Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

But when you said that which does not kill you is a cruel way to learn I couldn’t help but wonder why you would say that.

The reality is that we do learn more from our failures than our successes not only about the world around us but ourselves.

Lessons learned, experiences experienced are neither cruel or kind, they just are.
We alI know many people who die young from disease, accidents, war, etc. They learned nothing of course, but what about those that loved them? What did they learn, aside from the capricious nature of this world?

So why is your ideal of heaven or your goal a place of pleasure without pain?

What good would life be without ups and downs?
I'd be fine in a world without war, disease, and ethnic, religious, or racial hatred. If you want those things in your world, you're welcome to them.
Do you know the only way that you can get to a world without those things?
I don't believe there is another world, I've never seen any evidence for it. I want these things fixed in this world where my family live.

God is God only until you conform to the instruction of the law that fulfills the promise of life in the presence and sanctuary of God.

If you do it as Jesus did, you will see God face to face and realize he is more like a loving Father intimately involved in your life than a sanctimonious prick that you never met hidden away in some distant ivory tower that you've never been to .
Tragically I was born without faith, just plenty of skepticism.

Me too. I'm pretty certain thats a good thing.

I wonder how some people are going to feel when they find out that while they were busy diligently and faithfully condemning other people for doing things that were never sinful to God, they didn't win any brownie points, they just missed out on a lot of living.

While they were busy telling everyone else they were going to hell in a bucket, they were pissing their time and life away in it.

If you want to find out if Jesus was right, just follow his instructions and do a systemwide sweep of your mind to remove all junk files, malware, infantile resentments, false assumptions and delusions of grandeur.

When your mind is restored to factory specifications, then we'll talk...

Try it, you'll like it.
I think I'll just get drunk. Faster, easier, and just as effective.

You sound like a christian, always looking for an easy way out...lol :wine:

I will tell you something. It doesn't exist.

However, if you don't expect much from your self or from life, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
God is God only until you conform to the instruction of the law that fulfills the promise of life in the presence and sanctuary of God.

If you do it as Jesus did, you will see God face to face and realize he is more like a loving Father intimately involved in your life than a sanctimonious prick that you never met hidden away in some distant ivory tower that you've never been to .

I wonder how some people are going to feel when they find out that while they were busy diligently and faithfully condemning other people for doing things that were never sinful to God, they didn't win any brownie points, they just missed out on a lot of living.

While they were busy telling everyone else they were going to hell in a bucket, they were pissing their time and life away in it.

If you want to find out if Jesus was right, just follow his instructions and do a systemwide sweep of your mind to remove all junk files, malware, infantile resentments, false assumptions and delusions of grandeur.

Try it, you'll like it.
You are literally describing yourself.

Pay attention. I never said that you were going to hell or everyone else is going to hell.

I am pointing out that you are already in it. You are an idolator.

If scripture is truth then thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Feel free to spin it anyway you want. You are worse than a Muslim extremist when it comes to tolerance of other religions.

So whether you tell someone else that they are going to hell or they are already in hell for no other reason than what they believe, it’s still the same thing. Intolerance.

lol.... I certainly do tell you that you are already in hell as a direct result of your words and deeds and show you scriptural basis for me saying that, not to mention the things that come out of your addled mind that confirm it..

Thats not intolerance, its reading comprehension. Its not my judgment, even though I am in agreement with it,

Its the word of God, what your own holy book teaches.

Last edited:

Try it, you'll like it.

Pay attention. I never said that you were going to hell or everyone else is going to hell.

Feel free to spin it anyway you want. You are worse than a Muslim extremist when it comes to tolerance of other religions.

So whether you tell someone else that they are going to hell or they are already in hell for no other reason than what they believe, it’s still the same thing. Intolerance.

lol.... I certainly do tell you that you are already in hell as a direct result of your words and deeds and show you scriptural basis for me saying that, not to mention the things that come out of your addled mind that confirm it..

Thats not intolerance, its reading comprehension. Its not my judgment, even though I am in agreement with it,

God didn't write the bible, so don't put words in god's mouth. You bunch of simpletons.

Try it, you'll like it.

God didn't write the bible, so don't put words in god's mouth. You bunch of simpletons.
I said its what the book teaches..... moron. If you don't believe me, just read it.

I said its what the book teaches..... moron.
You believe that book, man up.

Ya,.

I read the book, learned about heaven. was warned about hell, talking serpents and such, hear what people like ding or you say, see the teaching of scripture conform to and confirmed by reality, and so I believe.

Ya,.

I read the book, learned about heaven. was warned about hell, talking serpents and such, hear what people like ding or you say, see the teaching of scripture conform to and confirmed by reality, and so I believe.
Sucker. :biggrin:

Now I know that you and ding are talking to each other, but haven't you noticed that the things he says about he is not living on the same planet ?
He seems to be a genuine person of faith. Such people see the world through the lens of that faith. We all share the same planet, we just don't share the same lens.

Now I know that you and ding are talking to each other, but haven't you noticed that the things he says about he is not living on the same planet ?
He seems to be a genuine person of faith. Such people see the world through the lens of that faith. We all share the same planet, we just don't share the same lens.

Yes, the same planet but through a different lens,.

The chasm between the two perceptions is as great as the gulf between the living and the dead, as stark as the difference between light and darkness, as far as the distance between heaven and hell, and as impenetrable and absurd as the wall that separates republican from democrat..

Might as well be living on separate planets from different solar systems.

Science has not discovered a way to communicate with creatures from different spheres of intelligent life across billions of lights years of separation in real time. Only in retrospect. It has to do with the curvature of space and the relativity of time or something.

Its a shame. Sometimes entire worlds are destroyed leaving no survivors simply because the inhabitants weren't paying attention to the writing on the wall, warnings, from a higher sphere of otherworldly intelligences....

Last edited:
Science has not discovered a way to communicate with creatures from different spheres of intelligent life across billions of lights years of separation in real time. Only in retrospect. It has to do with the curvature of space and the relativity of time or something.

Its a shame. Sometimes entire worlds are destroyed leaving no survivors simply because the inhabitants weren't paying attention to the writing on the wall, warnings, from a higher sphere of otherworldly intelligences....
Or not.

But when you said that which does not kill you is a cruel way to learn I couldn’t help but wonder why you would say that.

The reality is that we do learn more from our failures than our successes not only about the world around us but ourselves.

Lessons learned, experiences experienced are neither cruel or kind, they just are.
We alI know many people who die young from disease, accidents, war, etc. They learned nothing of course, but what about those that loved them? What did they learn, aside from the capricious nature of this world?
They probably learned more than you think. Often times we take things for granted until we lose it. Maybe they learned not to take things for granted. Or maybe they learned that wars are senseless. Or maybe they learned that their loved ones did not die in vain.

So why is your ideal of heaven or your goal a place of pleasure without pain?

What good would life be without ups and downs?
I'd be fine in a world without war, disease, and ethnic, religious, or racial hatred. If you want those things in your world, you're welcome to them.
Do you know the only way that you can get to a world without those things?
I don't believe there is another world, I've never seen any evidence for it. I want these things fixed in this world where my family live.
I was actually talking about this world as in how do you change this world.

It’s pretty simple really. We have to experience things as they are. So the only way to get to a world without wars or hunger or disease is to experience wars, hunger and disease.

Try it, you'll like it.

It absolutely is intolerance. Religious intolerance to be specific. You believe I am in hell for no other reason than my religious beliefs are different than yours. There is no way around this. It is a simple fact.

I on the other hand judge no one for their religious beliefs. I have a very simple belief. God loves men and women of good will. Not perfect men and women. But just plain old ordinary good will. We are allowed to make mistakes. Progressing means to acknowledge our mistakes, learn from our mistakes and be sorry for our mistakes.

Try it, you'll like it.
I think I'll just get drunk. Faster, easier, and just as effective.

You sound like a christian, always looking for an easy way out...lol :wine:

I will tell you something. It doesn't exist.

However, if you don't expect much from your self or from life, you won't be disappointed.
The Christians I know aren’t looking for an easy way out. Being meek is hard work.

The easy way is to spew hatred. The hard way is to hear the hatred directed towards you and not respond with hatred.

Honest men can have honest differences of opinion without having to act like jerks or be fearful of expressing their beliefs. Growth filled communities should explore all sides of an issue to arrive at objective truth.

It’s pretty simple really. We have to experience things as they are. So the only way to get to a world without wars or hunger or disease is to experience wars, hunger and disease.
There was a great line from the Vietnam war: We had to destroy the village to save from the Viet Cong (or something like that).

There was a great line from the Vietnam war: We had to destroy the village to save from the Viet Cong (or something like that).
I’m not one to rationalize a wrong as a right so I hope that isn’t what you think I am telling you.

Try it, you'll like it.

It absolutely is intolerance. Religious intolerance to be specific. You believe I am in hell for no other reason than my religious beliefs are different than yours. There is no way around this. It is a simple fact.

Oh please! I already explained this to you. You can't turn it around and make like I am intolerant because you have different beliefs. Thats dishonest. If you want to be an idolator expecting eternal life and thinking you've got it made, go for it. Go to church. I couldn't care less. If you want to run your bullshit here, you have to deal with me.

The bible is a book with words in it. It was in existence long before I was born. That book, what you call the word of God, teaches that to worship the lifeless work of human hands is sin, an idolatrous abomination under the eternal condemnation of God. That book teaches that you die in the very day that you do it. Thats not a matter of my belief vs your belief. Thats what is actually written whatever you or I believe or don't believe. Read it and then accept what it says. or not. A person doesn't even have to believe in God to look it up and see what the truth is. WTF.

You openly admit to worshipping the lifeless work of human hands and eating it for spiritual life. I am not accusing you of anything or condemning you for anything. You admit to being an idolator, you even brag about your dedication to that practice. The consequences for sin are well known. I shouldn't even have to mention it.

If scripture is true you died in the very day you first did it. You wouldn't be oblivious to the obvious unless you were dead. Thats not me being intolerant. Thats me doing you a favor.

You have been dead for decades, according to the Word of God.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles objectively.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back