in science class, which is fucking with kids' minds, or when idiots say that they have a god given right to a gun... then I have a big problem with religion.

I first came here, to see if there was anything concrete that people believed in. Apparently, there's not. Not here, anyways.

Curious why you say that? Of course there is! But it is unique to every individual and you must find your own way. The spiritual path isn't like a diet that someone can recommend and you simple follow steps A, B and C and get there. The soul measures progress in its own way---- for some it might take many lifetimes; for others, they might realize God in an instant. The best way to find God is to first find someone else who has found God, a bonafide aspirant you have faith in who can guide you.
They’re just going to spout a bunch of bible stuff without any serious proof. I have yet to find anyone who has actually found god, they might say they have, but when questioned, it’s obvious that they haven’t found shit.
I have chosen the better portion. I hope you find half as much happiness in life as I have.
If it makes you feel better, than believer in the Spaghetti Monster if you want. Where I have a problem is when religion is the reason for so much killing in the world, or when parents want Creation taught in science class, which is fucking with kids' minds, or when idiots say that they have a god given right to a gun... then I have a big problem with religion.
The moral law is about what we ought to do, not what we do. But what we do does not negate the moral law.

Your problem is with men.

The moral law is about what we ought to do, not what we do. But what we do does not negate the moral law.
But everyone who leans on religion thinks they are right and following your moral law. Like I said before, who gets to decide? Because ALL believers think that their view is right, especially Christians in the US, and they are obviously simply stupid and nuts.

But everyone who leans on religion thinks they are right and following your moral law. Like I said before, who gets to decide? Because ALL believers think that their view is right, especially Christians in the US, and they are obviously simply stupid and nuts.
Outcomes decide. Normalization of deviance will always produce predictable surprises given enough time.

Men made your god, and every religion on earth. Your personal religious views are what you want them to be, not what may potentially actually be, because then you'd have to admit that you don't really know what happens when we die...

Outcomes decide. Normalization of deviance will always produce predictable surprises given enough time.
Is that your standard answer when you have nothing relevant?

Men made your god, and every religion on earth. Your personal religious views are what you want them to be, not what may potentially actually be, because then you'd have to admit that you don't really know what happens when we die...
No. God made existence because God is existence.

Don't be silly. Of course it is relevant. For any given thing there is a final state of fact. After all we do live in a deterministic universe, right? This means that error cannot stand it will eventually fail.

So, when you lower your standard of conduct and normalize your deviance from the previous standard, the reason why that standard existed in the first place will eventually make itself known to you.

Now do you understand?

So you don't really know what happens when we die. Got it.

Don't be silly. Of course it is relevant. For any given thing there is a final state of fact. After all we do live in a deterministic universe, right? This means that error cannot stand it will eventually fail.

So, when you lower your standard of conduct and normalize your deviance from the previous standard, the reason why that standard existed in the first place will eventually make itself known to you.

Now do you understand?
Give me an example.

Now do you understand?
Give me an example.
Challenger.

I don't care what happens to me when I die. It is the journey that matters.

Great question. One people usually aren't willing to explore. I see gods as social "memes" of a sort. A god is a construct representing a set of values, beliefs and goals shared by believers.
Great question. One people usually aren't willing to explore.
As shown by many of the responses so far.

So, assuming there is a god of some sort, what does that mean? By which I mean, "What does that mean to you in your life?"
Love God’s creation and God will love you.
Nature Is Not Supernatural

Tree-hugging nature-worship by misfits who know they don't belong is actually primitive and pagan.
Atheist Liberals hug trees.
what about atheist conservatives?
I never met one.

Now do you understand?
Give me an example.
Challenger.
wtf does that mean?

Now do you understand?
Give me an example.
Challenger.
wtf does that mean?
It means that the Challenger accident was a predictable surprise.

So you don't know. Got it. And good for you.

Is that what you think I said? Really?

How old are you?

Now do you understand?
Give me an example.
Challenger.
wtf does that mean?
It means that the Challenger accident was a predictable surprise.
So how did they "lower (their) standard of conduct and normalize (their) deviance from the previous standard"?

Is that what you think I said? Really?

How old are you?
Then answer the question properly, not like a child playing games.

Forum List

Back