Israel reaches deal with Hamas

As I said, optimistic. I think Noah Rothman’s prediction is more likely: “The Jewish state will be blamed for not deferring to the elementary logic of hostage-taking and extending the cease-fire indefinitely. Israel will be blamed for retaliating against trigger-happy terrorists, who can’t be expected to observe the terms of the cease-fire at all operational levels.”

We should also note this chilling detail in the negotiations:

Israel believes Hamas could potentially locate some 30 more Israeli women and children beyond the initial 50, and that the halt in fighting could be extended by a day for each group of 10 more Israeli hostages who are located and freed, the government official said. Hamas is claiming it cannot immediately track down around 10 children taken from Israel during its October 7 onslaught.

How the hell do you misplace ten child hostages?

^
It is not much of an exaggeration to say that almost everything Hamas does is a war crime. Just about every choice Hamas leaders make blurs the distinction between themselves and the Palestinian civilians they claim to be fighting for, and maximizes the chances of Palestinian civilian casualties instead of minimizing them. Hamas’s philosophy is abundantly clear: a belief that a lot of dead Palestinian civilians is worth it if it gets Israel denounced on the world stage. (The world stage, infuriatingly, plays along almost every time, blaming Israel and hand-waving away Hamas’s role.)

There is no conceivable peaceful coexistence with Hamas, any more than there could have been any peaceful coexistence with al-Qaeda or ISIS. The entire purpose of the organization is the destruction of innocent civilians that it deems its enemies. We can welcome the release of some hostages and the temporary respite in the fighting to help bring in humanitarian relief. But the overall task, needed for a safer world, remains.

Yo, bunny has been screwing up in the economy come on policy and everything a broken clock is right once a day.

But let’s not believe this rare victory today makes Biden a good candidate.

Yes, this is huge but he needs to be consistent and he hasn’t so far.

My opinion

All hostages, or their bodies, returned prior to any discussion.

depending on how the hostages died decides how much more retaliation Hamas gets.

^^^ This. Reagan set a very bad precedent when he decided to give those Mullahs in Iran blow jobs instead of treating them like the terrorists they are; now the entire ME thinks America is a weak and it's open season on us and any allies dumb enough to still believe we will back them up any more. Obama and Biden are finishing off what Reagan started, the destruction of any consensus in the West on anything. Putin is dancing in the streets over his future easy win.

The piece of shit Hamas leader who planned the massacre and kidnappings is himself a 'released prisoner' from a few years ago. We can now wonder how much Biden is planning to give away that will make sure terrorism remains lucrative and beneficial to our enemies. He will no doubt find easy to find just enough Republican votes to make it pay very well, as will Putin when he needs their help in killing off a few million Ukrainians.

They need to just kill 100 terrorists held in prison a day until Hamas releases theirs, after executing 1,400 as payback for the massacres on Oct. 7.

Everything has been postponed until Friday

"The deal to exchange a pause in the Gaza war for the release of some 98 women and children was delayed by a day and is now expected to go into effect on Friday due to a last-minute complication."

Gaza war pause, hostage deal delayed until Friday​

As part of the deal, Israel and Hamas agreed to pause fighting in Gaza for four or more days, while Israel will also allow additional deliveries of aid, including fuel, into Gaza via a border crossing with Egypt, people familiar with the deal said. This deal would see Israeli women and children released in exchange for 150 Palestinian women and minors held in Israeli prisons, the people said.

It's taking so long because Hamas will not talk to Israel. Any deals for hostages will have to be brokered through third parties.

Netanyahu has a 75% disapproval rating with Israelis, and they blame him for not protecting their families when the attack came. He has more support with Republicans than he does Israelis. The families of the hostages don't care about, or give him any points at all for his quest for vengeance.

And as far as most Israelis are concerned, Evangelical Christians can take their second coming of Jesus, and stick it up their asses.
And as far as most Israelis are concerned, Evangelical Christians can take their second coming of Jesus, and stick it up their asses.

I dont think you speak for most Israeli’s

Everything has been postponed until Friday

"The deal to exchange a pause in the Gaza war for the release of some 98 women and children was delayed by a day and is now expected to go into effect on Friday due to a last-minute complication."

Gaza war pause, hostage deal delayed until Friday​

There’s a conflicting count in this article. It opens by talking about all 40 children (the monsters took 40 little ones!) and 58 women for a total of 98, and then later refers to releasing 50 hostages (which is what all the reports I have heard have said).

There’s a conflicting count in this article. It opens by talking about all 40 children (the monsters took 40 little ones!) and 58 women for a total of 98, and then later refers to releasing 50 hostages (which is what all the reports I have heard have said).

We'll have to wait and see...hope for the best.

Jewish Israelis of course don’t give a hoot about the Jesus stuff, but they are grateful for the support of their land by Evangelical Christians. Better than the hatefest by the Democrat atheists!

Israel-Hamas hostage deal delayed until Friday, Israeli official says​

The release of hostages, along with a four-day cease-fire, was originally set to begin Thursday morning. A spokesperson for the U.S. National Security Council stressed that the delay did not indicate the deal was in peril.

Netanyahu in negative disapproval ratings with most Israelis

Most American Jews vote Democratic

Most Israeli Jews, and American jews support the Palestinian people

That must really hurt

Forum List

Back