🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel Needs a New Map

The history books I've read, recall a 19th century Palestine essentially raped, pillaged, and left to die by the Ottoman Empire. And then the Jews showed up.

I've never read of arabs being "displaced" by Jewish immigration. I HAVE read of native arabs more than happy to sell pieces of land to Jews for what can only be assumed to be fair market share (for arid, undeveloped desert, no less). This piece of information was from a book titled "Holy War for the Promised Land" by David Dolan...I don't know if it's "common knowledge".

One can be sure that if the Jews had "driven" the arabs out of Palestine, the history books would be full of it.

A couple of things:

"In 1920, the League of Nations' Interim Report on the Civil Administration of Palestine stated that there were hardly 700,000 people living in Palestine:

There are now in the whole of Palestine hardly 700,000 people, a population much less than that of the province of Gallilee alone in the time of Christ...The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews. In the following 30 years a few hundreds came to Palestine. Most of them were animated by religious motives; they came to pray and to die in the Holy Land, and to be buried in its soil. After the persecutions in Russia forty years ago, the movement of the Jews to Palestine assumed larger proportions. Jewish agricultural colonies were founded. They developed the culture of oranges and gave importance to the Jaffa orange trade. They cultivated the vine, and manufactured and exported wine. They drained swamps. They planted eucalyptus trees. They practised, with modern methods, all the processes of agriculture. There are at the present time 64 of these settlements, large and small, with a population of some 15,000."

And...

Robert F. Kennedy in his articles for "Boston Post" (June,3,1948) writes the following:

"The Jews point with pride to the fact that over 500,000 Arabs in the 12 years between 1932 and 1944, came into Palestine to take advantage of living conditions existing in no other Arab state. This is the only country in the Near and Middle East where an Arab middle class is in existence."

I think this speaks volumes. The arabs had a chance for peace and prosperity, f***ed it up, and will pay for it evermore.

The history books I've read, recall a 19th century Palestine essentially raped, pillaged, and left to die by the Ottoman Empire. And then the Jews showed up.

I've never read of arabs being "displaced" by Jewish immigration. I HAVE read of native arabs more than happy to sell pieces of land to Jews for what can only be assumed to be fair market share (for arid, undeveloped desert, no less). This piece of information was from a book titled "Holy War for the Promised Land" by David Dolan...I don't know if it's "common knowledge".

One can be sure that if the Jews had "driven" the arabs out of Palestine, the history books would be full of it.

A couple of things:

"In 1920, the League of Nations' Interim Report on the Civil Administration of Palestine stated that there were hardly 700,000 people living in Palestine:

There are now in the whole of Palestine hardly 700,000 people, a population much less than that of the province of Gallilee alone in the time of Christ...The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews. In the following 30 years a few hundreds came to Palestine. Most of them were animated by religious motives; they came to pray and to die in the Holy Land, and to be buried in its soil. After the persecutions in Russia forty years ago, the movement of the Jews to Palestine assumed larger proportions. Jewish agricultural colonies were founded. They developed the culture of oranges and gave importance to the Jaffa orange trade. They cultivated the vine, and manufactured and exported wine. They drained swamps. They planted eucalyptus trees. They practised, with modern methods, all the processes of agriculture. There are at the present time 64 of these settlements, large and small, with a population of some 15,000."

And...

Robert F. Kennedy in his articles for "Boston Post" (June,3,1948) writes the following:

"The Jews point with pride to the fact that over 500,000 Arabs in the 12 years between 1932 and 1944, came into Palestine to take advantage of living conditions existing in no other Arab state. This is the only country in the Near and Middle East where an Arab middle class is in existence."

I think this speaks volumes. The arabs had a chance for peace and prosperity, f***ed it up, and will pay for it evermore.
"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War."

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

How "f***ed" up was it a Jewish State emerged from those numbers?

A couple of things:

And...

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine and the 1948 Arab-Israeli War."

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

Not fucked up at all. The Palestinians initiated the civil war. Also , when Israel declared statehood , most of the 700 000 Fakestinians fled so they could make way for the invading Arab armies to drive the Jews to the sea. To their surprise, Israel won that war and captured more territory in the process. Maybe the Arabs should have accepted the partition plan. Too bad, they are the ones suffering

A couple of things:

And...

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

Not fucked up at all. The Palestinians initiated the civil war. Also , when Israel declared statehood , most of the 700 000 Fakestinians fled so they could make way for the invading Arab armies to drive the Jews to the sea. To their surprise, Israel won that war and captured more territory in the process. Maybe the Arabs should have accepted the partition plan. Too bad, they are the ones suffering
650,000 Jews initiated civil war when they inflicted a Zionist state on 1.2 million Arabs.

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

You're right, that was my mistake. I assumed your issue was with the original Jewish immigration.

The reason I assumed that, is because no arab apologist in their right mind uses the 1948 war as a bludgeoning stick for the negation of an Israeli state. The original partition plan called for the two semi-autonomous entities to live side by side, in (theoretical) peace. When unilateral arab aggression threw all of that out the window, it was time to take sides.

But the arab apologists want Israel to "play by the rules", don't they. "Violations of international law!", they cry. But it is war...war by their hand...that initiated all of this. And their "laws" and "rules" have official charters calling for "casting the Jews into the sea" and such. Sorry, but you waive the right to diplomatic solutions to save your hide, when you eschewed them in favor of war.

What's next? "Palestinians"? The ones that had a reasonable shot at their own land after the war, but wouldn't stop their jihad against both Israelis AND Jordanians, and so Jordan washed their hands to all of it? Refugees were massacred by the thousands by Jordanian hands, and no one seems to care about that (and I'm not saying it was justifiable or not, just saying it's conveniently not an issue to the arab apologists).

Israel capturing the West Bank was a huge gamble, but it was unavoidable. It was an arab staging ground for war. Hell, it was a war zone while under Jordanian occupation. Damned if you do, dead if you don't.

There's a lot of talk of Israel having to supply the answers, but if just one arab apologist would just pony up and say, "You know, I know the arabs caused all of this...but we're desperate, and need the Israelis help", it would probably go a long way with people, both on the political front, and on the grassroots PR front.

Last edited:

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

650,000 Jews initiated civil war when they inflicted a Zionist state on 1.2 million Arabs.
Georgie lied again. The civil war started becauseof the partition plan. Read up on the civil war in Mandatory Palestine

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

You're right, that was my mistake. I assumed your issue was with the original Jewish immigration.

The reason I assumed that, is because no arab apologist in their right mind uses the 1948 war as a bludgeoning stick for the negation of an Israeli state. The original partition plan called for the two semi-autonomous entities to live side by side, in (theoretical) peace. When unilateral arab aggression threw all of that out the window, it was time to take sides.

But the arab apologists want Israel to "play by the rules", don't they. "Violations of international law!", they cry. But it is war...war by their hand...that initiated all of this. And their "laws" and "rules" have official charters calling for "casting the Jews into the sea" and such. Sorry, but you waive the right to diplomatic solutions to save your hide, when you eschewed them in favor of war.

What's next? "Palestinians"? The ones that had a reasonable shot at their own land after the war, but wouldn't stop their jihad against both Israelis AND Jordanians, and so Jordan washed their hands to all of it? Refugees were massacred by the thousands by Jordanian hands, and no one seems to care about that (and I'm not saying it was justifiable or not, just saying it's conveniently not an issue to the arab apologists).

Israel capturing the West Bank was a huge gamble, but it was unavoidable. It was an arab staging ground for war. Hell, it was a war zone while under Jordanian occupation. Damned if you do, dead if you don't.

There's a lot of talk of Israel having to supply the answers, but if just one arab apologist would just pony up and say, "You know, I know the arabs caused all of this...but we're desperate, and need the Israelis help", it would probably go a long way with people, both on the political front, and on the grassroots PR front.
The Arabs "didn't cause all this" anymore than they caused the holocaust:

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

Thousands of European Jews fleeing persecution flooded Palestine at the behest of the British Empire at the same time the Empire was switching from coal to oil to power its fleets.

Post '67 hundreds of thousands of "Jews" fleeing Soviet persecution built dozens of illegal settlements in the Occupied Territories in defiance of international law.

Apologists for Israel never seem to notice how Israel would not even exist in its present form without superpowers like the UK before WWII and the US post WWII backing its settler-colonialist policies.

1948 Mandate Palestine.
650,000 Jews.
1.2 million Arabs.

The Arabs "didn't cause all this" anymore than they caused the holocaust:

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

Thousands of European Jews fleeing persecution flooded Palestine at the behest of the British Empire at the same time the Empire was switching from coal to oil to power its fleets.

Post '67 hundreds of thousands of "Jews" fleeing Soviet persecution built dozens of illegal settlements in the Occupied Territories in defiance of international law.

Apologists for Israel never seem to notice how Israel would not even exist in its present form without superpowers like the UK before WWII and the US post WWII backing its settler-colonialist policies.
The Arab League never, never, never causes "anything." Shit just happens and the evil Jews are to blame. Solves that matter.

That strawman has no significance whatsoever in regards to your original argument/discussion; it's just sour grapes veiled as...I'm not sure what, exactly. No Jew or non-Jew would argue against your position.

The point, is that the "superpowers" provided for the arabs as well. But they got greedy. And now they want Israel to pay for their greed. That's it. That is the narrative.

That strawman has no significance whatsoever in regards to your original argument/discussion; it's just sour grapes veiled as...I'm not sure what, exactly. No Jew or non-Jew would argue against your position.

The point, is that the "superpowers" provided for the arabs as well. But they got greedy. And now they want Israel to pay for their greed. That's it. That is the narrative.
Point out any Arab state receiving $8 million a day from the US taxpayers.

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine..."

Then show us how the civil and religious rights of existing non_Jewish communities in Palestine haven't been trampled by the "creeping annexation" of Zionist settler-colonialists since the beginning of the 20th Century.

Sir Ronald Storrs can probably explain greed to you. as well:

"Sir Ronald Storrs, the first Governor of Jerusalem, certainly had no illusions about what a 'Jewish homeland' in Palestine meant for the British Empire: 'It will form for England,” he said, 'a little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism.'"

Israel was created by western imperialism to assist in the control of Arab oil.
When Arab oil becomes obsolete, so does the Jewish State.

Divide and Conquer as Imperial Rules | FPIF

Last edited:
wrong again Georgie-----in fact Israel as a viable society existed by the beginning of the
third quarter of the 19th century----ie circa 1875-----keep in mind by that time
THE LAND OF ISRAEL --to wit eretz yisrael---was already founding cities----Rishon L'tzion--
Tel Aviv----schools, hospitals and even universities-----all unknown in "palestine"
before DA JOOOOOS RETURNED -----that return NOT MEDIATED by the BRITS---or any
other 'europeans' -----but by the OWNERS OF THE CALIPHATE---to wit --THE OTTOMAN
EMPIRE which was eager to sell land to jews-------it was a lot more
profitable than dealing with arab squatters who did not even pay taxes-----well
-------dems da breaks

How many Jews lived in the LAND OF ISRAEL in 1875?
What percentage of the land did they control?
Did they mark their doors with blood to ward off Arafat?
Why, Georgie Boy, I would think that your beloved Wikipedia would have given you all these answers.

Why, Georgie Boy, I would think that your beloved Wikipedia would have given you all these answers.
What's your problem with Wiki, Hossie, not enough advertisements?

What's your problem with Wiki, Hossie, not enough advertisements?
Why, Georgie Boy, the way you keep on pulling up Wikipedia for so much of your information, one would think that it is absolutely the best for information on any subject in the world. Guess you couldn't find anything in it about the early Christians being violent, could you? Poor you, Wikipedia failed you this time. Actually, Georgie Boy doesn't pay attention to advertisements since he is not in the market to buy anything. He just runs down to the local supermarket to read the comic books for free.

georgephillip, et al,

Cut to the quick.

(COMMENT)

I'm not sure that anyone really knows the 1875 figures. Modern census techniques didn't begin until the early 20th Century, especially in the Middle East controlled by the Ottoman Empire (in decline). But I'm sure there were more Arab Muslims than non-Muslim Jewish. Some pro-Palestinian sites estimate that by 1922 (Mandate year) the population was between 10%-to-12% Jewish.

The Jewish Agency received about 56% of the of the remaining Mandate (less Trans-Jordan independence allotted in 1946), or approximately 13% of the overall original mandate. (Today's Israel/West Bank/Gaza Strip comprised 23% of the original Palestine Mandate territory and (Trans) Jordan comprised 77%; not including Jerusalem).

(SIDEBAR)

As you may have noticed, I have discussed with another couple members of this Discussion Group, in a number of different ways, the cause of the partition consequence. They made a number of different accusations and assertions pertaining to the reasons for the disparate impact (Jewish 'v' Arab/Palestinian). While they have researched, apparently on-line, almost exclusively, commentaries on the extreme left and extreme right, they are missing critical skills relative to investigative techniques that set the stage for the outcome (motive). Consider for a moment, the following: (Please examine the sources cited, to get an improved understanding of the excerpt.)

Contradictory assurances - Self-Determination -- [B said:
Alleged[/B] Balfour Statement of 1919]

In a 1919 memorandum he wrote as a Cabinet Minister, Balfour wrote of these contradictory assurances as follows:

The contradiction between the letter of the Covenant is even more flagrant in the case of the independent nation of Palestine than in that of the independent nation of Syria. For in Palestine we do not propose even to go through the form of consulting the wishes of the present inhabitants of the country, though the American Commission has been going through the forms of asking what they are. The four great powers are committed to Zionism and Zionism, be it right or wrong, good or bad, is rooted in age-long tradition, in present needs, in future hopes, of far profounder importance than the desire and prejudices of the 700,000 Arabs who now inhabit that ancient land. In my opinion, that is right.[5]​
------------ AND ------------
. . . in Palestine we do not propose even to go through the form of consulting the wishes of the present inhabitants of the country . . . The Four Great Powers are committed to Zionism. And Zionism, be it right or wrong, good or bad, is rooted in age long traditions, in present needs, in future hopes, of far profounder import than the desires and prejudices of the 700,000 Arabs who now inhabit that ancient land. (Khalidi 1971, 208)

SOURCEs: Multiple

(OPINION)

Remembering that the elder statesmen of the era, like Lord Balfour (whether the allegation of the writing is true or not) , were shaped by 19th Century thinking and opinions. They represented the Allied Powers of the day, victorious (ending the war to end all wars) and the leaders/shapers of the new century that had been steeped in war. As Lord Balfour intimated, opening a time of new political-military adventures. They saw the Arab as desert bedouins and quasi-nomadic tribesmen of the desert regions with little knowledge or understanding of the complexities and emerging technologies of the day (does this sound the least bit familiar). And even today, the Arab/Palestinian is not yet capable of understanding that the ideas of universal principles, then new, were not truly embraced; a new experiment in global interaction. The idealism of today cannot be retroactively applied to the application to the circumstances of nearly a century ago. They simply did not believe these that everyone was ready for these new concepts. Clearly not the backward population of Middle East.

Did the the Palestinian have the "right to self-determination?" Not really. It was up to the more experienced and enlightened Principle Allied Powers to determine what was best for the people of the broken and defeated Ottoman Empire. That was the purpose of the Mandate and a Mandatory that would have full powers of legislation (laws) and of administration (governmental function oversight). The Arab/Palestinian had not yet reached the "stage of development where their existence as independent nations can be provisionally recognized" (Article 22, LoN Covenant). And the outbreak of hostilities, the anti-Government terrorism, and the constant uprising and violence only further bolstered the belief that they were not yet past the barbarism of the desert dwellers and ready to independently join the community of the league. Even today, the Arab/Palestinian, while citing modern laws and principles, still advocates right of national liberation movements to use force in their struggle for self-determination. But it is self defeating, in that it further proves the lack of evolutionary progress and their inability to settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered (exactly what Lord Balfour is alleged to be concerned about).

(DISSENTING OPINION)

I am certainly aware that Goldstone report has this unfortunate phasing pertaining to the "right to resist." And many interpret this as a right to "armed struggle, terrorism, and anti-government activity." This is not a correct interpretation. In the same report, Goldstone clearly indicates that resistance has consequence.

Para 1875 said:
The international community as well as Israel and, to the extent determined by their authority and means, Palestinian authorities, have the responsibility to protect victims of violations and ensure that they do not continue to suffer the scourge of war or the oppression and humiliations of occupation or indiscriminate rocket attacks. People of Palestine have the right to freely determine their own political and economic system, including the right to resist forcible deprivation of their right to self-determination and the right to live, in peace and freedom, in their own State. The people of Israel have the right to live in peace and security. Both peoples are entitled to justice in accordance with international law.

Paragraph 1951 said:
The Mission concludes that the rocket and mortars attacks, launched by Palestinian armed groups operating from Gaza, have caused terror in the affected communities of southern Israel. The attacks have caused loss of life and physical and mental injury to civilians as well as damaging private houses, religious buildings and property, and eroded the economic and cultural life of the affected communities and severely affected economic and social rights of the population.

1953 said:
The Mission also examined whether the Palestinian armed groups complied with their obligations under international humanitarian law to take constant care to minimize the risk of harm to the civilian population in Gaza among whom the hostilities were being conducted. The conduct of hostilities in built-up areas does not, of itself, constitute a violation of international law. However, launching attacks - whether of rockets and mortars at the population of southern Israel or at the Israeli armed forces inside Gaza - close to civilian or protected buildings constitutes a failure to take all feasible precautions. In cases where this occurred, the Palestinian armed groups would have unnecessarily exposed the civilian population of Gaza to the inherent dangers of the military operations taking place around them. The Mission found no evidence to suggest that Palestinian armed groups either directed civilians to areas where attacks were being launched or that they forced civilians to remain within the vicinity of the attacks. The Mission also found no evidence that members of Palestinian armed groups engaged in combat in civilian dress. Although in the one incident of an Israeli attack on a mosque it investigated the Mission found that there was no indication that that mosque was used for military purposes or to shield military activities, the Mission cannot exclude that this might have occurred in other cases.

SOURCE: United Nations Fact Finding Mission on the Gaza conflict

While Goldstone Report does nothing to promote peace, or promote the tenants of the Charter or the Principles for the maintenance of international peace and security and for the development of Friendly relations and Co-operation among States (DECLARATION ON PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL LAW FRIENDLY RELATIONS AND CO), it is a must reading to understand the outcomes that gradually developed over time.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Forum List

Back