Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
Look at the teams that Terry Bradshaw played on. He's another quarterback that I have the utmost respect for but let's be honest here...the Steelers didn't win all those championships because Terry Bradshaw skillfully dissected opposing team's defenses! He was playing with the Steel Curtain defense on his side...arguably one of the best of all time! He had Franco Harris in the backfield. He was throwing bombs to Lynn Swan and John Stallworth. I love Bradshaw but he's not even in the conversation for best ever.
OFS: "I love Bradshaw but he's not even in the conversation for best ever."

He is more deserving, as is any QB, who did not lie, cheat, destroy evidence and get suspended to achieve their goals.

I used to think Joe Montana was the greatest ever, but I'm wondering if Tom Brady is the best.

What do you think?

Elway could run better, think better, and throw just as well. No contest.

Yet Elway couldn't win a championship until he'd reached the point in his career where he couldn't run and was losing his cannon of an arm. Does Elway win without that great Denver D and probably the best running back of that time? Sorry, but it is no contest and Elway isn't winning it!

Oh sure, Tom Brady standing on the field all alone against 11 guys is going to win a game. meh...weak argument.

Elway: five Super Bowl games, 152 passing attempts, 76 completions, 50% completion, 1,128 yards, three touchdowns, eight interceptions, a 59.3 quarterback rating and two Super Bowl victories. I'm sorry, Percy but when you play in the big game and throw almost three times as many interceptions as you do touchdowns...YOU ARE NOT THE GREATEST QB OF ALL TIME!

Look at the teams that Terry Bradshaw played on. He's another quarterback that I have the utmost respect for but let's be honest here...the Steelers didn't win all those championships because Terry Bradshaw skillfully dissected opposing team's defenses! He was playing with the Steel Curtain defense on his side...arguably one of the best of all time! He had Franco Harris in the backfield. He was throwing bombs to Lynn Swan and John Stallworth. I love Bradshaw but he's not even in the conversation for best ever.
Bradshaw gets no respect
They claim he was stupid, that he only won because he was with the Steelers. But he had a monster arm and didn't make many mistakes. Not a top five QB but one of the greats nonetheless

I used to think Joe Montana was the greatest ever, but I'm wondering if Tom Brady is the best.

What do you think?

Elway could run better, think better, and throw just as well. No contest.
Sorry....I can put Elway in my top five but not the greatest

My lasting memory of Elway was the Super Bowl against Joe Montana. Elway looked like he was in total panic as the Niners stomped him 55-10

For Phallics to claim that the Steelers of Terry Bradshaw's era didn't cheat simply proves how ignorant he is about football. Terry Bradshaw has admitted to using steroids while he was playing and the Steelers have long been recognized as one of the teams that made steroid abuse commonplace. Their team doctor bought something like a hundred and fifty thousand dollars of steroids in just one year back then and that was in 70's money!

What do you think?
I think its all about teamwork. Bradshaw was badass. Danny Marino for sure but it takes a whole team. A QB cant throw to a bunch of donkeys and have a bunch of pussied keeping the baboons from getting him. Sure. Tom is EXCELLENT, no doubt, but with that team, Marino, Bradshaw, Namath any of those guys when in their prime, with the rest of that current team,could do the same damn thing.

I look at it differently. I look at Bradshaw playing on a team of Hall of Famers.....too many to name. Namath sucked. Won one game and was all image. Threw more interceptions than touchdowns.

Brady was constantly getting new offensive players around him. Only Randy Moss was HOF and he only played two years

My thought is if he were with any other coach in another system, would he have been to or won as many Super Bowls? Could Peyton Manning with the same organization that Brady had, been to and won more Super Bowls, was it Brady or Belichick? Not saying Brady isn't great, but what if management was different. David Carr was a great young QB but got sacked so many times, it shock his confidence and took a huge toll on his body, to where he couldn't rise to potential. It was a bad team that surrounded him.

Russell Wilson comes to Seattle and has a solid team around him and wins a Super Bowl, Luck goes to a team with poor management, poor coaching and even though he is talented is not achieving anything near what Peyton brought. Manning was on teams with terrible defenses and terrible offensive lines,mead a good running backs and wide receivers. When The Colts had a decent defense they won the Super Bowl. The same can be said about New England.
It's a fun game to play...what if?

Joe Montana is a good example. A legend at Notre Dame but a third round pick in the NFL. Too small, not a great arm. Would all those teams who passed on Joe Montana have been champions if they had drafted him? Probably not
Bill Walsh built the west coast offense around Montana. Exploited his mobility and decision making while covering for his size and weak arm

Yep, however you have to have the talent to be the QB and a coach who can maximize the potential.

Carroll did that very well early in Russell's career. Short passes, controlled offense.

What makes Brady so remarkable is his ability to adapt his game to the talent around him and the game plan his coaches give him! The Patriots do not have an offensive "model" that they adhere to rigidly. They don't impose their offensive will on opposing teams...they look for the weakness of the opponent and then tailor their offensive game plan to that weakness. You have a great defense and a battering ram of a running back? Brady will hand the ball off. You have two great receiving tight ends like Gronkowski and Hernandez? Brady will throw passes to them up the seam against linebackers and safeties. You have a deep threat like Randy Moss? Brady will throw the deep ball. You feature smaller slot receivers like Welker, Edelman and Amandola? Brady will find them on crossing routes across the middle for small chunks of yardage! You have a veteran offensive line that can pass protect for long periods of time? Brady will employ double moves to his receivers and go down the field. You have a patchwork O line that's struggling to protect the quarterback? Brady will have the ball out of his hands quicker than almost any QB in the league so that pass rush can't get to him.

What makes the Patriots such a "Swiss Army Knife"...as the Super Bowl analysts kept referring to them as...is Tom Brady! He's the guy who can adapt his game to suit the game plan that is needed to defeat a given opponent. There hasn't been another QB in the history of the league who's been better at that than Brady.

The Belichick model is to minimize the opposition's strength. He is very good at that. Then exploit the weaknesses.

How much is the talent of Brady or the talent of Belichick? Brady wouldn't have five rings without Belichick.

Would Peyton Manning have won as many championships if he played for New England?
I think he would have won championships, but not as many as Brady
Brady's five rings involved strong fourth quarters and bringing his team back late to do what was needed to win
That is exactly what Peyton was unable to do in his many playoff appearances. He never put together those historic drives for the ages. In big games, Peyton tended to come up short.

Peyton had more comeback wins than any QB in NFL history. Many times it would be the Colts defense that would lose the lead and force a Manning comeback. Also the Colts game plan was to lead early, not to come from behind to win. That was apparent when Manning was injured, the defense and the offense couldn't lead and the game plan went south. But nine division championships, seven Super Bowls, five rings, tough to compare a team to that.

What do you think?
I was talking to a know-everything-about-any-sport, man the other day about which of the two QBs he thought the better and he said when his favorite QB, Joe Montana used to play, the game was harder, fewer rules, etc. protecting QBs and just in general, a rougher game. With that in mind, he reluctantly gave his opinion that Brady was the better. So I take his word for it since he travels to other states and countries, even to watch any sports game that involves high testosterone. ;)

Tom Brady sure pulled off a fabulous Super Bowl game last Sunday. I had turned it off at halftime because of the score but tuned back in a few minutes later just to see if anything had changed and BOY, had they ever. It turned into a wonderful, competition in which each team played a great game. I was rooting for the Pats.

For Phallics to claim that the Steelers of Terry Bradshaw's era didn't cheat simply proves how ignorant he is about football. Terry Bradshaw has admitted to using steroids while he was playing and the Steelers have long been recognized as one of the teams that made steroid abuse commonplace. Their team doctor bought something like a hundred and fifty thousand dollars of steroids in just one year back then and that was in 70's money!

Yes, but the league didn't catch him, so it is okay! It's ok to cheat, it's not okay to get caught! :) lol!

Bradshaw gets no respect
They claim he was stupid, that he only won because he was with the Steelers. But he had a monster arm and didn't make many mistakes. Not a top five QB but one of the greats nonetheless

He is a great QB no doubt, that arm was a rocket launcher, him and Plunkett were both under rated.

Yes, but the league didn't catch him, so it is okay! It's ok to cheat, it's not okay to get caught! :) lol!

That seems to be the measure that Phallics uses...

Bradshaw gets no respect

I will always respect Bradshaw, Winger! I saw him stand in before too many blitzing linebackers, make the deep throw and then get blown up by the hit. He was tough as nails and one hell of a competitor. Perfect for the Steelers of that era!

Hardly, that is the measure Brady and the other players use as they ratified the CBA. The NFL is the only authorized body who can make such a determination.

Of course, Brady tried to weasel his way out of it to no avail.

d877c07068274e40ac41f6d781b3db77-6f38f653467e485eba5859ac4f74bc2c-0.jpg

Hardly, that is the measure Brady and the other players use as they ratified the CBA. The NFL is the only authorized body who can make such a determination.

Brady will be remembered more fondly than Goodell

Who gives a crap.....

Brady agreed to this and the clowns in this thread are trying to apply their own very subjective and in many ways dishonest standards.

Things just do not work that way.:dunno:

Who gives a crap.....

Brady agreed to this and the clowns in this thread are trying to apply their own very subjective and in many ways dishonest standards.

Agreed to winning five championships?

Who gives a crap.....

That road is littered with suspension, cheating, lying, destruction of evidence, spying and murderers. So yes 5 rings for what they are worth....not much.

Who gives a crap.....

That road is littered with suspension, cheating, lying, destruction of evidence, spying and murderers. So yes 5 rings for what they are worth....not much.

Goodell road is littered with covering up CTE and the effects of concussions

Brady's ball had no impact on the game. Goodell is killing people

Forum List

Back