Is this the end of the time changing?

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
As I understand it the house has passed a bill to keep daylight time year round but the senate has not yet voted on it., Anyone have a later update? The twice yearly time change accomplishes nothing and should be ended.

As I understand it the house has passed a bill to keep daylight time year round but the senate has not yet voted on it., Anyone have a later update? The twice yearly time change accomplishes nothing and should be ended.
i have to agree....

I disagree. School kids walking to school in the dark is a bad idea.

They already tried this and then changed it back. Just sayin'. Besides, I liked to get a round of golf (9) in after work in the summer.

I disagree. School kids walking to school in the dark is a bad idea.

They already tried this and then changed it back. Just sayin'. Besides, I liked to get a round of golf (9) in after work in the summer.
leave it one way or the other but going back and forth doesnt accomplish anything....

As I understand it the house has passed a bill to keep daylight time year round
No they haven't.

In fact, you have it backwards. The Senate passed a "sunshine protection act" last year unanimously, but it died in the House.

Marco Rubio has re-introduced the bill this year in the Senate, but it has gone nowhere.

So is daylight saving time becoming permanent or ending permanently any time soon? Not necessarily, as the Sunshine Protection Act still requires approval by the House and President Joe Biden. That didn’t occur with the 2022 version of the bill. But in March 2023, Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, reintroduced it to the Senate , with a similar bill also introduced in the House.

Either bill would bring major shifts in our clocks, daylight exposure, and sleep if it were to become law.

Forum List

Back