Israel to pay students to defend it online

Status
Not open for further replies.

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is looking to hire university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks — without needing to identify themselves as government-linked, officials said Wednesday.

The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement Wednesday that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials.

"This is a groundbreaking project aimed at strengthening Israeli national diplomacy and adapting it to changes in information consumption," the statement said.
-----------------
Israel isn't the only country to set up such a system. In China, members of the so-caled "fifty cent army" sprinkle positive, pro-government messages across the web and social media.

Birds of a feather...

How many Propaganda arms does one small country need, and why.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is looking to hire university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks — without needing to identify themselves as government-linked, officials said Wednesday.

The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement Wednesday that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials.

"This is a groundbreaking project aimed at strengthening Israeli national diplomacy and adapting it to changes in information consumption," the statement said.
-----------------
Israel isn't the only country to set up such a system. In China, members of the so-caled "fifty cent army" sprinkle positive, pro-government messages across the web and social media.

Birds of a feather...

As much as possible. So people can get the truth because there is far too much ignorance out there, and from many on this board. This is welcome news.

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

Well duh-uh...just take a look at the onslaught of Israel hating posts in this forum and then ask yourself the question again. Hopefully some of those students will show up here and make mincemeat of the ilk.

Paid propagda shills, working on behalf of Israel?

Excellent.

That'll help make up for all the paid shills and amateur-hour volunteers that the Palestinians are using. :lol:

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

kafka would love the jewish state...LOL.

here we have meir panim on every major newspaper begging for food money to feed starving israeli children while the jewish states spends money to hire students to defend what amounts to be an indefensible position.

these people's desperation is palpable and they have absolutely no idea what is going on. they do not have any idea what they are doing wrong.

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

So what? There are so many lies about Isreal out there, it's enemies don't care about truth, why not pay people to fight the lies? I'd do it if they asked and I'm not Jewish.

I think it is about time they caught onto the idea of confronting propagandists rather than ignoring it. The bottom line is Israel is facing an information war the same as we are here in America. The Islamists churn out lies like butter ( al takeyya ) and no one challenges them. No one but the bloggers.

It is by challenging their lies and exposing their lies with the truth that others are informed about who the aggressors are. Most of the bloggers I knew years ago for Israel are still writing today. They know their stuff.

I think Israel should let the people who know the ins and outs of blogging come in and give talks on how to navigate on message boards. Experience counts. Teaching them how to work as a team. How to hold a team together when a fight erupts, etc. Networking, role playing - how to profile, how to set the bait and take down a radical - there is so much to teach them - turning in radicals -do's and don'ts - building a relationship with terrorism task force in your area - that sort of thing.. I'm glad to hear that Israel is finally doing this. Wonderful news. - Jeremiah

They have to pay these students?!

It's a job. They will have to do it about 12 hours a day to really break in and get inside of what is going on out there. If they are effective they will get cloaked threats on the message boards by the ones that are a problem. If they are really effective they will drive them to the surface and they'll start receiving death threats by email. Then you've got their IP - their photograph - terrorism task force with take it from there -

You cannot learn in a classroom all of their propaganda tactics or lies they put out there. It's something that is learned along the way. I think it is worth paying them. Yes. They are going to have to spend many hours to hone their skill and if they are really good they will be capturing the terrorists online - they'll learn where they hide and chat and will perfect how to go in undetected and gather information.

They are definitely valuable assets and should be paid accordingly.

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

So what? There are so many lies about Isreal out there, it's enemies don't care about truth, why not pay people to fight the lies? I'd do it if they asked and I'm not Jewish.

Why would there be more "lies" about Israel than any other country?

It's a job. They will have to do it about 12 hours a day to really break in and get inside of what is going on out there. If they are effective they will get cloaked threats on the message boards by the ones that are a problem. If they are really effective they will drive them to the surface and they'll start receiving death threats by email. Then you've got their IP - their photograph - terrorism task force with take it from there -

You cannot learn in a classroom all of their propaganda tactics or lies they put out there. It's something that is learned along the way. I think it is worth paying them. Yes. They are going to have to spend many hours to hone their skill and if they are really good they will be capturing the terrorists online - they'll learn where they hide and chat and will perfect how to go in undetected and gather information.

LOL...what i'm hearing you say is "don't trust jews. they are conniving liars out to entrap people and make money doing it".

what the hell is wrong with you people. i swear, you come up with the most absolutely stupid ideas. do you actually think it will enhance israel's reputation to have to pay people to promote it.

be my guest.

Paid propagandists?

Why not?

We pay people to propagandize for the United States, don't we?

Ever hear of Radio Free Europe? Voice of America? The professional staff behind the Obama Internet Campaign of 2008?

Just think of it as 'guerrilla marketing'...
wink_smile.gif

The mix of volunteers and paid folk doesn't really matter a damn.

Nothing new and exciting here.

Dog bites man.

Last edited:

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

Because that is how Islamists steal land. They lie and claim it's theirs. Rewriting history is as easy as claiming youre the long lost palestinian people while having no history of the name prior to 1960.

This is how it was done in Bangaladesh, Kashmir, etc. Now their trying to stake their claim on Jerusalem. Nothing new under the sun. It's time Israel educated the next generation on how to fight in the information war. It's a good strategy.

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

Islamic organizations many of which are considered terrorist by the US and Europeans such as Hamas and Hezbollah, are already doing that. Israel is behind the curve on this one. It's about time.

Last edited:

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

Muslims keep their people busy and fixated on these lies, while their leaders oppress and steal from the people. Anti Semites across the world join in as well.

LOL...what i'm hearing you say is "don't trust jews. they are conniving liars out to entrap people and make money doing it".

what the hell is wrong with you people. i swear, you come up with the most absolutely stupid ideas. do you actually think it will enhance israel's reputation to have to pay people to promote it.

be my guest.

Why am I not surprised, Seal? How long have you been churning out the lies for propagandists? What is it? 12 yrs now? Or 15? I forget. In this information warfare the ONLY ONES you CAN TRUST are the Jews and those who are fighting alongside of them. Which is why this news disturbs you so much. ha! ha!

It is a brilliant idea - it will increase the effectiveness of Israel being able to get the truth out there and for those who wish to go further and find the bad guys - why not?

Listen, in my book, anything goes. Whatever it takes. My hero used to throw on a burka, wear a camera and videotape radical islamist meetings at the Marriot Hotel - then turn the videos over to the FBI. She was fluent in both Hebrew and Arabic and and gathering info was as easy as shooting fish in a barrel for that gal. Brilliant under cover.

In the end, she was the one who brought down the Holy Land Foundation - 108 charges - 108 guilty - verdict.

I see protecting innocent citizens is not high on your list of priorities, Seal. Then again...

it never was.

- Jeri

Their idea, Roudy, of people "behaving" is keeping their mouths shut. We see how that worked out for the passengers aboard the planes that flew into the twin towers on 9/11.

It would be wise for all americans and Israelis to fight the information war - with pay for these trained students - they can focus on getting the job done and not lose time off the net.

Notice who is opposed to this idea. LOL! You just cannot make it up. I'm telling you.

Last edited:
Here is a cute little story that depicts the heart of an Israel blogger.

This man noticed a neighbors son sitting in his dugout watching his team getting beat. The score was 36 - visitors - home team - 0.

The man said to the boy, "Well, son, looks like your team has lost".

The boy exclaimed, Oh! No! Sir! My team hasn't gotten up to bat yet!

All we can see - Is VICTORY.

- Jeri

for some peoples, loyalty and love of country has a price tag.

i can see them lining up by freeway entrances holding pieces of cardboard..."will sell my soul for food money."

This from the man who sees nothing wrong with palestinians selling their children to suicide vests and terrorists for monetary gain. Oh! The Irony! Pass the popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back