Is Violence Against Women EVER Justified?

Read the OP and vote on the following:

• A man can hit a women only if she hits first and only once to make his point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Basically..a man who is attacked should be able to use enough force to stop the attack..and no more. Men are much stronger then women.

Not all men. If less than 1% were not as strong as their female partner then they have to be protected also.
We are a nation of laws where the minority is to respected and protected.

Well that's one of the points I was making earlier. When we think of a man hitting a women the picture in our mind is a beautiful, delicate woman and a troglodyte man. That's not always the case. Now yes, on average men are stronger than women and do more damage; no argument there. But the question was "is it EVER justified"...meaning "are there any circumstances whatsoever where we may say 'ok here's the exception to the rule'"?

I had a friend in Arizona and she was a tiny little thing: 5'2" maybe 105 lbs and cute as a button. But let me tell you, you did not fuck with that girl. She was highly trained in Krav Maga and she took great pride in the knowledge that she could kick a man's ass. I had to go bail her out of jail one night because she put her boyfriend (nearly twice her size) through a wall and broke both of his arms. She and I were just messing around one night talking and I bet her I could touch her face through her defenses....pffft....she twisted me into a pretzel and I was damned lucky we were just playing around.

Now she was also a heavy drinker and VERY aggressive when drunk. If that particular girl came at you aggressively and all you tried to do was to cover your face, you're going to end up with a few broken bones. So I don't think the answer is quite so black and white because there are all kinds of women in the world, not just pretty blonde ones with blue eyes...and even then (as the case with my friend) looks can be very deceiving.

You don't have to stand there and exchange blows in any case. If your friend is 5'2" and 105lbs I'm sure you could (if you had to) control her without hurting her or without just standing there and letting her unload on you.

You don't have to stand there and exchange blows in any case. If your friend is 5'2" and 105lbs I'm sure you could (if you had to) control her without hurting her or without just standing there and letting her unload on you.

Uh huh......you can be the one to give that a try. Be my guest. :lol: I have seen that woman in action and, as I said, messed around in a "mock fight" with her once. I know precisely what a person should do if she comes at you.....RUN!

Uh huh......you can be the one to give that a try. Be my guest. :lol: I have seen that woman in action and, as I said, messed around in a "mock fight" with her once. I know precisely what a person should do if she comes at you.....RUN!

I'm sure it would be fine.

My point is that dealing with an out of control person (especially one that would usually - in the circumstances this thread is considering - be smaller and weaker) doesn't necessarily need to involve exchanging blows.

My point is that dealing with an out of control person (especially one that would usually - in the circumstances this thread is considering - be smaller and weaker) doesn't necessarily need to involve exchanging blows.

uh huh...in most situations I would agree with you, but not with her. She was also a semi-professional kickboxer until she had a baby. But good luck trying to just "restrain" her...I would hope you have a lot of insurance. Despite what you may believe, any attempt to deal with that particular woman using kid gloves will land you in the hospital. As I said below, there's the rule, and then there are the exceptions to the rule...this woman is that exception.

uh huh...in most situations I would agree with you, but not with her. She was also a semi-professional kickboxer until she had a baby. But good luck trying to just "restrain" her...I would hope you have a lot of insurance. Despite what you may believe, any attempt to deal with that particular woman using kid gloves will land you in the hospital. As I said below, there's the rule, and then there are the exceptions to the rule...this woman is that exception.

As I said, I'm sure it would be fine.

Yeah I am sure her boyfriend said pretty much the same thing before swallowing drywall.

Yeah I am sure her boyfriend said pretty much the same thing before swallowing drywall.

Your friend is not the norm though, most 5 foot 2 females would not be able to handle a fight with a full grown man.

Your friend is not the norm though, most 5 foot 2 females would not be able to handle a fight with a full grown man.

I completely agree...that's why I said she is the exception to the rule. But of course, how does one identify who are the exceptions and who aren't? Looking at this girl you would never expect that much power to come out of that girl because she doesn't appear to be physically intimidating. On the other hand there are examples of women who appear to be bruisers, but are in reality quite meek and basically defenseless. How do you know?

Well....you don't until all hell breaks loose.

I completely agree...that's why I said she is the exception to the rule. But of course, how does one identify who are the exceptions and who aren't? Looking at this girl you would never expect that much power to come out of that girl because she doesn't appear to be physically intimidating. On the other hand there are examples of women who appear to be bruisers, but are in reality quite meek and basically defenseless. How do you know?

Well....you don't until all hell breaks loose.

Thats true, appearances can be decieving, you don't really know what someones capable of until you fight them, and most of us jump into fights based off of physical appearances first.

Thats true, appearances can be decieving, you don't really know what someones capable of until you fight them, and most of us jump into fights based off of physical appearances first.

Exactly...so you know...you see someone that looks like this charging at you:

images

and you think..."oh shit...this isn't good. This woman will kick my ass." So you (in defense) smack her and she bursts into tears and you look and feel like a tool. Meanwhile, this girl charges at you:

images

and you think "ok just restrain her because I don't want to hurt her" and the next thing you know you have two broken ribs and are missing a few teeth.

You just never know and let's be honest....the world is getting to be a scary place. When we were kids and someone said "I'm going to kill you" it meant "I might punch you". Today...they just might fucking kill you.

It's a real dilemma because there is justifiably a social stigma about a man hitting a woman, but there are those occasions...rare as they may be....where I think to myself "this is an exception...a rare exception....but an exception nonetheless."

images

and you think..."oh shit...this isn't good. This woman will kick my ass." So you (in defense) smack her and she bursts into tears and you look and feel like a tool. Meanwhile, this girl charges at you:

images

and you think "ok just restrain her because I don't want to hurt her" and the next thing you know you have two broken ribs and are missing a few teeth.

You just never know and let's be honest....the world is getting to be a scary place. When we were kids and someone said "I'm going to kill you" it meant "I might punch you". Today...they just might fucking kill you.

It's a real dilemma because there is justifiably a social stigma about a man hitting a woman, but there are those occasions...rare as they may be....where I think to myself "this is an exception...a rare exception....but an exception nonetheless."

Its funny because when people hear that a man hit a woman, they don't care what she looks like or how fit she is, the stigma of hitting a woman is bad and will stick with you.

images

images

Its funny because when people hear that a man hit a woman, they don't care what she looks like or how fit she is, the stigma of hitting a woman is bad and will stick with you.

How much you want to bet that maks wanted to clobber laila from frustration but thought better of it to preserve his handsome face? Ha ha

Exactly...but you know, for me at least, in examples #2 and #3 in the OP. I would not have hit those women. I would have told them all about themselves but I wouldn't have resorted to violence because I am really not a violent individual unless I am attacked. But in the extreme situation where a woman has me cornered and she has a knife, or a gun, or an ax or something like that....yeah I am going to pop her and if that makes me a miserable piece of trash I guess so be it....I will be a miserable piece of trash that happens to be alive. :lol:

I guess he was wrong. I'm not.

When I was a kid and my older sister said "I'm going to kill you" she really meant she "will try to fucking kill you.

I sat down to eat what the sitter cooked & sissy got pissed because I ate what she said was her plate. She grabbed the hot skillet off the stove whacked me over the head with it from behind while I was sitting there eating. She immediately ran outside & I took off after her. She ran to the rifle my dad had left propped up against the swing set, grabbed it, took aim & pulled the trigger. I heard the click as I was staring down the barrel. Lucky for me it rained on it the day before so the firing pin was a bit rusty. It only slightly dimpled the chambered round.

I also saw her electrocute my brother with the cattle prod. The bitch is mean. I learned young not to let a crazy bitch attack you. Most people think women fighting is funny. It may look funny, but many of the aggressors will kill you if they had the chance.

When I was a kid and my older sister said "I'm going to kill you" she really meant she "will try to fucking kill you.

I sat down to eat what the sitter cooked & sissy got pissed because I ate what she said was her plate. She grabbed the hot skillet off the stove whacked me over the head with it from behind while I was sitting there eating. She immediately ran outside & I took off after her. She ran to the rifle my dad had left propped up against the swing set, grabbed it, took aim & pulled the trigger. I heard the click as I was staring down the barrel. Lucky for me it rained on it the day before so the firing pin was a bit rusty. It only slightly dimpled the chambered round.

I also saw her electrocute my brother with the cattle prod. The bitch is mean. I learned young not to let a crazy bitch attack you. Most people think women fighting is funny. It may look funny, but many of the aggressors will kill you if they had the chance.

I'm telling ya. You only need to meet one rattlesnake or scorpion in human form, and all bets are off.

Exactly...but you know, for me at least, in examples #2 and #3 in the OP. I would not have hit those women. I would have told them all about themselves but I wouldn't have resorted to violence because I am really not a violent individual unless I am attacked. But in the extreme situation where a woman has me cornered and she has a knife, or a gun, or an ax or something like that....yeah I am going to pop her and if that makes me a miserable piece of trash I guess so be it....I will be a miserable piece of trash that happens to be alive. :lol:

You see, you're assuming that 'popping' someone would be the better choice if they had you cornered with a knife, a gun, or an axe or something. More than likely it would not be the better choice, just as in the example of your friend. You say she is trained in Krav Maga, which involves a lot of flurries of strikes and generally going batshit. Standing there and trying to 'pop' her would, unless you are a highly trained striker yourself, be giving her the best opportunity to use what she does well against you. On the other hand, controlling her would involve using the physics of the situation to your advantage given your greater size and (likely) strength. It's not necessarily a matter of being "gentle" about it, but rather taking the best approach to a given situation. And, you avoid the issues involved in actually striking a woman as this thread has concerned itself with.

Forum List

Back