Is Violence Against Women EVER Justified?

Read the OP and vote on the following:

• A man can hit a women only if she hits first and only once to make his point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Are you serious? I've got nothing to cry about in this thread, except for the fact that it showcases personality foibles of abusers and shows the dynamic they function in, usually with the express support of idiots like you . Once again, you come down on the side of depravity. Go figure.

Last edited:
No, I think he would advise that men not fantasize about beating women, or look for scenarios that would allow them to do it.

Again your own imagination and assumption there. Some lessons are difficult to learn for you aren't they? Don worry I will be around to keep pointing out when you assume something and keep you aware of your bad habit or affliction.

If I had a son I would teach him to wrestle and I'd make sure he got good at it. Because in any combative situation, unless one's opponent gets an effectively sneaky or lucky punch in a wrestler will always win the fight. And knowing a few very basic wrestling holds makes it absolutely unnecessary for a man to ever strike a woman.

Even in the case of an aggressive drunk or a woman who is persistently violent it is very easy to induce extreme pain without causing her any real harm or damage.

I'm trying to figure out how walking away from a discussion that is really just justification for beating females is an act of obedience. Obedience to whom????

You said the topic was lunacy so why are you still here? Seems to me if you feel it is a thread that contains fantasy about beating women and you are participating in it and continue to do so it makes you a partaker of the lunacy and depravity of the whole thing. So in turn you should look in the mirror and declare yourself the sicko you are accusing everyone else here of being

Are you serious? I've got nothing to cry about in this thread, except for the fact that it showcases personality foibles of abusers and shows the dynamic they function in, usually with the express support of idiots like you . Once again, you come down on the side of depravity. Go figure.

I think you need to read a story.

Feel Good Teaching Tales: The Wemmicks

If I had a son I would teach him to wrestle and I'd make sure he got good at it. Because in any combative situation, unless one's opponent gets an effectively sneaky or lucky punch in a wrestler will always win the fight. And knowing a few very basic wrestling holds makes it absolutely unnecessary for a man to ever strike a woman.

Even in the case of an aggressive drunk or a woman who is persistently violent it is very easy to induce extreme pain without causing her any real harm or damage.

I think it's obvious that if you're in fear of injury or for your life, and you can't get away from an insane woman who is intent on putting a hurt on you, you are justified in doing what you have to do to survive.

But these guys are talking about breaking a woman's nose for blowing smoke in a bar, about beating the shit out of a woman, who is standing behind a man, because she's calling names. They're philosophizing about verbal VIOLENCE, a term they have made up, and how it can justify physical violence as a reaction to it.

The thread was created by a freak, and it attracted every over the top woman hater on this site (except Paulie, who is oddly silent which means he's probably in jail right now) who commenced to discuss all the situations they can think of where it can be okay to beat on a woman.

It's not a discussion about whether or not it's okay to smack women around. It's a justification thread for hitting women, and a venue for men to encourage each other in their abuse, real or anticipated, of women.

If this were a court-ordered batterer's class, the facilitator would shut it down, boot every asshole out of the class and call their POs and report them.

So I was having a discussion with the wife about if and when it is ever ok for a man to hit a women. Now the stereotypical answer is “never”. But is that really realistic? Let me toss out some scenarios where a man hit a women. Each of these I have personally witnessed (no I wasn’t the one doing the hitting) and in each case I felt the girl got exactly what she deserved.

Example 1: A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who made no secret that in her opinion she could hit him as much as she wanted because the moment he dared to hit back he would go to jail instead of her and no court would ever convict a woman of being abusive toward a man. I mean she actually bragged about it. She beat on that guy like a drum constantly until one day he finally had enough and “returned the treatment”. (Note: He would have simply left her but they had a child together and he couldn’t leave the child with an abusive woman until he could prove in court she was abusive – eventually that did happen.)

he should have left her the first time she hit him.....child or no child...

Example 2: To make a long story short, a beautiful woman stole our table at a crowded bar. My brother asked her politely to leave several times and offered to buy her a drink if she would depart. She refused every time told him “beautiful women only take orders when they feel like it so there’s not much you can do about it is there?” and then she blew smoke in his face. He asked her to leave again and warned her that if she blew smoke in his face again he would punch her dead in the face. She said “oh really? I dare you”, leaned directly into his face and exhaled a cloud of smoke around my brothers head….he broke her nose.

a table is not worth fighting over....a bitch is a bitch....you wont correct her by breaking her nose

Example 3: A woman stood behind her boyfriend screaming at this other guy calling him every name in the book, making reference to his questionable parentage…I mean you name it and she said it. Her boyfriend stood between them and although he wasn’t being aggressive toward the other guy neither was he telling his girlfriend to shut the hell up either. Finally her boyfriend said “you will have to go through me first to shut her up”. The guy said “I accept your terms” and after he beat the shit out of her boyfriend he walked up to the women and punched her dead in the mouth and told her “you got your boyfriends ass kicked you should share his pain.”

first thing my husband told me.....you got a mouth on you woman.....when you let it override your ass...do not expect me to step in, i really think the only time he would do anything is if a guy touched me...other than that...he thinks if i opt to run my mouth...he does not have to back it up

Now as I said…..these were thing I witnessed where I said to myself “normally I would never endorse violence of any kind let alone against women…..but in this case….the bitch was begging for it.”

I welcome thoughts.

when one is pushed to violence or when one lets themselves go violent....its not a good excuse...

Most men I know are taught to respect women. A man can walk away but some women follow and do not respect that and follow them to provoke the matter more. If they are warned hey leave me alone to cool off and do not respect that then they get what they get. To me it comes down sometimes to a woman not respecting boundaries. Admittedly I myself have not wanted to let a matter go many times before but I have respected the other party involved if they say hey we need to take this up later when I am not so riled up.

I agree....most men are indeed taught to respect women...to walk away. To avoid a potentially violent situation. Aren't there some women though who know that and take advantage of it? The question I posed to Cecilie is a perfect example. I believe that the women in the last two examples felt that they could say or do anything they wanted to the guys they were messing with and get away with it completely because "there's nothing the guy can do about it". I would argue that it's a form of bullying. I will say this much....none of the women I listed in my examples will ever try that shit again with anyone.

I told my daughter early on that no man ever better raise an unkind hand to her. But if she raised it first? All bets were off.

I agree. I always said to mine (one each) that if a woman feels manly enough to hit a man
(first!, if she throws the first punch! NOT if she merely tries to defend herself!), she shouldn't expect kid gloves in return. My son was told that he was allowed to defend himself (although, thankfully, it was never an issue), and my daughter to keep her hands to herself unless she was attacked first.

I don't agree that any but the first situation BP put up merited physical violence, and though it made me feel kind of dirty, I had to agree with Cecile. I also couldn't vote in the poll, because my response lies past #2, and before #3. I think "purely defensive" action is a subjective standard, but I also think hitting a woman "to make a point" is absurd.

I think it's obvious that if you're in fear of injury or for your life, and you can't get away from an insane woman who is intent on putting a hurt on you, you are justified in doing what you have to do to survive.

But these guys are talking about breaking a woman's nose for blowing smoke in a bar, about beating the shit out of a woman, who is standing behind a man, because she's calling names. They're philosophizing about verbal VIOLENCE, a term they have made up, and how it can justify physical violence as a reaction to it.

The thread was created by a freak, and it attracted every over the top woman hater on this site (except Paulie, who is oddly silent which means he's probably in jail right now) who commenced to discuss all the situations they can think of where it can be okay to beat on a woman.

It's not a discussion about whether or not it's okay to smack women around. It's a justification thread for hitting women, and a venue for men to encourage each other in their abuse, real or anticipated, of women.
Many years ago on a street in Jacksonville, NC, I saw a man slap a woman in the face twice, hard enough to nearly knock her down. Two guys jumped out of a car and confronted him. A pushing match started and it ended with the two guys beating the hell out of the guy who had hit the girl -- who started screaming at her rescuers to leave the guy who had hit her alone.

Any experienced cop will tell you that domestic violence calls can be the most dangerous and/or unpredictable jobs they can handle. Because it is not uncommon in situations where the man is beating, or has beaten, the hell out of the woman and the cops physically restrain him, the beaten woman will attack the cops.

So it seems to me there are situations in which women go far out of their way to provoke a man to hit them for reasons that only Freudian psychologists are capable of explaining.

Generally speaking, regardless of the circumstances it is a bad idea for a man to strike a woman. In the end it will always be better to walk away, run away, or just let her pound on you for awhile. No one will criticize a man for that. But it is never acceptable for a man to strike a woman.

Last edited:
even when i was young and much stronger....most men could simply wrap one hand around both of my wrists...and hold my hands still.....i had a b/f who would do that....and call me 'girly' till i would want to kill him...most men can control the situation without going physical or punching a woman...

nc is an odd little state...apparently the lo's got bored with sorting it out...now in nc if you are both fighting...you both go to jail for 48 hours....

If I had a son I would teach him to wrestle and I'd make sure he got good at it. Because in any combative situation, unless one's opponent gets an effectively sneaky or lucky punch in a wrestler will always win the fight.

That's the first thing you've ever said here that makes sense!

So I was having a discussion with the wife about if and when it is ever ok for a man to hit a women. Now the stereotypical answer is “never”. But is that really realistic? Let me toss out some scenarios where a man hit a women. Each of these I have personally witnessed (no I wasn’t the one doing the hitting) and in each case I felt the girl got exactly what she deserved.

Example 1: A buddy of mine had a girlfriend who made no secret that in her opinion she could hit him as much as she wanted because the moment he dared to hit back he would go to jail instead of her and no court would ever convict a woman of being abusive toward a man. I mean she actually bragged about it. She beat on that guy like a drum constantly until one day he finally had enough and “returned the treatment”. (Note: He would have simply left her but they had a child together and he couldn’t leave the child with an abusive woman until he could prove in court she was abusive – eventually that did happen.)

Example 2: To make a long story short, a beautiful woman stole our table at a crowded bar. My brother asked her politely to leave several times and offered to buy her a drink if she would depart. She refused every time told him “beautiful women only take orders when they feel like it so there’s not much you can do about it is there?” and then she blew smoke in his face. He asked her to leave again and warned her that if she blew smoke in his face again he would punch her dead in the face. She said “oh really? I dare you”, leaned directly into his face and exhaled a cloud of smoke around my brothers head….he broke her nose.

Example 3: A woman stood behind her boyfriend screaming at this other guy calling him every name in the book, making reference to his questionable parentage…I mean you name it and she said it. Her boyfriend stood between them and although he wasn’t being aggressive toward the other guy neither was he telling his girlfriend to shut the hell up either. Finally her boyfriend said “you will have to go through me first to shut her up”. The guy said “I accept your terms” and after he beat the shit out of her boyfriend he walked up to the women and punched her dead in the mouth and told her “you got your boyfriends ass kicked you should share his pain.”

Now as I said…..these were thing I witnessed where I said to myself “normally I would never endorse violence of any kind let alone against women…..but in this case….the bitch was begging for it.”

I welcome thoughts.

I was raised that it was never ok, and have had my ass whipped twice by women I was involved with. Each time I packed my shit and left. One of the women went to jail for it. I get teased to this day about both incidence, but at least I can live with my self.

I welcome thoughts.

I was raised that it was never ok, and have had my ass whipped twice by women I was involved with. Each time I packed my shit and left. One of the women went to jail for it. I get teased to this day about both incidence, but at least I can live with my self.

So I debarked from my previous emploratorium to uh. . . encrotch upon a more moneyfied situlation. . . like this here opportronity. . . .

Brother Early! I fired you! Just yesterday!

Excellent. Then you have an openin'.

Love the name, man.

I don't have to link anything. We have watched you, for instance, be verbally abusive, verbally violent, to people here both as koshergirl and Allie Baba, then complain when you get called on it. A person who thinks s/he can say whatever s/he wants in a relationship is doomed to be alone in older age. The children will have little to do with such parents.

Verbal bullying is verbal violence, and is unacceptable.

No man, no woman has the right to say whatever s/he wants.

Forum List

Back