Israel to pay students to defend it online

Status
Not open for further replies.
"do you actually think it will enhance israel's reputation to have to pay people to promote it."

There ya go, sealie - from your post #12. If Israel 'has to' pay, it means people would not do it *unless* paid.

"your whine about "you people" is generally offensive to homogenous ethnic or religious groups and not heterogenous groups linked by a common politicasl belie."

It was a polite request: I could show everyone what a 'whine' looks like, but then I try to avoid quoting your postings : )) That rant about how people 'thanked' my post but not yours the other day, now that was a classic!

But I digress: the government of Israel is the 'group' which decided to pay those kids. Nobody here works for the government of Israel (that I know of) - so the 'you people' addressing posters here was out of place, inaccurate, and a misrepresentation.

The whole of the Jewish people does not speak for Israel, nor does Israel necessarily speak for the whole of the Jewish people. We are *connected*: we are not *interchangeable*

I think it's wonderful too.

You look how much hatred, and untrue anti-Israel, proganda which is spread online.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is looking to hire university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks — without needing to identify themselves as government-linked, officials said Wednesday.

The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement Wednesday that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials.

"This is a groundbreaking project aimed at strengthening Israeli national diplomacy and adapting it to changes in information consumption," the statement said.
-----------------
Israel isn't the only country to set up such a system. In China, members of the so-caled "fifty cent army" sprinkle positive, pro-government messages across the web and social media.

Birds of a feather...

How many Propaganda arms does one small country need, and why.

So what? There are so many lies about Isreal out there, it's enemies don't care about truth, why not pay people to fight the lies? I'd do it if they asked and I'm not Jewish.

Why would there be more "lies" about Israel than any other country?

Because a lot of arabs with lots and lots of money want to destroy Israel because it exists.

"do you actually think it will enhance israel's reputation to have to pay people to promote it."

There ya go, sealie - from your post #12. If Israel 'has to' pay, it means people would not do it *unless* paid.

it means no such thing.

it means israel has to pay some people to support her due to a lack of promotion otherwise.

it doesn't mean that no one does it voluntairily, darlin'. i am sure some people do.

read the article.

Again, this IN RESPONSE TO the lies and false propaganda that has and is being spread about Israel. Is anybody claiming that Islamists and neo Nazis haven't already been doing this for years if not decades? Really? :cuckoo:

sealadaigh, et al,

I listen and learn from everyone, an judge the content on its merit; yours included.

the really funny subject is your use of conservapedia as though it were some sort of legitimate source...

true colours, rocco?
(COMMENT)

Even an opponent can make a good point. Anytime you see me post inaccurate information, call me on it. Truth is were you find it.

Most Respectfully,
R

sealadaigh, et al,

I listen and learn from everyone, an judge the content on its merit; yours included.

the really funny subject is your use of conservapedia as though it were some sort of legitimate source...

true colours, rocco?
(COMMENT)

Even an opponent can make a good point. Anytime you see me post inaccurate information, call me on it. Truth is were you find it.

Most Respectfully,
R

some would suggest that such a statement indicates that you believe conservapedia is some kind of purveyor of truth, i.e. facts.

i imagine i can find some truth on sites such as stormfront intermingled with a lot of hate and bigotry and i also imagine that i would be dismissed outright, and rightfully so, were i to use that site.

i think also, you will find far more zionist posters using propaganda and questionable sites than you will find pro-palestinians posters doing the same.

I tell you what the day I think that there are paid posters on this board is the day I leave. Shouldn't really be all that hard to see.

i can't imagine the administrators allowing such a thing as it would, in essence, destroy the board.

i don't see how they can prevent it other than the extreme meausre of banning ISPs by countru, if that is possible.

it really does show how desperate israel is, not to mention dishonest, to consider such a thing.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is looking to hire university students to post pro-Israel messages on social media networks — without needing to identify themselves as government-linked, officials said Wednesday.

The Israeli prime minister's office said in a statement Wednesday that students on Israeli university campuses would receive full or partial scholarships to combat anti-Semitism and calls to boycott Israel online. It said students' messages would parallel statements by government officials.

"This is a groundbreaking project aimed at strengthening Israeli national diplomacy and adapting it to changes in information consumption," the statement said.
-----------------
Israel isn't the only country to set up such a system. In China, members of the so-caled "fifty cent army" sprinkle positive, pro-government messages across the web and social media.

Birds of a feather...

From your link:

"An Israeli official said Wednesday that scholarship recipients would be free to decide whether or not to identify themselves as part of the program, which would begin within months.

"Everyone who believes in the cause, and wants to join, can join," he told The Associated Press.

"He said the office was looking to budget $778,000 for the project, and that the national Israeli student association would select participants from a pool of applicants."

So, will everyone who believes in the cau$e of Greater Israel be willing to reveal the $ource of their of their $ympathy?

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

From your link:

"An Israeli official said Wednesday that scholarship recipients would be free to decide whether or not to identify themselves as part of the program, which would begin within months.

"Everyone who believes in the cause, and wants to join, can join," he told The Associated Press.

"He said the office was looking to budget $778,000 for the project, and that the national Israeli student association would select participants from a pool of applicants."

So, will everyone who believes in the cau$e of Greater Israel be willing to reveal the $ource of their of their $ympathy?

LOL...watch the flood of denials. they've already started.

I tell you what the day I think that there are paid posters on this board is the day I leave. Shouldn't really be all that hard to see.

i can't imagine the administrators allowing such a thing as it would, in essence, destroy the board.

i don't see how they can prevent it other than the extreme meausre of banning ISPs by countru, if that is possible.

it really does show how desperate israel is, not to mention dishonest, to consider such a thing.

Not to mention that there are more ads pimping Israel than all other countries combined.

sealadaigh, et al,

Again, you judge the content. If the content of a particular citation is true, then it is true no matter who says it.

true colours, rocco?
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

some would suggest that such a statement indicates that you believe conservapedia is some kind of purveyor of truth, i.e. facts.

i imagine i can find some truth on sites such as stormfront intermingled with a lot of hate and bigotry and i also imagine that i would be dismissed outright, and rightfully so, were i to use that site.

i think also, you will find far more zionist posters using propaganda and questionable sites than you will find pro-palestinians posters doing the same.
(COMMENT)

I'm not sure my findings are the same. I disagree with our friend P F Tinmore about 90% of the time. I believe he would say the same about me. But I've hardly ever challenged his sources and I would say that he seldom challenges mind (as they are mostly official sources).

Use of a specific site means nothing. It is the information you glean from that site that is important. If you cannot digest and analyze the information on its own merit, then you are not using your critical thinking skills. Just because I did not cite Cyberspace and Information Warfare Center or CHAPTER 12 Propaganda Analysis and Counterpropaganda, --->JP 3-13, Information Operations, 27 November 2012 , which support that excerpt, doesn't mean it is less true or invalid.

Most Respectfully,
R

-----------------

Birds of a feather...

From your link:

LOL...watch the flood of denials. they've already started.

"The hasbara brigade strikes again! You always hear about Israeli attempts at media manipulation. Everyone knows it's going on but usually the process happens through cyber insurgents like those involved with Giyus (and its media monitoring software, Megaphone).

"Now, we know that the Israeli foreign ministry itself is orchestrating propaganda efforts designed to flood news websites with pro-Israel arguments and information."

Israel is watching the world turn its back, and it thinks more propaganda will fend off the inevitable FLUSH.

Richard Silverstein: The Israeli foreign ministry itself is asking volunteers to flood news websites with pro-Israel arguments and information | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back