Isn't North Carolina a battleground state?

Election 2012: North Carolina President - Rasmussen Reports™

Yeah yeah. It's still early. I know. I even agree. But I am SO fucking sick and tired of the lefty political pundits here (and elsewhere) telling us all so confidently that Romney's uphill battle is insurmountable.

It really isn't.
I don't think Team Obama was counting on NC, even before the marriage equality issue. He won it in 2008 by only 14,000, I believe.

But to take the other side of the argument, remember that NC is lousy with retired military who most likely voted for fake war hero John McCain. None of Bishop Romney's clan have ever served their country (I'm talking U.S., not Mexico), while Commander In Chief Obama has been a killing machine against al Qaeda.

PLUS, NC is also lousy with fundamentalists and Southern Baptists (redundant, I know), who believe Bishop Romney is a cultist (he is!). Those who actually believe in their religion and their values may stay home.

Of course, we know that people will gladly throw their religion under the bus for an extra dollar, so who knows?

I bet that Team Obama has been "counting" on Wisconsin. (See the Wisconsin story link at http://www.usmessageboard.com/5294399-post36.html )

:eusa_whistle:
Wow - you read my post that fast? :lol:

I don't think Team Obama was counting on NC, even before the marriage equality issue. He won it in 2008 by only 14,000, I believe.

But to take the other side of the argument, remember that NC is lousy with retired military who most likely voted for fake war hero John McCain. None of Bishop Romney's clan have ever served their country (I'm talking U.S., not Mexico), while Commander In Chief Obama has been a killing machine against al Qaeda.

PLUS, NC is also lousy with fundamentalists and Southern Baptists (redundant, I know), who believe Bishop Romney is a cultist (he is!). Those who actually believe in their religion and their values may stay home.

Of course, we know that people will gladly throw their religion under the bus for an extra dollar, so who knows?

I bet that Team Obama has been "counting" on Wisconsin. (See the Wisconsin story link at http://www.usmessageboard.com/5294399-post36.html )

:eusa_whistle:
Wow - you read my post that fast? :lol:

Uhm. Yep. It wasn't exactly daunting stuff. :lol:

Yeah yeah. It's still early. I know. I even agree. But I am SO fucking sick and tired of the lefty political pundits here (and elsewhere) telling us all so confidently that Romney's uphill battle is insurmountable.

It really isn't.

I think any poll taken before the first debate is crap.

For the most part, I agree. But when the butt rashes like Salt Peter and his liberal Democrat brothers and sisters constantly "assure" all the rest of us that the "race" is already effectively "over," I think the current mood (as reflected with some accuracy) in a present day poll MIGHT be instructive.

2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

CLick on NC on the interactive map of present day electoral count (a map that presupposes the races state by state come out as indicated): When it turns RED, the race has tightened up NICELY.

And FLA is always dicey, but the President happens to suck dick at his job. SO if FLA goes red, too, (try it) the race is no longer such a fucking "gimmee" for the incumbent.
Ohio's unemployment rate is lower than the national average. 7.2%, I think. If 5% is the point of normal, full employment (as sooooo many wingnuts keep telling me when it's pointed out that BOOOOSH had 5%), then that other 2.2% could be all the public sector jobs that Cocksucker (I mean, Governor) Kasich fired.

Which, incidentally, is why Bishop Romney has stopped running jobs attack ads in Ohio, and has pivoted to debt attack ads. :)

Election 2012: North Carolina President
North Carolina: Romney 51%, Obama 43%

It really isn't.

actually, it's funny you should say that because it's the rightwingnut toons who keep posting rasmussen polls ...

they keep needing to be corrected for being hacks.

whatchagonnado? :dunno:

and i haven't seen much on the subject of obama being unbeatable. on the contrary, i've lost count of all the pathetic threads that seem so certain that romney has a guaranteed win.

Last edited:

It really isn't.

Watch and see what happens to Romney. Remember when McCain led in 2008?

Watch and learn.

In 2008, this country had suffered 8 years of Bush.... no one - other than the deluded - ever thought McCain was gonna win. This time is different.... it's taken Obama half the time to annoy twice as many people.

The reason the GOP nominated McCain is because the party had already written off 4 years to the Democrats.

Leading up to the 2008 election, were more than half the USMB posters deluded, or just liars?

I wasn't a member here at the time, but I lurked often, to see if it was worth joining. I saw a LOT of "Palin is gonna kick Obama's ass"-type posts. She was the Great White Hope.

Uhm. Yep. It wasn't exactly daunting stuff. :lol:
But it sure made a lot of fucking sense, didn't it!?!

I grant you leave to dislocate your own shoulder patting yourself on your own back!

For my part, I am not exactly persuaded by your "logic."

:cool:
I think the retired military angle and the cultist angle are legitimate. But Obama has probably lost NC due to the queer angle. Black NC-ers are just as fucking backward and ignorant as White NC-ers.

But the Bar-B-Q is good!

I think any poll taken before the first debate is crap.

For the most part, I agree. But when the butt rashes like Salt Peter and his liberal Democrat brothers and sisters constantly "assure" all the rest of us that the "race" is already effectively "over," I think the current mood (as reflected with some accuracy) in a present day poll MIGHT be instructive.

CLick on NC on the interactive map of present day electoral count (a map that presupposes the races state by state come out as indicated): When it turns RED, the race has tightened up NICELY.

And FLA is always dicey, but the President happens to suck dick at his job. SO if FLA goes red, too, (try it) the race is no longer such a fucking "gimmee" for the incumbent.

I'm not assuring anyone. I'm telling you that Romney doesn't have and won't have the electoral college votes to win. He doesn't have the organization and hasn't laid the ground work to get the vote out on election day and Obama is pulling in the big cash already.

It's not my fault if you are scared and too lazy to study the topic.
That's actually a very good point. Organization is so important.

Also, Team Obama has learned from Bush/Kerry: define Romney early.

I'm not assuring anyone. I'm telling you that Romney doesn't have and won't have the electoral college votes to win. He doesn't have the organization and hasn't laid the ground work to get the vote out on election day and Obama is pulling in the big cash already.

No. You're not "telling." You are merly asserting a profoundly ignorant (albeit form?) belief.

Thankfully, it is pretty clear that not only are you wrong, but you are becoming more and more wrong with each passing day.

You just can't face the fact that President Obama is a clusterfuck of fail.

You wingnuts keep saying that, but when asked for specifics, all you can come up with are items that fall under the powers of the House of Representatives. :lol:

It really isn't.

Well, what do you think the battle ground states are?

270towin.com has the following states are their battleground states:

NV
CO
IA
WI
OH
PA
NH
VA
NC
FL

I think that is pretty accurate although Wisconsin is not going to go Republican and Pennsylvania hasn't gone GOP since 1988 I think.

Anyway, that is what 270towin.com has. And I think it's pretty accurate.

When you get behind the main map though and look at the possible ways of winning for each party....you realize just how much of a problem Romney has on his hands.

The website came up with 72 combinations of states that will give Romney the victory. Of the 72 combos, 22 include PA which isn't going to happen. Of the 50 combos that are remaining, 13 have him requiring Wisconsin. Again; not likely to happen. Obama is huge there.

So that leaves 37 combinations and all of the remaining 37 have Romney winning at least 6 of the 10 states they deem as up for grabs.

Interestingly enough, they also have, in the 72 combinations that can make Romney the President Elect, 60 of them have him winning Florida which isn't a shoo-in for him either.

I think that at this stage it probably isn't the safest bet that Obama is going to win but I can't blame the media for reporting the truth because in this case, it is the truth that Romney will have to come up with some magic that he hasn't found in 8+ years to connect to voters.

It really isn't.

Meanwhile, given the same map, 2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College lists these as the top 3 scenarios where President Obama can maintain office:

Combinations

FL
+
PA
+ one of:
OH
NC
VA
WI
CO
IA
NV
NH

FL
+
OH
+ one of:
NC
VA
WI
CO
IA
NV

FL
+
NC
+ one of:
VA
WI
CO

3 combinations by which a win in Florida, one other large state and a flyover-state yields victory....not looking good for Romney.

The website came up with 72 combinations of states that will give Romney the victory. Of the 72 combos, 22 include PA which isn't going to happen. Of the 50 combos that are remaining, 13 have him requiring Wisconsin. Again; not likely to happen. Obama is huge there.

Romney has a very real chance of winning Pennsylvania and Wisconsin this year.

No. You're not "telling." You are merly asserting a profoundly ignorant (albeit form?) belief.

Thankfully, it is pretty clear that not only are you wrong, but you are becoming more and more wrong with each passing day.

You just can't face the fact that President Obama is a clusterfuck of fail.

Your statement proves your lack of knowledge. I am telling you facts, not beliefs. I know one day I will die. It hasn't happened yet, but it is a fact. It's not a belief. Just as the fact that Obama will win, is not a belief. The facts are that Obama will have more money, a vastly superior ground and web based organization and is a better campaigner. Plus the demographics are on his side.

You are more confident about that than I am, Salt.

obama has simply lost too many demographic groups to win. Whites, Christians, Jews, even blacks! He has no unifying message, the democrat party itself is falling apart. obama is going to lose and he's going to blame Biden.

He'll still win 95% of blacks and a majority of Jews, but he's hurting with middle class whites and that is what will cost him the election if he loses.
You both conveniently leave out:

Hispanics
Gays
Youth

Forum List

Back