Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
Want a piece of Tom Brady? Brockton shop makes it possible

AR-170219556.jpg

Nothing about spygate.......................Thus is not a complete or accurate anaysis.
Don't meltdown trollboy, its ok, this is all entertainment for me. I am not the one that got back on the board dishonestly, you did.
I am having a ball with you. Do you suggest that Brady's cheating, lying, destruction of evidence and suspension should be separate and apart from his accomplishments?

You are bringing me all sorts of laughs. His accomplishments are one issue and his cover up are another. The league had never fined more than $25000 for tampering with equipment and has more often than not ignored the tampering. There was visual proof of tampering going on earlier in the season with other teams and the league ignored it. So I don't see it as a big deal, the league has only treated it as a big deal in one occasion and has not before or since. The idea that it gave the Pats a big advantage is ridiculous. Technically any pass interference, holding, roughing the passer, face mask and on and on is cheating.
So you are rationalizing the cheating, lying, destruction of evidence that lead to his suspension. He agreed with that but you will not.

Didn't rationalize anything. If you are going to punish one, punish all, punish fairly, pretty easy to understand. Brady agreed with nothing, he didn't find it worth pursuing. He pled no contest, he never admitted to cheating, he just became the bigger man and let it go.

Brady got his revenge and Goodell presented the trophy to Bellichick and Kraft, amidst boos and Brady walked off while Goodell spoke.

Whether you like it or not, disapprove of it or not, agree with it or not, the fact is Brady will go down as one of the greatest football players of all time, nothing you say do or cry about will change the fact that most people will put him in the top 10.

If you want to stop cheating, I am good with it stop it but don't play games about what is and isn't cheating and if you get caught and don't get caught. If it is a 25000 fine or a four game suspension, so be it but be fair and equal.
No one other than Brady has his record of cheating, lying, destroying evidence and suspension and it is being dismissed by you folks when Brady himself agreed to the tribunal, method of investigation, burden of proof and penalty. Yes, there is a great deal of rationalization going on in this thread.

I cannot imagine anyone in this thread calling their co-worker a Hall of Famer or the greatest in their field if they committed the same acts as Brady. So why does Brady get a pass?

Makes no sense whatsoever.

You are so full of crap! I love how a dishonest asshole such as yourself can decide if a person doesn't agree with your bullshit 100% then they are wrong. Especially after the shit you have pulled on this board.

Brady is fine, many will consider him the greatest, nothing you or I can do about it. The difference is I see the hypocrisy of the league you and your opinion are dishonest.

It's all about hating Tom Brady for Phallics! He's not going to admit that the fourth quarter comeback led by Brady wasn't done by "cheating"! He'd rather light himself on fire than admit that it's OBVIOUS that Brady is the most clutch quarterback ever to play the game!
I do not "hate" Brady, I do not like that he lied, cheated, destroyed evidence and was suspended in his "road to being the Greatest", actually that would disqualify him, don't you think?

You don't hate Brady? Dude you've spent the better part of two years obsessed with proving that he's a cheater! Who does that? Who has so little going on for them in their life that they spend hours posting the same nonsense over and over and over again? It's obvious you hate Brady. It's also obvious that you don't know the first thing about the game of football and that you live in some strange fantasy world because your real world is so pathetic!

It's all about hating Tom Brady for Phallics! He's not going to admit that the fourth quarter comeback led by Brady wasn't done by "cheating"! He'd rather light himself on fire than admit that it's OBVIOUS that Brady is the most clutch quarterback ever to play the game!
I do not "hate" Brady, I do not like that he lied, cheated, destroyed evidence and was suspended in his "road to being the Greatest", actually that would disqualify him, don't you think?

You don't hate Brady? Dude you've spent the better part of two years obsessed with proving that he's a cheater! Who does that? Who has so little going on for them in their life that they spend hours posting the same nonsense over and over and over again? It's obvious you hate Brady. It's also obvious that you don't know the first thing about the game of football and that you live in some strange fantasy world because your real world is so pathetic!
OFS: "You don't hate Brady?"

Correct, I don't hate Brady

Last edited:
Nothing about spygate.......................Thus is not a complete or accurate anaysis.
I am having a ball with you. Do you suggest that Brady's cheating, lying, destruction of evidence and suspension should be separate and apart from his accomplishments?

You are bringing me all sorts of laughs. His accomplishments are one issue and his cover up are another. The league had never fined more than $25000 for tampering with equipment and has more often than not ignored the tampering. There was visual proof of tampering going on earlier in the season with other teams and the league ignored it. So I don't see it as a big deal, the league has only treated it as a big deal in one occasion and has not before or since. The idea that it gave the Pats a big advantage is ridiculous. Technically any pass interference, holding, roughing the passer, face mask and on and on is cheating.
So you are rationalizing the cheating, lying, destruction of evidence that lead to his suspension. He agreed with that but you will not.

Didn't rationalize anything. If you are going to punish one, punish all, punish fairly, pretty easy to understand. Brady agreed with nothing, he didn't find it worth pursuing. He pled no contest, he never admitted to cheating, he just became the bigger man and let it go.

Brady got his revenge and Goodell presented the trophy to Bellichick and Kraft, amidst boos and Brady walked off while Goodell spoke.

Whether you like it or not, disapprove of it or not, agree with it or not, the fact is Brady will go down as one of the greatest football players of all time, nothing you say do or cry about will change the fact that most people will put him in the top 10.

If you want to stop cheating, I am good with it stop it but don't play games about what is and isn't cheating and if you get caught and don't get caught. If it is a 25000 fine or a four game suspension, so be it but be fair and equal.
No one other than Brady has his record of cheating, lying, destroying evidence and suspension and it is being dismissed by you folks when Brady himself agreed to the tribunal, method of investigation, burden of proof and penalty. Yes, there is a great deal of rationalization going on in this thread.

I cannot imagine anyone in this thread calling their co-worker a Hall of Famer or the greatest in their field if they committed the same acts as Brady. So why does Brady get a pass?

You are so full of crap! I love how a dishonest asshole such as yourself can decide if a person doesn't agree with your bullshit 100% then they are wrong. Especially after the shit you have pulled on this board.

Brady is fine, many will consider him the greatest, nothing you or I can do about it. The difference is I see the hypocrisy of the league you and your opinion are dishonest.
Papagergio: "I love how a dishonest asshole such as yourself"

^^^^^
swmLuZI.jpg
....:uhoh3::itsok:

I used to think Joe Montana was the greatest ever, but I'm wondering if Tom Brady is the best.

What do you think?
I think its all about teamwork. Bradshaw was badass. Danny Marino for sure but it takes a whole team. A QB cant throw to a bunch of donkeys and have a bunch of pussied keeping the baboons from getting him. Sure. Tom is EXCELLENT, no doubt, but with that team, Marino, Bradshaw, Namath any of those guys when in their prime, with the rest of that current team,could do the same damn thing.

I look at it differently. I look at Bradshaw playing on a team of Hall of Famers.....too many to name. Namath sucked. Won one game and was all image. Threw more interceptions than touchdowns.
Marino was a great fantasy football player but had a losing record in the playoffs and never won a championship

Brady was constantly getting new offensive players around him. Only Randy Moss was HOF and he only played two years

Last edited:
I used to think Joe Montana was the greatest ever, but I'm wondering if Tom Brady is the best.

What do you think?
I think its all about teamwork. Bradshaw was badass. Danny Marino for sure but it takes a whole team. A QB cant throw to a bunch of donkeys and have a bunch of pussied keeping the baboons from getting him. Sure. Tom is EXCELLENT, no doubt, but with that team, Marino, Bradshaw, Namath any of those guys when in their prime, with the rest of that current team,could do the same damn thing.
You make some good observations.

While those names are being thrown around...if the same rules were in place today as back then would Brady have survived as long as he has is a points for consideration, conversely, would those QBs had better stats and longevity with today's rules.

^^^^^
swmLuZI.jpg

Poor Alex, you have no real response, thanks again for proving how dishonest you are. You have been dishonest about cheating and side step the issue of games being rigged about who cheats and have inferred that even if you cheat and admit it later is ok. Dishonest, that is all you are. The other crap you make up about yourself is pretty entertaining also, let's see, you were an attorney, then got promoted to become a judge, now appointed to a special case, coach pee wee football and on and on, you seem to have trouble keeping stories straight! Lol! You are an amusing little guy.

You're so full of shit, Phallics! Tom Brady is everything that you aren't and you hate him with a passion! He's gone from being a 6th round draft pick to being considered as one of the greatest players ever to play in the NFL! He owns virtually every post season quarterback record there is...from wins...to touchdowns thrown...to yards gained passing! He led the biggest comeback in the history of the Super Bowl! He's a man who is revered by his peers. Most of the best quarterbacks of all time have named him the greatest quarterback of all time...Hall of Fame members like Troy Aikman, Joe Namath & Terry Bradshaw!

But beyond that he's a devoted family man.

Then there's you...

Someone so pathetic they have to troll internet sites claiming to be a lawyer and a youth football coach...when it's obvious that you are neither! You don't hate Brady? Of course you do, Phallics...he's everything you wish you were and never will be!

What do you think?

I look at it differently. I look at Bradshaw playing on a team of Hall of Famers.....too many to name. Namath sucked. Won one game and was all image. Threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

Brady was constantly getting new offensive players around him. Only Randy Moss was HOF and he only played two years

My thought is if he were with any other coach in another system, would he have been to or won as many Super Bowls? Could Peyton Manning with the same organization that Brady had, been to and won more Super Bowls, was it Brady or Belichick? Not saying Brady isn't great, but what if management was different. David Carr was a great young QB but got sacked so many times, it shock his confidence and took a huge toll on his body, to where he couldn't rise to potential. It was a bad team that surrounded him.

Russell Wilson comes to Seattle and has a solid team around him and wins a Super Bowl, Luck goes to a team with poor management, poor coaching and even though he is talented is not achieving anything near what Peyton brought. Manning was on teams with terrible defenses and terrible offensive lines,mead a good running backs and wide receivers. When The Colts had a decent defense they won the Super Bowl. The same can be said about New England.

What do you think?

My thought is if he were with any other coach in another system, would he have been to or won as many Super Bowls? Could Peyton Manning with the same organization that Brady had, been to and won more Super Bowls, was it Brady or Belichick? Not saying Brady isn't great, but what if management was different. David Carr was a great young QB but got sacked so many times, it shock his confidence and took a huge toll on his body, to where he couldn't rise to potential. It was a bad team that surrounded him.

Russell Wilson comes to Seattle and has a solid team around him and wins a Super Bowl, Luck goes to a team with poor management, poor coaching and even though he is talented is not achieving anything near what Peyton brought. Manning was on teams with terrible defenses and terrible offensive lines,mead a good running backs and wide receivers. When The Colts had a decent defense they won the Super Bowl. The same can be said about New England.
It's a fun game to play...what if?

Joe Montana is a good example. A legend at Notre Dame but a third round pick in the NFL. Too small, not a great arm. Would all those teams who passed on Joe Montana have been champions if they had drafted him? Probably not
Bill Walsh built the west coast offense around Montana. Exploited his mobility and decision making while covering for his size and weak arm

What makes Brady so remarkable is his ability to adapt his game to the talent around him and the game plan his coaches give him! The Patriots do not have an offensive "model" that they adhere to rigidly. They don't impose their offensive will on opposing teams...they look for the weakness of the opponent and then tailor their offensive game plan to that weakness. You have a great defense and a battering ram of a running back? Brady will hand the ball off. You have two great receiving tight ends like Gronkowski and Hernandez? Brady will throw passes to them up the seam against linebackers and safeties. You have a deep threat like Randy Moss? Brady will throw the deep ball. You feature smaller slot receivers like Welker, Edelman and Amandola? Brady will find them on crossing routes across the middle for small chunks of yardage! You have a veteran offensive line that can pass protect for long periods of time? Brady will employ double moves to his receivers and go down the field. You have a patchwork O line that's struggling to protect the quarterback? Brady will have the ball out of his hands quicker than almost any QB in the league so that pass rush can't get to him.

What makes the Patriots such a "Swiss Army Knife"...as the Super Bowl analysts kept referring to them as...is Tom Brady! He's the guy who can adapt his game to suit the game plan that is needed to defeat a given opponent. There hasn't been another QB in the history of the league who's been better at that than Brady.

What do you think?

Joe Montana is a good example. A legend at Notre Dame but a third round pick in the NFL. Too small, not a great arm. Would all those teams who passed on Joe Montana have been champions if they had drafted him? Probably not
Bill Walsh built the west coast offense around Montana. Exploited his mobility and decision making while covering for his size and weak arm

Look at the number of Hall of Fame players Joe Cool had to play with! Don't get me wrong...I revere Joe Montana and loved the San Francisco teams he played for but Montana was playing with numerous Hall of Fame players that were considered the best of the best and they were together for long periods of time because teams could be built and maintained before the salary cap rules changed everything. San Francisco was punished by the NFL for breaking league rules on the salary cap specifically because they WANTED to keep all those great players. Was that type of "cheating" more of an advantage than playing with footballs that were on the low end of the scale inflation wise? It's laughable that someone can accuse the Patriots of only winning because they "cheat" when any unbiased look at what's gone on in the NFL quickly reveals that every single team "cheats" in some fashion.

Would Peyton Manning have won as many championships if he played for New England?
I think he would have won championships, but not as many as Brady
Brady's five rings involved strong fourth quarters and bringing his team back late to do what was needed to win
That is exactly what Peyton was unable to do in his many playoff appearances. He never put together those historic drives for the ages. In big games, Peyton tended to come up short.

You're so full of shit, Phallics! Tom Brady is everything that you aren't and you hate him with a passion! He's gone from being a 6th round draft pick to being considered as one of the greatest players ever to play in the NFL! He owns virtually every post season quarterback record there is...from wins...to touchdowns thrown...to yards gained passing! He led the biggest comeback in the history of the Super Bowl! He's a man who is revered by his peers. Most of the best quarterbacks of all time have named him the greatest quarterback of all time...Hall of Fame members like Troy Aikman, Joe Namath & Terry Bradshaw!

But beyond that he's a devoted family man.

Then there's you...

Someone so pathetic they have to troll internet sites claiming to be a lawyer and a youth football coach...when it's obvious that you are neither! You don't hate Brady? Of course you do, Phallics...he's everything you wish you were and never will be!
No....

I am very happy with who I am and what I have done in my life...

I can tell you by the time I reached 18 years old I could write my own ticket....and have been doing so ever since.

But why do you wish to make this thread about me?

^^^^^
swmLuZI.jpg

Poor Alex, you have no real response, thanks again for proving how dishonest you are. You have been dishonest about cheating and side step the issue of games being rigged about who cheats and have inferred that even if you cheat and admit it later is ok. Dishonest, that is all you are. The other crap you make up about yourself is pretty entertaining also, let's see, you were an attorney, then got promoted to become a judge, now appointed to a special case, coach pee wee football and on and on, you seem to have trouble keeping stories straight! Lol! You are an amusing little guy.
^^^^^
:itsok:

What do you think?

Look at the number of Hall of Fame players Joe Cool had to play with! Don't get me wrong...I revere Joe Montana and loved the San Francisco teams he played for but Montana was playing with numerous Hall of Fame players that were considered the best of the best and they were together for long periods of time because teams could be built and maintained before the salary cap rules changed everything. San Francisco was punished by the NFL for breaking league rules on the salary cap specifically because they WANTED to keep all those great players. Was that type of "cheating" more of an advantage than playing with footballs that were on the low end of the scale inflation wise? It's laughable that someone can accuse the Patriots of only winning because they "cheat" when any unbiased look at what's gone on in the NFL quickly reveals that every single team "cheats" in some fashion.

Steve Young excelled in that offense. So did Jeff Garcia.
Having Jerry Rice, John Taylor and Roger Craig out of the backfield was hard to stop. As was TO in later years

Look at the teams that Terry Bradshaw played on. He's another quarterback that I have the utmost respect for but let's be honest here...the Steelers didn't win all those championships because Terry Bradshaw skillfully dissected opposing team's defenses! He was playing with the Steel Curtain defense on his side...arguably one of the best of all time! He had Franco Harris in the backfield. He was throwing bombs to Lynn Swan and John Stallworth. I love Bradshaw but he's not even in the conversation for best ever.

What do you think?

Elway could run better, think better, and throw just as well. No contest.

Yet Elway couldn't win a championship until he'd reached the point in his career where he couldn't run and was losing his cannon of an arm. Does Elway win without that great Denver D and probably the best running back of that time? Sorry, but it is no contest and Elway isn't winning it!

Forum List

Back