Israel Violating US Sanctions on Russia?

Israel and Russia:

"Six months ago, after Vladimir Putin annexed part of Ukraine, President Obama authorized sanctions against Russia. 'The basic principles that govern relations between nations in Europe and around the world must be upheld in the 21st century,' said Obama. 'That includes respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity—the notion that nations do not simply redraw borders or make decisions at the expense of their neighbors simply because they are larger or more powerful.'

"The United States has defended that principle in Ukraine and Iraq: You can’t use force to grab territory or change borders.

"But Israel, a U.S. ally, continues to violate the rule.

"This weekend, Israel claimed yet more Palestinian territory: nearly 1,000 acres, its biggest land grab in 30 years."

Israel rsquo s illegal land grab in West Bank The Israeli rationale is no different than Vladimir Putin rsquo s in Ukraine.

George. Israel owns .04% of the middle east and the Muslims own the other 99.96%. Why? Because Israel is not living on all the land that is part of Isaacs inheritance. Others have been grabbing Israeli land through very devious methods and it is all going to come down to one big final outcome. Which the enemies of Israel will not like at all. But when you keep ignoring warning after warning? That is what happens.

"The Hamas charter, of course, does more than just reject Israel as a sovereign political entity. It’s a vile document that echoes some of the worst anti-Semitic tropes of the modern era.

"But on the central question of one side denying the other’s legitimacy — it’s hard to ignore the symmetry between Likud – the party of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu – and Hamas."

The Hateful Likud Charter Calls for Destruction of Any Palestinian State Informed Comment

Hamas is a terrorist organization that has called for the destruction of Israel. They are the US State Dept.s' foreign Terrorist organization list, George. Why are you equating Hamas with someone legitimate? That does not even make sense! It's like discussing the political opinion of Charles Manson vs. the US House of Representatives. You're way out in left field, George. Way out.

I think there is way too much craziness going on in the Middle East. America too. Face it, we're all screwed if some sane people don't start getting involved. Too many bombs going off. I don't want Israel getting nuked either.
The U.S. needs to retrieve their equipment from the M.E. because it's being not being used for its intended purpose...and kill the terrorists. But the word terrorist doesn't include "foe" just because a government says so.

Well I would think the word terrorists means those who have been running around killing the Yazidis, the Christians and the Muslims of sects that they don't like. And I think the civilized world would consider them foes of innocent human beings who are being murdered..

The civilized world does consider them foes of innocent human beings who are being murdered. The problem, Sally, is that not all human beings are civilized these days. Some have lost their conscience and some have buried their conscience due to peer pressure and other lame excuses men come up with for siding with Muslim terrorists in the Middle East who are beheading children even. It is most likely due to cowardice but what coward will admit it?

I think there is way too much craziness going on in the Middle East. America too. Face it, we're all screwed if some sane people don't start getting involved. Too many bombs going off. I don't want Israel getting nuked either.
The U.S. needs to retrieve their equipment from the M.E. because it's being not being used for its intended purpose...and kill the terrorists. But the word terrorist doesn't include "foe" just because a government says so.

I don't think you "think" at all, Forester. You appear to be determined "Not to think" and I find that all too common with those who are accusing Israel these days. I suppose condemning the evidence without examining it will keep your kind in eternal ignorance but I must warn you that ignorance is not bliss. That is a myth. Here is another myth for you. Pulling out of the ME and burying our heads in the sand while Israel stands alone against a sea of terrorists will not keep us safer nor will it help anyone sleep better at night. But I suppose you'll go ahead and believe what you want to believe. It sounds like you've been at it for awhile.

Georgie is a typical desperate islamo Nazi-----"REPEAT THE LIES AND SOMEONE WILL BELIEVE"
Actually, I've read up on a lot of these topics and find that georgephillip's posts are completely legit/accurate. What does that say about YOU? Answer: You just don't like the facts. You want to change them and insult people in the process. Grow up.
Just out of curiosity can you explain why Israel continues to violate International Law with these illegal settlements, pretending no one will notice? Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention PROHIBITS POPULATION TRANSFERS INTO OCCUPIED TERRITORY. Fourth Geneva Convention - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
No way around it. Israel is violating (another) International Law. Shameful. Now retreat to your own lands, thieves. Oh, and knock down your illegal WALL while you're at it.
You're wasting key strokes on Rosie; she's looking for ways to make that illegal WALL IS proof:

"The Islamic State’s primary mission is to build a strong foundation in what it refers to as the Abode of Islam. The plan: Sweep away Jordan and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Jordan is the next target after consolidating gains in Iraq and Syria, because Jordan’s territory offers access to the northern tribes of Saudi Arabia.

"From there, its dreams are wildly ambitious: Lead a campaign that will range fromJerusalem all the way to the Iberian peninsula in order to recapture the caliphate of Córdoba and restore Muslim rule which ended in 1492. The IS, according to Israeli political and military sources, is recruiting on the West Bank and in Gaza to launch attacks on Israel."

The Islamic State is reshuffling balance of power in Middle East Al Jazeera America
You know it George, it does seem like Israel would like to see complete chaos in the Middle East to try to distract from their atrocities in Gaza/West Bank. You know, like throwing up a smoke screen to hide behind. That wall is outrageously tall and thick. Makes you wonder what other dirty things they're trying to hide over there behind the wall? Terrorist training camps? You never can tell.
I went a little off topic so I think Israel is probably conducting trade deals with Russia. I bet a lot of bullets/ammo are trading hands, on their way to Israel.

Are you saying that ISIS is now the Jews fault? That's a new one!

For your information, Forester..... The wall was put up to keep terrorists out. Not in. The terrorist training camps are "on the other side" of that wall.

Georgie is a typical desperate islamo Nazi-----"REPEAT THE LIES AND SOMEONE WILL BELIEVE"
Actually, I've read up on a lot of these topics and find that georgephillip's posts are completely legit/accurate. What does that say about YOU? Answer: You just don't like the facts. You want to change them and insult people in the process. Grow up.
Just out of curiosity can you explain why Israel continues to violate International Law with these illegal settlements, pretending no one will notice? Article 49 of the Fourth Geneva Convention PROHIBITS POPULATION TRANSFERS INTO OCCUPIED TERRITORY. Fourth Geneva Convention - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
No way around it. Israel is violating (another) International Law. Shameful. Now retreat to your own lands, thieves. Oh, and knock down your illegal WALL while you're at it.
You're wasting key strokes on Rosie; she's looking for ways to make that illegal WALL IS proof:

"The Islamic State’s primary mission is to build a strong foundation in what it refers to as the Abode of Islam. The plan: Sweep away Jordan and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Jordan is the next target after consolidating gains in Iraq and Syria, because Jordan’s territory offers access to the northern tribes of Saudi Arabia.

"From there, its dreams are wildly ambitious: Lead a campaign that will range fromJerusalem all the way to the Iberian peninsula in order to recapture the caliphate of Córdoba and restore Muslim rule which ended in 1492. The IS, according to Israeli political and military sources, is recruiting on the West Bank and in Gaza to launch attacks on Israel."

The Islamic State is reshuffling balance of power in Middle East Al Jazeera America
You know it George, it does seem like Israel would like to see complete chaos in the Middle East to try to distract from their atrocities in Gaza/West Bank. You know, like throwing up a smoke screen to hide behind. That wall is outrageously tall and thick. Makes you wonder what other dirty things they're trying to hide over there behind the wall? Terrorist training camps? You never can tell.
I went a little off topic so I think Israel is probably conducting trade deals with Russia. I bet a lot of bullets/ammo are trading hands, on their way to Israel.
I'm not sure you off-topic by much, Forester, there were terrorist training camps inside Israel long before the Jewish state lurched into existence in 1948.

I'm sure you are correct about complete chaos as the ultimate goal of both the US and Israel in the New Middle East:

"'Hegemony is as old as Mankind…' -Zbigniew Brzezinski, former U.S. National Security Advisor

"The term 'New Middle East' was introduced to the world in June 2006 in Tel Aviv by U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (who was credited by the Western media for coining the term) in replacement of the older and more imposing term, the 'Greater Middle East.'

"This shift in foreign policy phraseology coincided with the inauguration of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) Oil Terminal in the Eastern Mediterranean.

"The term and conceptualization of the “New Middle East,” was subsequently heralded by the U.S. Secretary of State and the Israeli Prime Minister at the height of the Anglo-American sponsored Israeli siege of Lebanon.

"Prime Minister Olmert and Secretary Rice had informed the international media that a project for a 'New Middle East' was being launched from Lebanon."

Hezbollah threw up a speed bump to that New Middle East in Lebanon in 2006, but the Evil Empire has regrouped during the last eight years.

The%20Project%20for%20the%20New%20Middle%20East.jpg

Plans for Redrawing the Middle East The Project for a New Middle East Global Research

Are you saying that ISIS is now the Jews fault? That's a new one!

For your information, Forester..... The wall was put up to keep terrorists out. Not in. The terrorist training camps are "on the other side" of that wall.
That wall was put up to enable Jews to steal more Arab land and water in violation of international law and all norms of morality and justice; some Jews spell "justice" as "just us."

The New Middle East is not a Lie:

"The term 'New Middle East' was introduced to the world in June 2006 in Tel Aviv by U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (who was credited by the Western media for coining the term) in replacement of the older and more imposing term, the 'Greater Middle East.'”

"This shift in foreign policy phraseology coincided with the inauguration of the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) Oil Terminal in the Eastern Mediterranean.

"The term and conceptualization of the 'New Middle East,' was subsequently heralded by the U.S. Secretary of State and the Israeli Prime Minister at the height of the Anglo-American sponsored Israeli siege of Lebanon.

"Prime Minister Olmert and Secretary Rice had informed the international media that a project for a 'New Middle East' was being launched from Lebanon.

This announcement was a confirmation of an Anglo-American-Israeli 'military roadmap' in the Middle East.

"This project, which has been in the planning stages for several years, consists in creating an arc of instability, chaos, and violence extending from Lebanon, Palestine, and Syria to Iraq, the Persian Gulf, Iran, and the borders of NATO-garrisoned Afghanistan."

Plans for Redrawing the Middle East The Project for a New Middle East Global Research

Israel and Russia:

"Six months ago, after Vladimir Putin annexed part of Ukraine, President Obama authorized sanctions against Russia. 'The basic principles that govern relations between nations in Europe and around the world must be upheld in the 21st century,' said Obama. 'That includes respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity—the notion that nations do not simply redraw borders or make decisions at the expense of their neighbors simply because they are larger or more powerful.'

"The United States has defended that principle in Ukraine and Iraq: You can’t use force to grab territory or change borders.

"But Israel, a U.S. ally, continues to violate the rule.

"This weekend, Israel claimed yet more Palestinian territory: nearly 1,000 acres, its biggest land grab in 30 years."

Israel rsquo s illegal land grab in West Bank The Israeli rationale is no different than Vladimir Putin rsquo s in Ukraine.

George. Israel owns .04% of the middle east and the Muslims own the other 99.96%. Why? Because Israel is not living on all the land that is part of Isaacs inheritance. Others have been grabbing Israeli land through very devious methods and it is all going to come down to one big final outcome. Which the enemies of Israel will not like at all. But when you keep ignoring warning after warning? That is what happens.
Jeri, how do you interpret Samson's outcome in Gaza?

"Remember Samson? Champion of Israel at a time when the Jewish tribes were at loggerheads with the people of Gaza?

"Nothing new there.

"In his day, however, the Philistines of Gaza were dominant, not the Jews, and in tit-for-tat raids Samson, who was extraordinarily strong, won fame for his prowess in slaughtering Philistines.

"Then, whoops, he fell in love with Delilah, a Philistine. Her people prevailed on her to wheedle from him the secret of his strength: his hair, which had never been cut. So as Samson slept she called someone in to shave it off. The Philistines gleefully took him prisoner and gouged out his eyes.

"Came the day when they mockingly called on this ''ravager of our country'' to entertain them at a great religious festival. They had somehow failed, however, to notice that Samson's hair was growing back.

"Summoning all his returning strength, he strained against the temple's two central pillars, and brought the building tumbling down.

"Thousands of Philistines died in the rubble, and so did Samson.

Cautionary tale of Samson and Philistines still just as pertinent Otago Daily Times Online News Otago South Island New Zealand International News

"The Hamas charter, of course, does more than just reject Israel as a sovereign political entity. It’s a vile document that echoes some of the worst anti-Semitic tropes of the modern era.

"But on the central question of one side denying the other’s legitimacy — it’s hard to ignore the symmetry between Likud – the party of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu – and Hamas."

The Hateful Likud Charter Calls for Destruction of Any Palestinian State Informed Comment

Hamas is a terrorist organization that has called for the destruction of Israel. They are the US State Dept.s' foreign Terrorist organization list, George. Why are you equating Hamas with someone legitimate? That does not even make sense! It's like discussing the political opinion of Charles Manson vs. the US House of Representatives. You're way out in left field, George. Way out.
Israel was born in terror, Jeri, and it's coming dangerously close to following in the footsteps of Apartheid South Africa:

"Now leading South Africans are warning Israelis not to go down an apartheid path. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu fuelled such fears in May when he proposed tweaking the country's basic law to make its Jewish identity paramount.

"The country's independence declaration defined Israel as 'a Jewish state'. Netanyahu wants to stiffen that to make clear it is 'the nation state of one people only - the Jewish people - and of no other people'.

"That would divide residents into two classes of citizen, based on race..."

''Peace requires the people of Israel and Palestine to recognise the human being in themselves and each other, to understand their interdependence.''

Jews are self-destructing once again, and, as always, some Jews are blaming their demise upon their victims.

Cautionary tale of Samson and Philistines still just as pertinent Otago Daily Times Online News Otago South Island New Zealand International News

I'm not sure you off-topic by much, Forester, there were terrorist training camps inside Israel long before the Jewish state lurched into existence in 1948.

I'm sure you are correct about complete chaos as the ultimate goal of both the US and Israel in the New Middle East:

"'Hegemony is as old as Mankind…' -Zbigniew Brzezinski, former U.S. National Security Advisor

"The term 'New Middle East' was introduced to the world in June 2006 in Tel Aviv by U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (who was credited by the Western media for coining the term) in replacement of the older and more imposing term, the 'Greater Middle East.'

"The term and conceptualization of the “New Middle East,” was subsequently heralded by the U.S. Secretary of State and the Israeli Prime Minister at the height of the Anglo-American sponsored Israeli siege of Lebanon.

"Prime Minister Olmert and Secretary Rice had informed the international media that a project for a 'New Middle East' was being launched from Lebanon."

Hezbollah threw up a speed bump to that New Middle East in Lebanon in 2006, but the Evil Empire has regrouped during the last eight years.

The%20Project%20for%20the%20New%20Middle%20East.jpg

For all we know there are Arabs who have Syrian and Iraqi roots reading these forums. They might be as anti-Semitic as Gaza George, but they certainly would be wondering why on a Middle East forum, all Gaza George can obsess about is Israel and the Jews while their own relatives and friends are suffering so terribly in their old countries. As for terrrorist training camps (since Gaza George brought them up) I would suggest that Gaza George find one in his own area to help out his new bestest friends in the whole wide world; but since he faked a bad back after only ten days of basic training because he got lonely for the Hood (as he himself claimed), I doubt he would do any better in a terrorist training camp. Naturally, Gaza George isn't interested in any Muslim terrorist training camps here in America at the present time. He would only be interested if his favorite scapegoats, the Jews, were running these camps here in America. then he would get up on his high horse and would be spamming about these camps ad nauseam.

Terrorist Training Camps in the US Military.com

04325430.jpg

What Israel and Russia have in common:

"Americans now see Russia as the United States' top foreign foe, as its image across the Pacific Ocean hits lows not seen in decades.

"But on that second count, Russia is actually in some good company -- with no less than America's top ally in the region: Israel.

"A new CNN/Opinion Research poll shows 38 percent of Americans now have an unfavorable view of Israel, which in recent days has launched a ground operation in Gaza that has resulted in more casualties than its allies would prefer (witness John Kerry's reaction). The death toll in the current conflict includes more than 500 Palestinians.

"If you combine CNN and Gallup polling, that's the most Americans who view Israel in a negative light since 1992."

What Russia and Israel have in common - The Washington Post

04325430.jpg

What Israel and Russia have in common:

"Americans now see Russia as the United States' top foreign foe, as its image across the Pacific Ocean hits lows not seen in decades.

"But on that second count, Russia is actually in some good company -- with no less than America's top ally in the region: Israel.

"A new CNN/Opinion Research poll shows 38 percent of Americans now have an unfavorable view of Israel, which in recent days has launched a ground operation in Gaza that has resulted in more casualties than its allies would prefer (witness John Kerry's reaction). The death toll in the current conflict includes more than 500 Palestinians.

"If you combine CNN and Gallup polling, that's the most Americans who view Israel in a negative light since 1992."

What Russia and Israel have in common - The Washington Post

It all depends on who's who in the poll. Many of the young people have been brainwashed by their Leftist teachers. Many of the Blacks and Hispanics think of the Palestinians as the underdogs, the same as they feel about themselves here in the U.S. No doubt the educated Blacks and Hispanics who don't depend on welfare or subsidized apartments don't think of Israel as an evil doer, and they are the ones who are paying taxes. Now, of course, Gaza George is going to give us the results of a poll regarding how Americans think of Muslims.

By the way, even though they do not scream like the Nation of Islam's Louie "Calypso" Farrakhan from a pulpit against the Jews, this group, Astlan, happens to be very anti-Semitic and have published things against Israel and the Jews on the Internet and in their newspaper La Voz, which brainwash many of their readers against Israel.. They are the ones who want the entire American Southwest given back to Mexico.

aztlan - Google Search

A guy like Forester thinks he has credibility with rational thinkers after he just this evening said on another forum that Israel should be nuked after all the people who aren't Jewish have left. Forester, don't you think people are smart enough to realize that Gaza George doesn't care about the Arabs and uses them as his pawns. This happens to be the Middle East forum that you just crawled onto, and Gaza George is not interested in what is happening to the Arabs in the rest of the Middle East, and you probably don't either or we would see you posting about what is happening to them. It really is a hoot to watch people try to fake it that they care about Arabs when they have nothing to say about the 190,000 killed so far in other parts of the Middle East.
Actually I was responding to someone who spoke of nuking the region turning into radioactive glass but you forgot to mention that. Anyway it's been calculated that Israel dropped the equivalent of 6 nuclear bombs worth of explosives onto Gaza. That's a lot. So that puts it in perspective. Police Israel dropped equivalent of 6 nuclear bombs on Gaza Maan News Agency

The explosives dropped also contained radioactive uranium that contaminates water, soil, land for years.

Israel does not use UD any more.
DU has both civilian and military uses. It is not banned.

A guy like Forester thinks he has credibility with rational thinkers after he just this evening said on another forum that Israel should be nuked after all the people who aren't Jewish have left. Forester, don't you think people are smart enough to realize that Gaza George doesn't care about the Arabs and uses them as his pawns. This happens to be the Middle East forum that you just crawled onto, and Gaza George is not interested in what is happening to the Arabs in the rest of the Middle East, and you probably don't either or we would see you posting about what is happening to them. It really is a hoot to watch people try to fake it that they care about Arabs when they have nothing to say about the 190,000 killed so far in other parts of the Middle East.
Actually I was responding to someone who spoke of nuking the region turning into radioactive glass but you forgot to mention that. Anyway it's been calculated that Israel dropped the equivalent of 6 nuclear bombs worth of explosives onto Gaza. That's a lot. So that puts it in perspective. Police Israel dropped equivalent of 6 nuclear bombs on Gaza Maan News Agency

The explosives dropped also contained radioactive uranium that contaminates water, soil, land for years.

Israel does not use UD any more.
DU has both civilian and military uses. It is not banned.

give up ARIS------the DU thing is something like FLORIDATION of water---
it is a ZIONIST PLOT. -------and my all time fave----ZIP CODE<<< another
Zionist plot-------Z ionists I n P ower <<< a very serious article I read about
1960------the agenda is-----"the Zionists will be able to trace all people via their
ZIP codes" DU contaminates nothing----but that ZIP code thing is----
IRREFUTABLE

Depleted Uranium

"Normal functioning of the kidney, brain, liver, heart, and numerous other systems can be affected by uranium exposure because, in addition to being weakly radioactive, uranium is a toxic metal,[7] although less toxic than other heavy metals such as arsenic andmercury.[66]

"It is weakly radioactive but is 'persistently' so because of its long half-life. TheAgency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry states that: 'to be exposed to radiation from uranium, you have to eat, drink, or breathe it, or get it on your skin.'[67]

"If DU particles do enter an individual, the type of danger presented—toxic vs. radiological—and the organ most likely to be affected depend on the solubility of the particles.[68]

"In military conflicts involving DU munitions, the major concern is inhalation of DU particles in aerosols arising from the impacts of DU-enhanced projectiles with their targets.[68]

"When depleted uranium munitions penetrate armor or burn, they create depleted uranium oxides in the form of dust that can be inhaled or contaminate wounds.

"The Institute of Nuclear Technology-Radiation Protection of Attiki, Greece, has noted that 'the aerosol produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites or can be inhaled by civilians and military personnel.'[9]

"The utilisation of DU in incendiary ammunition is controversial because of potential adverse health effects and its release into the environment.[69][70][71]

Depleted uranium - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Depleted Uranium

"Normal functioning of the kidney, brain, liver, heart, and numerous other systems can be affected by uranium exposure because, in addition to being weakly radioactive, uranium is a toxic metal,[7] although less toxic than other heavy metals such as arsenic andmercury.[66]

"It is weakly radioactive but is 'persistently' so because of its long half-life. TheAgency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry states that: 'to be exposed to radiation from uranium, you have to eat, drink, or breathe it, or get it on your skin.'[67]

"If DU particles do enter an individual, the type of danger presented—toxic vs. radiological—and the organ most likely to be affected depend on the solubility of the particles.[68]

"In military conflicts involving DU munitions, the major concern is inhalation of DU particles in aerosols arising from the impacts of DU-enhanced projectiles with their targets.[68]

"When depleted uranium munitions penetrate armor or burn, they create depleted uranium oxides in the form of dust that can be inhaled or contaminate wounds.

"The Institute of Nuclear Technology-Radiation Protection of Attiki, Greece, has noted that 'the aerosol produced during impact and combustion of depleted uranium munitions can potentially contaminate wide areas around the impact sites or can be inhaled by civilians and military personnel.'[9]

"The utilisation of DU in incendiary ammunition is controversial because of potential adverse health effects and its release into the environment.[69][70][71]

but your forgot about.....
>>
Depleted uranium has a very high density and is primarily used as shielding material for other radioactive material, and as ballast. Examples include sailboat keels, as counterweights and as shielding in industrial radiography cameras.

Shielding in industrial radiography cameras
Industrial radiography cameras include a very high activity gamma radiation source (typically Ir-192 with an activity above 10 TBq). Depleted uranium is often used in the cameras as a shield to protect individuals from the gamma source. Typically the uranium shield is supported and enclosed in polyurethane foam for thermal, mechanical and oxidation protection.

Coloring in consumer products
Consumer product uses have included incorporation into dental porcelain, used for false teeth to simulate the fluorescence of natural teeth, and uranium-bearing reagents used in chemistry laboratories (e.g. uranyl acetate, used in analytical chemistry and as a stain in electron microscopy). Uranium (both depleted uranium and natural uranium) was widely used as a coloring matter for porcelain and glass in the 19th and early-to-mid-20th century. The practice was largely discontinued in the late 20th century. In 1999 concentrations of 10% depleted uranium were being used in "jaune no.17" a yellow enamel powder that was being produced in France by Cristallerie de Saint-Paul, a manufacturer of enamel pigments. The depleted uranium used in the powder was sold by Cogéma's Pierrelatte facility. In February 2000, Cogema discontinued the sale of depleted uranium to producers of enamel and glass.

Trim weights in aircraft
Aircraft that contain depleted uranium trim weights (such as the Boeing 747–100) may contain between 400 to 1,500 kg of DU. This application is controversial because the DU may enter the environment if the aircraft were to crash. The metal can also oxidize to a fine powder in a fire. Its use has been phased out in many newer aircraft. Boeing and McDonnell-Douglas discontinued using DU counterweights in the 1980s. Depleted uranium was released during the crash of El Al Flight 1862 on 4 October 1992, in which 152 kg was lost, but an extensive study concluded that there was no evidence to link depleted uranium from the plane to any health problems. Counterweights manufactured with cadmium plating are considered non-hazardous while the plating is intact.

U.S. NRC general license
U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regulations at 10 CFR 40.25 establish a general license for the use of depleted uranium contained in industrial products or devices for mass-volume applications. This general license allows anyone to possess or use depleted uranium for authorized purposes. Generally, a registration form is required, along with a commitment to not abandon the material. Agreement states may have similar, or more stringent, regulations.

Sailboat keel
Pen Duick VI, a boat designed by André Mauric and used for racing, was equipped with a keel in depleted uranium. The benefit is that, due to the very high density of uranium, the keel could be thinner for a given weight, and so have less resistance than a normal keel. It was later replaced by a standard lead keel.

Sampling Calorimeters for detectors in high-energy particle physics
Depleted uranium has been used in a number of sampling calorimeters (such as in the D0 and ZEUS detectors) in due to its high density and natural radioactivity.<<

"The U.S. Department of Defense claims that no human cancer of any type has been seen as a result of exposure to either natural or depleted uranium.[75]

"Militaries have long had risk-reduction procedures for their troops to follow,[76] and studies are in consistent agreement that veterans who used DU-enhanced munitions have not suffered, so far, from an increased risk of cancer (see the Gulf War and Balkans sections below).

"The effects of DU on civilian populations are, however, a topic of intense and ongoing controversy.

"As early as 1997, British Army doctors warned the British MoD (Ministry of Defence) that exposure to depleted uranium increased the risk of developing lung, lymph and brain cancer, and recommended a series of safety precautions.[77]

"According to a report issued summarizing the advice of the doctors, 'Inhalation of insoluble uranium dioxide dust will lead to accumulation in the lungs with very slow clearance—if any. … Although chemical toxicity is low, there may be localised radiation damage of the lung leading to cancer.'

"The report warns that 'All personnel … should be aware that uranium dust inhalation carries a long-term risk … [the dust] has been shown to increase the risks of developing lung, lymph and brain cancers.'"[77]

"The U.S. Department of Defense claims that no human cancer of any type has been seen as a result of exposure to either natural or depleted uranium.[75]

"Militaries have long had risk-reduction procedures for their troops to follow,[76] and studies are in consistent agreement that veterans who used DU-enhanced munitions have not suffered, so far, from an increased risk of cancer (see the Gulf War and Balkans sections below).

"The effects of DU on civilian populations are, however, a topic of intense and ongoing controversy.

"As early as 1997, British Army doctors warned the British MoD (Ministry of Defence) that exposure to depleted uranium increased the risk of developing lung, lymph and brain cancer, and recommended a series of safety precautions.[77]

"According to a report issued summarizing the advice of the doctors, 'Inhalation of insoluble uranium dioxide dust will lead to accumulation in the lungs with very slow clearance—if any. … Although chemical toxicity is low, there may be localised radiation damage of the lung leading to cancer.'

"The report warns that 'All personnel … should be aware that uranium dust inhalation carries a long-term risk … [the dust] has been shown to increase the risks of developing lung, lymph and brain cancers.'"[77]

I really hope that uranium didn't get dropped on to the Palestinians. That's got to be a war crime if many of the Palestinians get cancer. I BELIEVE THE BRITISH DOCTORS THAT SAID URANIUM CAN CAUSE LUNG CANCER AND BLOOD AND BRAIN CANCER. THAT'S PROBABLY WHY NETANYAHU DROPPED IT ON THEM. TO GET THEM SICK, THEN DIE FROM IT. That's his plan. To free up water resources. Less resistance to his IDF army. That's a war crime.

I really hope that uranium didn't get dropped on to the Palestinians. That's got to be a war crime if many of the Palestinians get cancer. I BELIEVE THE BRITISH DOCTORS THAT SAID URANIUM CAN CAUSE LUNG CANCER AND BLOOD AND BRAIN CANCER. THAT'S PROBABLY WHY NETANYAHU DROPPED IT ON THEM. TO GET THEM SICK, THEN DIE FROM IT. That's his plan. To free up water resources. Less resistance to his IDF army. That's a war crime.
What do you make of Abbas?

"He's a longtime Israeli collaborator. He performs enforcer services. He conspires against his own people.

"He's a Palestinian Judas. He belongs in prison, not high office.

"He's well rewarded. He's hugely corrupt.

"He amassed an huge fortune. He did so the old-fashioned way. Betrayal pays well. Palestinian suffering continues.

"Abbas shares blame with Israel. He collaborates with the enemy. He's done so for decades. A previous article said he knew about Operation Cast Lead in advance.

"He supported it. He asked Israel to crush Hamas. What did he know and when about Operation Protective Edge?

"Why didn't he forthrightly denounce it? Why didn't he immediately sign the Rome Statute?

Is the PA obstructing a probe of Israel latest war crimes in Gaza?

Abbas Blocks Israeli War Crimes Investigation

Forum List

Back