Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

You have been dead for decades, according to the Word of God.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles objectively.
Yeah? Quote the word, objectively, please.

Sure,,, its a matter of truth as objective as math, A+B = C. not debatable.

Idolatry is a sin under penalty of death + ding openly practices idolatry = ding dong is dead...... If scripture is the truth as he professes to believe.

So, as someone pointed out, slavery is moral, right?
To which scripture are you referring?
Let's spin this one regarding chattel slavery as morally approved by god:

Leviticus
Chapter 25

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.

45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.

46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

Thanks for the information.

I generally believe that the bible is the inspired word of God, but I'm not convinced that all of it is, based on scriptures such as this. Jesus' commandments to "do unto others" would certainly seem to contradict the scripture that you provided.

Perhaps another here can expand on this scripture and provide some context, in the event that I'm not understanding this.

How about you? Have you sinned? Are you dead too?
Have I sinned? Of course. How else would I know what it's like to be dead? Am I a sinner now? Of course not. I am risen. Can't you tell the difference between the living and the dead?

I never practice idolatry, I never lie in the name of God, I never teach others to set aside the law of God, I never eat the unclean flesh of stupid people, etc...

I always do exactly as God commands and so I will never know what it is to die.

Have I sinned? Of course. How else would I know what it's like to be dead? Am I a sinner now? Of course not. Can't you tell the difference between the living and the dead?

I never practice idolatry, I never lie in the name of God, I never teach others to set aside the law of God, I never eat the unclean flesh of stupid people, etc...

You seem rather judgmental and sanctimonious.

Have I sinned? Of course. How else would I know what it's like to be dead? Am I a sinner now? Of course not. Can't you tell the difference between the living and the dead?

You seem rather judgmental and sanctimonious.
Yeah, Shhh. I'm just paying back sanctimonious and judgmental pricks in their own coin. Its a gas.

Can't you tell the difference between the living and the dead?
I find it very difficult to tell the difference, objectively, between those who believe in fairies and those who do not.

Are you of the view that it's not possible that there is a higher intellect somewhere out there that created us?

I generally believe that the bible is the inspired word of God, but I'm not convinced that all of it is, based on scriptures such as this. Jesus' commandments to "do unto others" would certainly seem to contradict the scripture that you provided.
Perhaps he was rebelling against his father, YHWH.

Perhaps he was rebelling against his father, YHWH.

Maybe, Jesus always did come off as a hippie. ;)

Maybe, Jesus always did come off as a hippie.
So which is the actual word of god? Bit of a pickle really, isn't it?

Tell you what: do what the other believers do, pick the bits you like and ignore the rest. After all, it'll be the word of god.

Yes

It's called non hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy anger is pre wired into to all humans to get angry. Over hypocrisy

The democrats will get this universal
Pain

s

Maybe, Jesus always did come off as a hippie.
So which is the actual word of god? Bit of a pickle really, isn't it?

Tell you what: do what the other believers do, pick the bits you like and ignore the rest. After all, it'll be the word of god.

Yes, it's a bit of a pickle, at least for those that believe that the bible is the 100% inspired word of God. Is it possible that some of the bible was inspired by God but not all of it?

Anyway, my belief in a creator has nothing to do with the bible. For a multitude of reasons, I believe that we have a creator and that there is life after death.

Forum List

Back