Island of misfit Trump voters needs saving !

Saw this on cbs news . The hypocrisy meter was off the chart!

This small island in Chesapeake bay is slowly sinking . A little real life example of climate change I guess .

Well the residence who voted almost completely for Trump . And they are hoping he will save their sinking ship.

Normally I'm compassionate. But these turds can go screw !!!

1- you voted for Don "climate change is a hoax " Trump .

2- you must also be anti big gov and anti welfare .

Well put up or shut up! Bunch of hypocrites change their tune when THEY want help.

Mayor of disappearing island: "We just need the help to come now" - CBS News

"We need help from the erosion. If it was just sea level rise that we were worried about, we would be in good shape," Eskridge said.
Help looks like a rock wall. One was built on the island's western side in the 1980s and the erosion there stopped. Now, they say their only hope is a wall around the entire island—costing an estimated $20 to $30 million, which they don't have.

How do you get climate change as being responsible for the problem, when erosion is clearly the issue? It's more dishonesty from the left, we get it.

Love the compassion you show others, it reveals a lot about what an intolerant bigot you are. The left is so petty, dishonest and hypocritical.

You act like accelerated erosion has nothing to do with climate change ?

Should we spend 30million on a town of 600 ? I thought righties were all about self reliance and fiscal responsibility!?

These Trump islanders have no problem with welfare so long as it benefits them.

I'm not the one that cries about the right not being compassionate. Do you have proof that it is accelerated erosion caused by climate change, or is it simply erosion that happens in places all over the world.

As far as the island, just like New Orleans, we need to concede to the ocean and the residents need to move.

$30 million is next to nothing in the budget, hell we spend that much on Public Broadcasting which worthless.

So if these were lefties that voted for Hillary you would want to invest $30 million?

If you do then you are the hypocrite.
According to the article it started back in the 1800's.
Oh my gosh. Right after our independence!? So the Constitution is causing globull warming!

This small island in Chesapeake bay is slowly sinking . A little real life example of climate change I guess .

Well the residence who voted almost completely for Trump . And they are hoping he will save their sinking ship.

Well put up or shut up! Bunch of hypocrites change their tune when THEY want help.

"We need help from the erosion. If it was just sea level rise that we were worried about, we would be in good shape," Eskridge said.
Help looks like a rock wall. One was built on the island's western side in the 1980s and the erosion there stopped. Now, they say their only hope is a wall around the entire island—costing an estimated $20 to $30 million, which they don't have.

How do you get climate change as being responsible for the problem, when erosion is clearly the issue? It's more dishonesty from the left, we get it.

Love the compassion you show others, it reveals a lot about what an intolerant bigot you are. The left is so petty, dishonest and hypocritical.

Should we spend 30million on a town of 600 ? I thought righties were all about self reliance and fiscal responsibility!?

I like Chesapeake crab. Good eats.

Seriously, I believe it's a stupid waste of tax payer money. Anyone that builds on the shores of rivers or oceans is rolling the dice. If it comes up craps, too bad. That is what insurance is for.

The insurance is also paid by the taxpayer ! No private company would cover the risk of that sand bar .
Do you have a link to the insurance that would be relevant in this particular case?

Whether this island's pending disappearance is being caused by climate change or not, is moot.

The question is whether the government is responsible to save it and whether the government's intervention is contrary to conservative values.

If you believe that we should have smaller government, that we should have lower taxes and that government should not intervene to help people, the you should be against the government's intervention.

If you believe the government should intervene to help people, then you should support this government intervention.

Unless you believe that the government should intervene only if the people who need help look like you.

Tell that to Timmy, he picks and chooses who is worth saving based on politics.

Lost credibility after first sentence "saw this on CBS news".

Seriously, I believe it's a stupid waste of tax payer money. Anyone that builds on the shores of rivers or oceans is rolling the dice. If it comes up craps, too bad. That is what insurance is for.

The insurance is also paid by the taxpayer ! No private company would cover the risk of that sand bar .
Do you have a link to the insurance that would be relevant in this particular case?

Almost all flood insurance is through the federal government. Insurance companies deny this coverage as it is to risky. So if the government is insuring this, as in New Orleans, they are on the hook.

It's just another example of anti gov nanny state right wingers who hypocritically suck off the taxpayer teet when it suits them .

It's just another example of anti gov nanny state right wingers who hypocritically suck off the taxpayer teet when it suits them .
Why are you whining at me? I didn't ask for shit, and I believe people that build at sea level should assume the risk.

All the OP is proving (besides the mind-blowing idiocy of expecting any president to control geology), is how vindictive, petty, malicious and vengeance-fueled he is. All because the poor baby couldn't get his way.

All the OP is proving (besides the mind-blowing idiocy of expecting any president to control geology), is how vindictive, petty, malicious and vengeance-fueled he is. All because the poor baby couldn't get his way.
He's not that bad. He reminds me of a new puppy, always tripping over things, crashing into stuff. A complete lack of understand of how anything works. It's entertaining if you understand what he is.

Idjit. You're talking about Progressive Maryland.

Since they voted for Trump....Trump should build their wall ...and make Mexico pay for it
Have liberals no shame(rhetorical)? They voted for the most corrupt corporatist politician who ever lived, yet they have the audacity to criticize Trump voters.

The most corrupt politicians end up with convictions

Lets see how Crooked Donnie and his cohorts make out
If that were true, they all would be in prison...but your girl Cankles would be a special case. She would get the chair.

The town wants the president to control geology!

Is purchasing insurance only the government issues is sucking off the taxpayers or is it covering against losses?

Since they voted for Trump....Trump should build their wall ...and make Mexico pay for it
Have liberals no shame(rhetorical)? They voted for the most corrupt corporatist politician who ever lived, yet they have the audacity to criticize Trump voters.

If that were true, they all would be in prison...but your girl Cankles would be a special case. She would get the chair.
You spent 25 years trying to convict Hillary

It has only been 6 months with Crooked Donnie

You spent 25 years trying to convict Hillary

It has only been 6 months with Crooked Donnie
Yep and if Monica hadn't kept the stained blue dress, you would refer to her as a lying bitch just as Hillary instructed you.

Is purchasing insurance only the government issues is sucking off the taxpayers or is it covering against losses?

According to right wingers , it's sucking off taxpayers . See their views on the ACA.

Thanks for another example on how the trump islanders are full of crap.

According to right wingers , it's sucking off taxpayers . See their views on the ACA.

Thanks for another example on how the trump islanders are full of crap.

Totally different, FEMA offers flood insurance, so the people are paying for the insurance. In many places you can't buy property without flood insurance. ACA others are paying for your insurance. Pretty freakin big difference. Another example why you are still full of crap.

Last edited:
This island needs some rocks to stop the erosion. If only we had some they could buy.

I'm at a loss. Only the Feds can get rocks.

Forum List

Back