Is This Racist?

Is This Racist

• Total voters
kkk2n-1-web.jpg

KKK Billboard Causes Stir - Ozarksfirst
Of course its racist. The KKK is behind it dummy.

The first principle in Kwanzaa emphasizes unity of race.
That can be taken both ways, good or bad to have unity by race,
but it is still "race based"
Unity of race is not racist.

Okay so is this billboard calling for unity of race?
No its calling for white pride. What exactly do whites have to be proud of that has to do with being white other than killing other people and stealing their land?

What's wrong with that?

Is this OK?

Attachments

• bp1.png
    bp1.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 65
The funny thing is, no-one's explained how the sign imparts a racist message.
White pride is, in itself, a racist construct - the very idea of being prideful because you are whit is to the exclusion of being any other race.

You can claim the words themselves are not racist but that would be dishonest in their actual usage. I have never heard anyone anywhere seriously utter the words white or black pride without them being bigots and racists. The very idea of pride in your race seems to only emanate from those that see other races as less than their own. Otherwise, why would you have pride in your race? What is there to be prideful about being a specific color? Come up with a reason for the billboard that is NOT racist. I am certainly at a loss for a single reason to be prideful of being white that is not based squarely on the idea that my particular race is somehow superior.

Aciples is a clear and perfect example right here in this thread. He is spouting racists bullshit all over the place and what do you hear right afterward: he is proud of being black.
Of course I'm proud of being Black. I am a member of a group that has been discriminated against and faced the worst racism you can find in the history of the planet. Inspite of all that I am still moving/progressing and I owe that to my genes.
Because they are superior and whites certainly do not have any cause to be proud as whites are not nearly as resilient as blacks or have any reason to be proud blah blah blah.

As I said - racist. I do not care what your internal reasoning is or how you rationalize your racism - that is irrelevant to me. The fact is that you are proving my point that I was making to swagger and colorado.

White pride is, in itself, a racist construct - the very idea of being prideful because you are whit is to the exclusion of being any other race.

You can claim the words themselves are not racist but that would be dishonest in their actual usage. I have never heard anyone anywhere seriously utter the words white or black pride without them being bigots and racists. The very idea of pride in your race seems to only emanate from those that see other races as less than their own. Otherwise, why would you have pride in your race? What is there to be prideful about being a specific color? Come up with a reason for the billboard that is NOT racist. I am certainly at a loss for a single reason to be prideful of being white that is not based squarely on the idea that my particular race is somehow superior.

Aciples is a clear and perfect example right here in this thread. He is spouting racists bullshit all over the place and what do you hear right afterward: he is proud of being black.
Of course I'm proud of being Black. I am a member of a group that has been discriminated against and faced the worst racism you can find in the history of the planet. Inspite of all that I am still moving/progressing and I owe that to my genes.

You owe it to affirmative action.,

Then what's wrong with being proud of being white? If you can be proud of being black, I can be proud of being white.

It's code for: you should hate black people.

No, it's a sign written in plain English calling for White pride. There's no secret "code".

Oh, the code isn't secret. The words "white pride" may literally mean proud of the white race, but what it really means is other races are inferior to the white race. You can pretend that isn't it's meaning, but...
Its not secrete code - it is plain English and is still racist.

I think your standards are too strict. I see nothing wrong in feeling pride in your race as long as you don't believe that other races are inferior. I feel proud of my heritage without perceiving others' heritages as inferior to mine. I think its weird to feel racial pride, but not inherently racist.

Because they are superior and whites certainly do not have any cause to be proud as whites are not nearly as resilient as blacks or have any reason to be proud blah blah blah.

As I said - racist. I do not care what your internal reasoning is or how you rationalize your racism - that is irrelevant to me. The fact is that you are proving my point that I was making to swagger and colorado.
i never asked you to care. I was just informing you. What you care about is irrelevant to me.

No, it's a sign written in plain English calling for White pride. There's no secret "code".

Oh, the code isn't secret. The words "white pride" may literally mean proud of the white race, but what it really means is other races are inferior to the white race. You can pretend that isn't it's meaning, but...

I think your standards are too strict. I see nothing wrong in feeling pride in your race as long as you Long as you don't believe that other races are inferior. I feel proud of my heritage without perceiving others' heritages as inferior to mine. I think its weird to feel racial pride, but not inherently racist.
His standards are his alone to deal with. I have no problem with people having racial pride. I am just asking what do whites have to be proud of due to being white. No one can seem to give me an answer on that.

I think your standards are too strict. I see nothing wrong in feeling pride in your race as long as you don't believe that other races are inferior. I feel proud of my heritage without perceiving others' heritages as inferior to mine. I think its weird to feel racial pride, but not inherently racist.
Really. You do not see your heritage as superior at all? then where does that 'pride' come in? What are you proud of?

Then what's wrong with being proud of being white? If you can be proud of being black, I can be proud of being white.

I agree that pride by race goes both ways.

As for successes, it's usually because people forgive their setbacks
and focus on what they can and have done well, and keep pushing to better themselves.
Last I checked this was independent of race, and if you are depending on "Affirmative Action" for it, good luck.

The people I know most successful do not use race as either a reason, crutch, pro or con.
It is a factor like anything else that influences what we do personally or culturally.
And like anything else, can have good and bad sides to it, so what.

Cannot wait for people to get past this stage of nitpicking over race, religion or political party.
Those are all factors that influence how we express our thoughts and actions,
but as for the SPIRIT of how we do things and treat each other
there is either good will for all, or ill will towards some people or group.

So that ill will and unforgiveness behind projected blame
is what causes problems regardless of race, religion or political label.

It is a spiritual process first, underneath it all,
and then it verbalizes and manifests in terms of relations between "race, religion or party."

But it comes from inside each person, independent of affiliation, before it becomes collective
associated with one group or another, depending on our own viewpoint and where we are coming from equally.

Mutual projection until we learn to resolve the mutual problems getting blamed back and forth in an endless cycle.

I agree that pride by race goes both ways.

As for successes, it's usually because people forgive their setbacks
and focus on what they can and have done well, and keep pushing to better themselves.
Last I checked this was independent of race, and if you are depending on "Affirmative Action" for it, good luck.

The people I know most successful do not use race as either a reason, crutch, pro or con.
It is a factor like anything else that influences what we do personally or culturally.
And like anything else, can have good and bad sides to it, so what.

Cannot wait for people to get past this stage of nitpicking over race, religion or political party.
Those are all factors that influence how we express our thoughts and actions,
but as for the SPIRIT of how we do things and treat each other
there is either good will for all, or ill will towards some people or group.

So that ill will and unforgiveness behind projected blame
is what causes problems regardless of race, religion or political label.

It is a spiritual process first, underneath it all,
and then it verbalizes and manifests in terms of relations between "race, religion or party."

But it comes from inside each person, independent of affiliation, before it becomes collective
associated with one group or another, depending on our own viewpoint and where we are coming from equally.

Mutual projection until we learn to resolve the mutual problems getting blamed back and forth in an endless cycle.

My problem with the affirmative action concept is that the people who support it say using race not to hire is wrong yet when the same things is used to hire, they see nothing wrong with it. If using race is wrong, it's wrong in both cases.

I think your standards are too strict. I see nothing wrong in feeling pride in your race as long as you Long as you don't believe that other races are inferior. I feel proud of my heritage without perceiving others' heritages as inferior to mine. I think its weird to feel racial pride, but not inherently racist.
His standards are his alone to deal with. I have no problem with people having racial pride. I am just asking what do whites have to be proud of due to being white. No one can seem to give me an answer on that.
most modern science was discovered by whites. The most powerful and wealthy nation on the planet was founded by whites. Einstein, Newton Hawking - all white all advanced our understanding of the universe more than anyone else in their time.

I can come up with dozens of examples. none of it has a whit to do with race though - race was just a coincidence in what they accomplished.

My problem with the affirmative action concept is that the people who support it say using race not to hire is wrong yet when the same things is used to hire, they see nothing wrong with it. If using race is wrong, it's wrong in both cases.
And we are back to the socially acceptable double standard that exists today.

I gave you examples.
if you can say Dr. King, Tutu and Mandela are Black leaders to be proud of
you can say that Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln are White leaders to be proud of.

The Natural laws that were written down and established in writing by the Constitutional founders
could be credited to the White Americans of European descendants if you want to identify them by race.

These laws came from God, from Nature, not White men
and as you pointed out, some of the criticial govt ideas were influenced by Native Americans
who had tribal structures.

But if you are going to identify the Founding Fathers as White,
you can give as much credit for the good side as you can blame them for the genocide and bad side of
setting up America as it was back then to grow to a better place where equal justice could later be realized.

It looks to me like it takes equal contribution of ALL people from ALL races, nations, religions and ethnic cultures
to put the best ideas together for society to mature to its maximum ideal state.

I don't see any need to demonize one group or another which doesn't help but just distracts with division and ill will.

most modern science was discovered by whites. The most powerful and wealthy nation on the planet was founded by whites. Einstein, Newton Hawking - all white all advanced our understanding of the universe more than anyone else in their time.

I can come up with dozens of examples. none of it has a whit to do with race though - race was just a coincidence in what they accomplished.

I would say that the "linear" culture of the "Eurocentric" lineage
helps to document progress in recorded history.

This culture is criticized for being TOO patriarchal and TOO rigid,
and not taking into account the more "holistic" contributions by all other people and groups.

But for science, history and business, this "linear" type model
lends structure that has allowed people to document and learn from history,
even though the biases are criticized as flawed. At least we have something
we CAN use to establish a consensus, using all other knowledge from all nations
cultures and groups we can include in this system of documenting collective human history.

Our legal system is a huge mess and is not equal at all,
but as pointed out, it is still a stable structure by which we can introduce reforms to perfect it into more developed forms
and process, such as by emphasizing conflict resolution, mediation and consensus which would ensure diversity
is included and not censored by majority rule or political force.

I'm not Liberal so I don't accept it.

T

It's just part of the Liberal Double Standard that Jonah Goldeberg so effectively described:

The Year in liberal double standards New York Post

lol. Nor do I but that was not what I was saying. It is socially acceptable right now even if that acceptance is something you or I would consider wrong. Unfortunately it does not seem that will change anytime soon either.

lol. Nor do I but that was not what I was saying. It is socially acceptable right now even if that acceptance is something you or I would consider wrong. Unfortunately it does not seem that will change anytime soon either.

As long as the blame whitey crowd can convince legislators that those never having owned a slave owe something to those that never were slaves, it won't change.

Those benefitting from affirmative action will say they only want to be judged by their qualifications yet are willing to accept race as being one of those qualifications when the ones they have don't cut it.

Is this the place where I can pretend that one group is like another? Great!

PETA are Nazis...Am I doing it right? Sure PETA never killed anyone but I love false equivalent arguments

As long as the blame whitey crowd can convince legislators that those never having owned a slave owe something to those that never were slaves, it won't change.

Those benefitting from affirmative action will say they only want to be judged by their qualifications yet are willing to accept race as being one of those qualifications when the ones they have don't cut it.

Now Conservative65
To be perfectly fair
it is true that because of slavery laws, where many slaves did not own property not even their own bodies which were by law the legal property of others,
whole generations are left 150 years behind on the learning curve.

Where not only do they have no understanding or experience with ownership
but inherited RESENTMENT of laws and property as if this is "white man's culture"

So this very thing they are so against
is enslaving them as victims.

(And yes, there WERE black owners of black slaves in comparable % but not comparable #, and WERE free blacks and free slaves who did get away from this victim mentality.

But that doesn't speak for the blacks who ARE caught in the cycle of lack of economic education and experience, whether you want to blame whoever for that. It is a factor in the Black community that feeds the crime and incarceration cycles, the self-hated and rebellion and blame. Until the wounds and genocidal scourge of slavery are fully healed, it IS carried in the conscience and DOES have repercussion on future generations. This is something inherited from slavery, from genocidal raping and wiping out the lineage and connection of people to their families and heritage so we have whole generations carrying that anger and expressing it in destructive ways as a result.)

I would not blame a rape victim for going through stages of "not trusting
men" or wanting to be around them because it triggers this emotional response.
It can take a lifetime to heal of that, and the process isn't helped by blaming the victim.

With whole groups, it takes SEVERAL generations to heal of this genocide.
Look at Native Americans with drinking and gambling problems.
How much of that was already there, and how much was from the oppression and loss of land and culture carried down, who knows? Only God knows where this ill will came from.

But the common factor to healing is FORGIVENESS which is a mutual process.

Just pushing blame back and forth
is like tossing the garbage back and forth over the same fence
where neither neighbor is actually getting rid of the problem.

We keep dumping it back in the other neighbor's yard
thinking it's their responsibility to clean it up. And they do the same.
And the garbage goes back and forth without fixing anything!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back