Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
I used to think Joe Montana was the greatest ever, but I'm wondering if Tom Brady is the best.

What do you think?
So are you really Judy Woodruff on The PBS News Hour?

She talked about this tonight in her interview with Paul Ryan!

I'm sure everyone already knows how I voted . . . YES!

ba16b2248f1fd0beb3814ec45184e6a1.jpg
And what about YOU ???

Are YOU Judy Woodruff ???

See Edelman's catch at about 1 min 15 sec. That was NOT luck. That was all skill. He went after that ball and he got it.

Edelman described it as 70% luck. ;)

Cuz he's humble. If you watched it, you can see that is not luck.

He had concentration and luck, it hit off the first defender to the right spot, the ball isn't kicked out by a defender. It is luck, it's the way the ball bounces. Great catch, still luck is involved.

You make your own luck. Omg I'm agreeing with chrisl.

See Edelman's catch at about 1 min 15 sec. That was NOT luck. That was all skill. He went after that ball and he got it.

He had concentration and luck, it hit off the first defender to the right spot, the ball isn't kicked out by a defender. It is luck, it's the way the ball bounces. Great catch, still luck is involved.

Perhaps if you agreed with me more often, you would be right more often.

That's not luck. He went after that ball, and his persistence paid off. Luck is when a ball bounces of your leg or head and lands in your hands!

That's not luck. He went after that ball, and his persistence paid off. Luck is when a ball bounces of your leg or head and lands in your hands!

Or when a defender knocks a ball into the air, then goes to the ground and gets his leg between the ball and the ground, giving you time to make the catch...... ;)

It reminded me of the catch at the end of the NE/Seattle game where the Seattle receiver was laying on the ground and the ball bounced off his hands, then off his foot and finally onto his chest for a 30 yard completion

It set up the historic interception by Butler two plays later (note that it was butler who defended on this play)

Last edited:

I said earlier that you create your own luck, but there is still luck involved. You put yourself in position to have luck.

It originally bounced of a defender and he was lucky that the defenders legs didn't kick the ball. Concentration yes, but also luck, it is the breaks of the game. Same as the lucky Giants play, things happen and you need to put yourself in place to receive the luck.

It originally bounced of a defender and he was lucky that the defenders legs didn't kick the ball. Concentration yes, but also luck, it is the breaks of the game. Same as the lucky Giants play, things happen and you need to put yourself in place to receive the luck.

Speaking of the Giants why is it eli Manning has Tom Brady's number?

And Payton never beat Tom did he? That's a strange dynamic. Eli must be proud

It reminded me of the catch at the end of the NE/Seattle game where the Seattle receiver was laying on the ground and the ball bounced off his hands, then off his foot and finally onto his chest for a 30 yard completion

It set up the historic interception by Butler two plays later (note that it was butler who defended on this play)

Definite similarities between the catches, although I think Kearse got more luck on his than Edelman. With Kearse, the ball actually fell on him while he was laying on the ground, whereas Edelman went down after the ball in his catch. Both were a combination of luck, skill, and concentration, though.

Brady was 11-8 against Manning. Manning won their last meeting, sending Manning and the Broncos to Super Bowl 50.

Definite similarities between the catches, although I think Kearse got more luck on his than Edelman. With Kearse, the ball actually fell on him while he was laying on the ground, whereas Edelman went down after the ball in his catch. Both were a combination of luck, skill, and concentration, though.

I agree with that, Edelman is a great receiver.

I don't think Tyree's catch was luck
He had two hands on the ball and Harrison pulled one away. The only reaction anyone would have would be to trap the ball against your body. In this case, his head was the only thing available

What was amazing was his ability to maintain control as he was brought to the ground

I don't think Tyree's catch was luck
He had two hands on the ball and Harrison pulled one away. The only reaction anyone would have would be to trap the ball against your body. In this case, his head was the only thing available

What was amazing was his ability to maintain control as he was brought to the ground

An obvious case of "helmet stick-um"...someone alert Roger Goodell! A RULE has been broken!!!

Actually, he doesn't Eli wears number 10 while Brady wears number 12

In reality, Eli did not beat Brady, he beat the Patriot Defense that allowed him two lengthy TD drives

In both games, Brady had led his team to a go ahead TD right before Eli made his drives

Forum List

Back