Is This What They Mean By Police Reform?

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Charles Ryan’s wife told Tempe police that he’d knocked back “half a large bottle of tequila” the evening officers were called to their home. There’d been a gunshot in the bathroom. It wasn’t long before Tempe police responded with a SWAT team, negotiators and a robot. The Arizona Republic’s Jimmy Jenkins described what happened after that, and how the incident seems to send an awful message to minority communities about white privilege.

According to the police report, “Police attempted to make contact with Charles, who refused to leave the residence, until he pointed the firearm at police, the officers justifiably feared for their safety. In many previous instances in many other departments, officers in that position justifiably shot the suspect. That didn’t happen with Ryan."

So the guy was drunk, possibly suicidal or having some type of a mental health crisis...police were called and they treated the man as if his life had value and was worth saving...even tho the police themselves said they feared for their safety when the guy aimed his gun at them more than once...yet, they didn't kill him...and as far as I know, he still hasn't been charged with anything....Should this had been handled differently?? Should he had been shot on site as soon as he pointed the gun at them? Or did they show empathy and treat this guy as mental health crisis situation? I do know there is a family of a young man named Daniel Shaver who wishes their son received that type of compassion and empathy...and he didn't even aim a gun at anyone....

780d2ac028d0fce48eea2bfcf4710c34--hotel-hallway-white-people.jpg

Corrections director which is why the Police did not open fire because he was part of Law Enforcement on the Corrections side of it…

So did the Police take this into account?

Yes, and before you ask how would they know who he is, well when they run the person name and address it will notify them if he is part of Law Enforcement.

He got special privilege because of his job and not his skin color.

Now personally they should have shot him in the knee and beat his ass but that is my personal opinion…

Daniel Shaver was white

I am anti police brutality...

I get the feeling you are all for police brutality as long as the "right ones" are being brutalized
Right ones?

Mean someone like you?

Sure…

I have been beaten by the Police and had a gun put to my head, so let me be clear sometimes your skin color doesn’t buy you shit but again someone like you being a statistic wouldn’t bother me one bet and I know damn well it wouldn’t bother you if I was also a statistic, so don’t bitch!

Why are you so itchy to shoot honkies, Biff? The fuzz were able to deescalate this situation and you are pushing for the suspect to be summarily executed because of his race.

That might work in ultraliberal jurisdictions like San Francisco where they through a virtual parade for the Illegal Alien who whacked Kate Steinle. But it doesn't in most of America, where all lives matter.

People point guns at others and cops all of the time. When police show up and if they don't comply sometimes the cops shoot them others time they don't. No reason the bring this guys color into the equation. Looks like another oped from a lefty at AZCentral.

Right ones?

Mean someone like you?

Sure…

I have been beaten by the Police and had a gun put to my head, so let me be clear sometimes your skin color doesn’t buy you shit but again someone like you being a statistic wouldn’t bother me one bet and I know damn well it wouldn’t bother you if I was also a statistic, so don’t bitch!
You're projecting. And nuts.

Forum List

Back