Is there ever a time when an individual should not be allowed to surrender?

bornright

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Is there ever a time when an individual should not be allowed to surrender to police? Is it possible for a person to commit such a horrible crime? In a shootout and the individual runs out of ammo and that is the only reason he surrenders could that be a situation where the police don't stop shooting? I am just wanting to hear opinions.

Is there ever a time when an individual should not be allowed to surrender to police? Is it possible for a person to commit such a horrible crime? In a shootout and the individual runs out of ammo and that is the only reason he surrenders could that be a situation where the police don't stop shooting? I am just wanting to hear opinions.
I'm sure some criminals have been killed where they could have been apprehended. I suspect in many cases we would all probably be better off if the police killed instead of arrested the scum that they have to deal with

Many more are allowed to surrender than SHOULD be allowed, for a fact, but where do you draw the line? is it 1/2 second after the perp stops killing people? 5 seconds? 50 seconds? "In hot blood" can justify, before a jury, a shot or 2 fired, for up to 1 second, (perhaps) but mostly, shots in combat MISS, and most hits are not fatal, either, especially with handguns and especially with emergency services just a VERY few minutes away (as they always are, nearly, when cops are involved) So the pos's survive their depradations, entirely too often.

if there was ever a situation it would be the woman who killed her two children and put them in the freezer. the cops should have just put one in her head and been done with it. what is the cost of one bullet? But now instead she's going to be the next orange is new black ruler of herself because she's a beast and scary as hell.

Many more are allowed to surrender than SHOULD be allowed, for a fact, but where do you draw the line? is it 1/2 second after the perp stops killing people? 5 seconds? 50 seconds? "In hot blood" can justify, before a jury, a shot or 2 fired, for up to 1 second, (perhaps) but mostly, shots in combat MISS, and most hits are not fatal, either, especially with handguns and especially with emergency services just a VERY few minutes away (as they always are, nearly, when cops are involved)
this reminds me of a world war 2 scene in a movie where the Germans come out with your hands up and the soldiers just shoot them anyways

Should Lanza have been taken alive?

Terry Nichols? McVeigh?

Dahmer?

James Holmes, the Dark Knight shooter?

Should Lanza have been taken alive?

Terry Nichols? McVeigh?

Dahmer?

James Holmes, the Dark Knight shooter?
I hate it that the death penalty cost more than life in prison. the death penalty should only be used when it is absolutely obvious the person did it and if the act was heinous. for example walking in and killing a man banging your wife would not get the death penalty because it was an act of rage. it wasn't like the guy was a serial killer or rapist. in the case of Jeffrey Dahmer it should have been very quick to put him to death. I like what they did with Ariel Castro the guy who imprisoned three women or girls for 10 years. I hope the guards helped him hang himself

The ones I named, and you can add Castro, should have received a ride out of town, a bullet in the back of the head, and an unmarked grave.

Yes, and they are too numerous to list in the short time I have available.

mcveigh and nichols, yes, cause it was not obvious (AT All) who was guilty. but when a punk is captured on the scene and dozens there swear that they SAW him do it and he's so equipped/obvious, why not just do him on the spot?

The answer is no.

No? So you're willing to spend Millions of taxpayer dollars to arrest, try, convict and incarcerate an individual who could have been dealt with by a fifteen cent bullet? That's a massive waste in my mind.

Odd that second amendment addicts are so often ready to dispense with other 'rights'.

Forum List

Back