Islands Disappear As Ocean Levels Rise

Are you really that stupid? Please explain to us what bearing the Earth's temperature in, say 2.85 billion BCE might have on the question of greenhouse gas emissions and anthropogenic global warming over the last 150 years?

And your claim that the last 100 years of temperature records are unreliable is noted and rejected out of hand for a complete lack of evidence.

Last edited:
Are you really that stupid? Please explain to us what bearing the Earth's temperature in, say 2.85 billion BCE might have on the question of greenhouse gase emissions and anthropogenic global warming over the last 150 years?
Pretty simple,really. CO2 levels and global temperatures have been significantly higher WITHOUT human intervention. It's ludicrous to blame reminisce increases in temperature on Humvees and cow farts.

So... if it happened before without humans, it can't be caused by humans now?

Of course it will change. It will change from cause. Right now the cause is us and the result will hurt us - it already is. We can do something about that.

That is vague as hell...

So crick what is your idea world? Let me guess in your mind anyone that goes faster then you is speeding and anyone slower then you is a slowpoke.

My ideal world would be one in which everyone had enough education to have some idea how the world worked, what was going on in it and possessed the ability to make accurate judgments of risk and reward. Right now, as a conversation with you clearly demonstrates, that is not the case.

It happened repeatedly without humans, so how can you claim they are responsible for any significant contribution now?
Think dice. Before you walked into the room I rolled 7 six times out of ten chances. You walk into the room and I roll 7. Did you have an effect on the dice?

It happened repeatedly without humans, so how can you claim they are responsible for any significant contribution now?
Think dice. Before you walked into the room I rolled 7 six times out of ten chances. You walk into the room and I roll 7. Did you have an effect on the dice?
As if knowing who or what to blame for the fact of global climate change will alter the outcome.

That analogy fails because it blindly assumes that climate behaves randomly, even though all evidence indicates it doesn't.

You can't just assume, like denier cultists do. You have to go by hard evidence, like the real scientists.

NOAA/NASA Dramatically Altered US Temperatures After The Year 2000
Posted on June 23, 2014by Ssteven Goddard

Prior to the year 2000, NASA showed US temperatures cooling since the 1930’s, and 1934 much warmer than 1998.

[...]

Whither U.S. Climate?
By James Hansen, Reto Ruedy, Jay Glascoe and Makiko Sato — August 1999

Empirical evidence does not lend much support to the notion that climate is headed precipitately toward more extreme heat and drought.

in the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country

NASA GISS: Science Briefs: Whither U.S. Climate?

[...]

My ideal world would be one in which everyone had enough education to have some idea how the world worked, what was going on in it and possessed the ability to make accurate judgments of risk and reward. Right now, as a conversation with you clearly demonstrates, that is not the case.

Laughinganimationdog.gif

Just cannot make these things up!

My far left Progressive friends "support" free speech...just so THEY decide what is free speech.

My good friend Crick wants everyone "educated" BUT only if they are "educated" to agree with Crick and his cabal.

This, as Crick and his cabal knows, is stereotypical of Progressives. Studies have shown that Progressives refuse to consider opposing views while Conservatives are much more likely to view and read views opposed to their own beliefs.

My, but you are a dumb ass. We know the reasons that the GHGs increased rapidly in the past. Trapp volcanics and impacts. We also know how much GHGs man has put into the atmosphere by using fossil fuels. So what you are claiming is that because nature has rapidly increased GHGs in a short time period in the past, and created periods of extinctions, that because it is man rapidly increasing the GHGs this time, they will have no effect on the climate. That doesn't even pass third grade logic.

Seriously you post that AGW cult propaganda as evidence?

You disagree that global temperatures have been at record highs? Do you have some reliable data that says otherwise?

100 years of unreliable data is not fucking records.when the earth is 4.5 billion years old

150 years! But we have a dozen or so proxies that go back a few thousand times that. ;) Anyways, if you had your way we wouldn't have a record at all and it certainly won't become more accurate. Hypercritical much?

Posted on June 23, 2014by Ssteven Goddard

Prior to the year 2000, NASA showed US temperatures cooling since the 1930’s, and 1934 much warmer than 1998.

[...]

Whither U.S. Climate?
By James Hansen, Reto Ruedy, Jay Glascoe and Makiko Sato — August 1999

Empirical evidence does not lend much support to the notion that climate is headed precipitately toward more extreme heat and drought.

in the U.S. there has been little temperature change in the past 50 years, the time of rapidly increasing greenhouse gases — in fact, there was a slight cooling throughout much of the country

[...]

What a lying asshole you are, Markle. Real job of cherry picking one paragraph in order to make it sound as if the whole article is denunciation of AGW. A nice job of lying, there, old boy.

How can the absence of clear climate change in the United States be reconciled with continued reports of record global temperature? Part of the "answer" is that U.S. climate has been following a different course than global climate, at least so far. Figure 1 compares the temperature history in the U.S. and the world for the past 120 years. The U.S. has warmed during the past century, but the warming hardly exceeds year-to-year variability. Indeed, in the U.S. the warmest decade was the 1930s and the warmest year was 1934. Global temperature, in contrast, had passed 1930s values by 1980 and the world has warmed at a remarkable rate over the last 25 years.

fig1x.gif
Fig. 1: Annual and 5-year mean surface temperature for (a) the contiguous 48 United States and (b) the globe, relative to 1951-80, based on measurements at meteorological stations.
A picture of how U.S. climate change during the past half century compared with the rest of the world is shown in Figure 2. This map shows that the trend has been toward warmer temperatures in most of the world. There has been nearly ubiquitous warming in the tropics, especially in the Eastern Pacific Ocean, where the largest warming coincides with the location of more frequent strong El Niños. The strongest warming has been in Alaska and northern Asia. Warming in Alaska is often associated with El Niños. A suspicion of many climatologists — as yet unproven — is that an increasing greenhouse effect may cause more frequent and intense El Niños. Asia has long been predicted to show the largest warming due to increasing greenhouse gases, especially in the winter, and observations are consistent with that.

You disagree that global temperatures have been at record highs? Do you have some reliable data that says otherwise?

100 years of unreliable data is not fucking records.when the earth is 4.5 billion years old

150 years! But we have a dozen or so proxies that go back a few thousand times that. ;) Anyways, if you had your way we wouldn't have a record at all and it certainly won't become more accurate. Hypercritical much?

You couldn't read a1920 thermometer if it bit you on the ass.

And that answer means what? Other than the fact that you have no answer.

I have a couple of old thermometers from that time period, moron. I've been reading such devices since I was young as I track storms. Of course, our network that allows such records to be maintained wouldn't even get funded if assholes and trash like you had your way.

Forum List

Back