ISIS inside Baghdad, will Obama ramp it up?

Gramps I don't have a lot of faith that he's going to do jack shit. Just the other day he was saying that the world was spinning out of control and there was no way to stop it.

*sigh* Leader of the free world my ass.

Are the Iraqis ever going to do anything?
According to Obama we have a couple years to get the locals ready for the fight.

I think his calculations were off by a couple years.

When I was just looking for that quote of his "We have no strategy" I found this great website.

This author has Obama pegged to a tee. Check it out.

"Obama’s real answer to the question about ISIS is “attend more fundraisers.” His immediate “pivot” from vacationing to partisan fundraising puts me in mind of SNL’s Father Guido Sarducci’s riff on the priorities of dogs: “Why are you eating so fast? Late for a nap?”

The mind boggles to consider where we would be today at other crucial points in our history—Pearl Harbor, the Great Depression, the Cuban Missile Crisis, so many others before and since, if our national leader at the time simply said

“Sorry. I have no idea what we need to do here. Sorry. Maybe by next week.” This is no less than a confession to the U.S. public and the world that our nation has a leadership vacuum at its head."

Spot on. Here's the link:

Unethical Quote of the Month President Obama Ethics Alarms

Hope not. Let the Peoples of the region sort out their problems. If that means them killing each other for several years, than so be it. I'm good with that. But we don't belong in their lands. It's time to come home.

Hope not. Let the Peoples of the region sort out their problems. If that means them killing each other for several years, than so be it. I'm good with that. But we don't belong in their lands. It's time to come home.

I agree.

I could care less if they all kill each other. I sure don't want anymore of our military men and women killed in that shithole.

Enough is enough. We left Iraq with an Army, a Govt and a country that they could do what they wanted with.

If they couldn't hold onto their country and fight off jihadists then tough shit.

Its not our responsibility to fight their battles for em. I could care less if they wipe each other out.

I agree.

I could care less if they all kill each other. I sure don't want anymore of our military men and women killed in that shithole.

Enough is enough. We left Iraq with an Army, a Govt and a country that they could do what they wanted with.

If they couldn't hold onto their country and fight off jihadists then tough shit.

Its not our responsibility to fight their battles for em. I could care less if they wipe each other out.

I hear ya. If they wanna go on killing each other for years, than so be it. And it has nothing to do with righteous causes anyway. We're only there to control their Banking Systems and plunder their resources. That's the real reasons we're still there. But we've done enough damage. It's time to come home.

Many Sunnis in Iraq will help ISIS. They've been abused by the U.S. Shiite Puppet Government for years. This is what the Iraq War has unleashed. It's ugly Blow Back. Haven't we done enough damage over there? Maybe it is time to withdraw from the Middle East?

Another thread where a rw'er wants to open up the treasury (FYI- there isn't anything there) to be the world's police again. You gave them $14 BILLION to train them already. Why do you people insist on fighting other people's fights for them?

Oil is trading up today. Oil fields lay south of Baghdad. So oil traders feel he won't ramp it up.
Ya, it's either that or because winter is coming to north American and Europe and heating oil is in demand.

Are the Iraqis ever going to do anything?
According to Obama we have a couple years to get the locals ready for the fight.

I think his calculations were off by a couple years.
I don't think the locals give a fuck.

Of course they do. But they are not Americans, nor are they like any western civilization.
Middle Easterners are used to being controlled, they have little concept of freedom. In fact are somewhat afraid of it. Most have never lived a day a their lives without uncertainty.
Most will not join in a cause, having a very real fear that if they pick the wrong side - they will killed or worse/ And many-many have been.
We have never lived in a country where the government actively persecutes and kills their own citizens - to them - this is normal.
Helping them is not our concern. Our concern is minimizing ISIS power, money and geography.

Forum List

Back