ISIS Threatens to Invade Jordan, 'Slaughter' King Abdullah

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Gee, these are such nice guys -- they want to slaughter here and slaughter there.

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

The recent victories in Iraq and Syria by the terrorists of ISIS -- said to be an offshoot of al-Qaeda -- have emboldened the group and its followers throughout the Middle East. Now the terrorists are planning to move their jihad not only to Jordan, but also to the Gaza Strip, Sinai and Lebanon.

Failure to act will result in the establishment in the Middle East of a dangerous extremist Islamic empire that will pose a threat to American and Western interests.

"The danger is getting closer to our bedrooms." — Oraib al-Rantawi, Jordanian political analyst

Islamist terrorists in Iraq and Syria have begun creeping toward neighboring countries, sources close to the Islamic fundamentalists revealed this week.

Continue reading at:

Gee, these are such nice guys -- they want to slaughter here and slaughter there.

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

The recent victories in Iraq and Syria by the terrorists of ISIS -- said to be an offshoot of al-Qaeda -- have emboldened the group and its followers throughout the Middle East. Now the terrorists are planning to move their jihad not only to Jordan, but also to the Gaza Strip, Sinai and Lebanon.

Failure to act will result in the establishment in the Middle East of a dangerous extremist Islamic empire that will pose a threat to American and Western interests.

"The danger is getting closer to our bedrooms." — Oraib al-Rantawi, Jordanian political analyst

Islamist terrorists in Iraq and Syria have begun creeping toward neighboring countries, sources close to the Islamic fundamentalists revealed this week.

Continue reading at:

Not our problem, let them take over the entire Middle East.
Then when they have consolidated their positions they'll come after our allies next and some day us.

Our military needs to start fighting wars the way they were meant to be fought. You go in, kill the bad guy, then you leave to fight somewhere else. No sticking around playing police or country building. Eventually you run out of people to kill and the living go out of their way not to bring your eire.

The islamic lunatics in the middle east have NEVER seen what the American military is fully capable of.

A few dozen cruise missiles into whatever "palaces" they take over should send a pretty good message :thup:

The islamic lunatics in the middle east have NEVER seen what the American military is fully capable of.

A few dozen cruise missiles into whatever "palaces" they take over should send a pretty good message :thup:

As long as an Arab Oil Sheik can finance a US campaign, they never will find out.

As long as an Arab Oil Sheik can finance a US campaign, they never will find out.

True. Maybe it IS about time for a new constitutional convention! :dunno:

You know what? I'd be all for it!

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

Continue reading at:

Jordan used to have a strong military loyal to the King. I have not been as diligent with contacts in Jordan so I don't know the situation with the military there.

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

Continue reading at:

Jordan used to have a strong military loyal to the King. I have not been as diligent with contacts in Jordan so I don't know the situation with the military there.

uhm----diligent or not, aris-------uhm.....do you know if there are active DISSIDENT FACTIONS in
Jordan-------I seem to recall that the late king-----abuabdullah ----had some anxiety of his
BROTHER'S ambitions

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

Continue reading at:

Abdullah and family would be long gone before they ever got close.
Still not our problem

Last edited:

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

Continue reading at:

Abdullah and family would be long gone before they ever got close.
Still not our problem

What you are forgetting is that it could be someone in the palace who has sympathy with the ISIS savages. Look at how a guard to a Pakistani governor killed him because the overnor was speaking up on behalf of a Christian woman imprisoned for allegedly committing blasphemy. We also have to take into consideration all those Afganis in uniforms who are supposed to be working with our troops turning against them and killing them. I honestly wouldn't rule anything out when it comes to the Middle East. I would hate to see this happen to the King, but horrible things happen over there.

The King of Jordan is just your typical dictator.

He only says in power because of western aid.....money and weapons.

No doubt many Jordanian people would like to see him go. .. :cool:

Really? I have known many Jordanians----here in the USA---both Christian and muslim-----
they all liked little Abdullah. He is not his father----but they still like him. HOWEVER...
the Jordanians I have known were well educated people-----I have no idea how the
madrassa slobs feel

Really? I have known many Jordanians----here in the USA---both Christian and muslim-----
they all liked little Abdullah. He is not his father----but they still like him. HOWEVER...
the Jordanians I have known were well educated people-----I have no idea how the
madrassa slobs feel
He is a dictator and receives a lot of U.S. aid money and weapons to play nice with Israel and keep the people in check.

The average Jordanian doesn't like being ruled by a dictator who is in bed with Israel.

I hope they rise up and depose him. .. :cool:

madrassa slobs feel
He is a dictator and receives a lot of U.S. aid money and weapons to play nice with Israel and keep the people in check.

The average Jordanian doesn't like being ruled by a dictator who is in bed with Israel.

I hope they rise up and depose him. .. :cool:

oh-----ok well ----I certainly agree that the USA should
avoid giving Jordan weapons-----they will likely land in the hands
of jihadi dogs

by Khaled Abu Toameh
June 12, 2014

Continue reading at:

uhm----diligent or not, aris-------uhm.....do you know if there are active DISSIDENT FACTIONS in
Jordan-------I seem to recall that the late king-----abuabdullah ----had some anxiety of his
BROTHER'S ambitions

Always has been. Part of life anywhere in the region. Not always engaged in violence against the state, but their presence was felt.

oh-----ok well ----I certainly agree that the USA should
avoid giving Jordan weapons-----they will likely land in the hands
of jihadi dogs

Not like that has ever stopped our government in the past.

Granny got her 12ga. Mossburg ready in case any dem jihadis come `round here...

Obama Tells Iraq Unite to Fight ISIL: ‘We Can’t Do It for Them’
June 13, 2014 – President Barack Obama on Friday announced that the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant or ISIL, an offshoot of al Qaeda that operates in Iraq and Syria, has made “significant gains” in the region in recent days, and Iraqi security forces are struggling to defend “a number of cities” against the terrorist offensive.
Although the U.S. will not send troops back into the region, Obama said he has asked his national security team to prepare a range of options to support the Iraqis in its attempt to “break the momentum of extremist groups and bolster the capabilities of Iraqi security forces.” “Unfortunately, Iraqis leaders have been unable to overcome too often the mistrust and sectarian differences that have long been simmering there, and that’s created vulnerabilities within the Iraqi government as well as their security forces,” Obama said. “So any action that we may take to provide assistance to Iraqi security forces has to be joined by a serious and sincere effort by Iraq’s leaders to set aside sectarian differences, to promote stability, and account for the legitimate interests of all of Iraq’s communities, and to continue to build the capacity of an effective security force,” he said. “We can’t do it for them,” the president said. “And in the absence of this type of political effort, short-term military action – including any assistance we might provide won’t succeed. So this should be a wake-up call.”

Obama said Iraqi leaders have to be willing to make hard choices and compromises to unite the country. In doing so, they will have the support of the U.S., its friends and allies. “Iraq’s neighbors also have some responsibilities to support this process. Nobody has an interest in seeing terrorists gain a foothold inside of Iraq, and nobody is going to benefit from seeing Iraq descend into chaos, so the United States will do our part, but understand that ultimately, it’s up to the Iraqis as a sovereign nation to solve their problems,” he said. “Indeed across the region, we have redoubled our efforts to help build more capable counter-terrorism forces so that groups like ISIL can’t establish safe haven, and we’ll continue that effort through our support of the moderate opposition in Syria, our support for Iraq and its security forces, and our partnership with other countries across the region,” Obama said.

Obama promised to “pursue intensive diplomacy” inside Iraq and across the region, “because there’s never going to be stability in Iraq or the broader region unless there are political outcomes that allow people to resolve their differences peacefully without resorting to war or relying on the United States military.” In addition to carefully monitoring the situation in Iraq and remaining vigilant against threats to U.S. personnel serving overseas, the president said he would consult Congress. “We will consult closely with Congress as we make determinations about appropriate action, and we’ll continue to keep the American people fully informed as we make decisions about the way forward,” he said.

Obama Tells Iraq Unite to Fight ISIL: ?We Can?t Do It for Them? | CNS News

See also:

ISIS Leader to USA: ‘Soon We Will be in Direct Confrontation’
June 13, 2014 -- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), issued a rare audio message back on January 21 in which he flatly stated his group’s intention to march on Baghdad and move into “direct confrontation” with the United States.
“Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day,” Baghdadi said. “So watch, for we are with you, watching.” When the House Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on February 5 on al Qaida’s resurgence in Iraq, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Iran and Iraq Brett McGurk presented written testimony explaining the agenda of ISIS (also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL), and discussed Baghdadi’s audio message to Americans.

ISIL, McGurk said, focuses on “an aim to carve out an Islamic caliphate stretching from Baghdad to Lebanon.” “ISIL has also made its intentions clear: move from a new base of operations in Fallujah to Baghdad--a distance of under 30 miles,” McGurk said in his written testimony. “Its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, had this to say in a rare audio statement issued on January 21: ‘As for ISIS in Iraq: Be in the frontlines against the Shia, and march toward Baghdad and the South, keep the Shia busy in their own areas. Know that the entire Sunni population and the brothers in Syria are watching you.’”

McGurk then noted that Baghdadi went on to conclude his audio statement by issuing a direct threat to the United States. Specifically, Baghdadi said: “Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day. So watch, for we are with you, watching.” “We take such threats seriously and through cooperation with this committee and the Congress, we intend to help the Iraqis in their efforts to defeat ISIL over long term,” McGurk told the committee in his spoken testimony.

The day before McGurk appeared in the Foreign Affairs Committee, CIA Director John Brennan testified at the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence’s annual hearing on “Worldwide Threats.” Discussing Jabhat al Nusra, which is the al Qaeda affiliate in Syria, and ISIL, Brennan warned that al Qaeda may develop the capability to “use Syria as a launching pad” for attacks on the West, and that al Qaeda already had training camps both in Syria and Iraq where it was developing capabilities that could threaten the West.

MORE

Forum List

Back