Israeli-Arab women protest violence in sector

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Nearly a 1,000 people protested in Haifa Tuesday against violence in the Arab sector in Israel, following the killing of Makhrus Zubidaat, 18, from Sakhnin, who was trying to settle a dispute between his sister and a Haifa family and was attacked by a 17-year-old member of the rival family.

Issam Hadad, one of the people who initiated the anti-violence rally said "We are trying to start a youth movement that will work to prevent violence in all religions."

46113060991599408258no.jpg

Muslim and Christian religious leaders led the march, leading protesters towards Haifa's city hall, where a rally took place.

A similar anti-violence protest took place Friday in Umm al-Fahm, where protesters carried signs reading "Stop the murder of women," and "Criminals must be punished."

50-year-old woman found dead in Qalansawe - Israel News, Ynetnews

This is the positive way people take stands against injustice in societies. Israel needs to punish crimes against Arab women the same way they punish crimes against Jewish women.

Not that simple. Honor killings is something Israel is not enthusoastic to get involved in..

We are not talking about honor killings, we are talking about the lack of justice when the victim of a crime in Israel is an Arab Israeli woman.

This is the positive way people take stands against injustice in societies. Israel needs to punish crimes against Arab women the same way they punish crimes against Jewish women.

Israel does -----but that fact often leads to resistence and protest
FROM the arab/muslim sector------in fact we have the same problem
in the USA. The support given to arab/muslim murderers in the USA
by their own communities is """heart warming""" There is always
someone around to supply the character reference "he prays every
day" My own tiny touch on female abuse in the arab muslim communiy
did leave me with an insight------ITS THE MOTHERS----the mothers'
reluctance to blame their sons and enthusiasm for blaming their
victimized daughters. The key to the end of female abuse is
THE MOTHERS ----their own mothers -----I am confident that it will
happen someday

Not that simple. Honor killings is something Israel is not enthusoastic to get involved in..

We are not talking about honor killings, we are talking about the lack of justice when the victim of a crime in Israel is an Arab Israeli woman.

There is no difference between cases of Arab Israeli woman or Jewish Israeli women.

There is no difference between cases of Arab Israeli woman or Jewish Israeli women.

Lipush----you do not understand-----sherri wants to blame the fact that muslims
kill their sisters and daughters for ----the various "honor' issues----like not wanting
to marry the man brother or father chooses and has --even already accept MAHR---
on JOOOOOOOOS or <gasp> talking to a boy------or wanting to attend
school or get a job -----etc etc on JOOOOOOOS --------it is all a ZIONIST PLOT

The protestors claim otherwise. That is why they are protesting. "Stop the murder of women", "Criminals must be punished" And there are Christian and Muslim Arab protestors protesting against the killing of Arab women that goes unpunished.

Nearly a 1,000 people protested in Haifa Tuesday against violence in the Arab sector in Israel, following the killing of Makhrus Zubidaat, 18, from Sakhnin, who was trying to settle a dispute between his sister and a Haifa family and was attacked by a 17-year-old member of the rival family.

Issam Hadad, one of the people who initiated the anti-violence rally said "We are trying to start a youth movement that will work to prevent violence in all religions."
Muslim and Christian religious leaders led the march, leading protesters towards Haifa's city hall, where a rally took place.

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a94_1367991742&comments=1#20Xl3fclSPGlrCL6.99

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a94_1367991742&comments=1

Last edited:
The protests are over multiple recent killings of Arab women, and the police failure to arrest anyone in these murders.

A 50-year-old woman was found dead in a Qalansawe house Tuesday. Magen David Adom paramedics called to the scene declared the woman dead in the house.

"We got a call about a woman who's unconscious," said MDA paramedic Ahmad Abu Sheikh. "When we arrived at the scene, we found the woman lying in her bed and could do nothing but pronounce her dead."

According to preliminary police investigation, the woman's body showed signs of abuse, most likely caused by a blunt object. The circumstances have yet to be determined
Read more at LiveLeak.com - Hundreds of Arab citizens protest in Haifa against violence inside the Arab sector in Israel (comments)

similar anti-violence protest took place Friday in Umm al-Fahm, where protesters carried signs reading "Stop the murder of women," and "Criminals must be punished."
The Umm al-Fahm protest was held following the murder of Muna Mahjana, 29, who was shot to death last week, and the closing of her case without finding the killer.

"This is another murder case in which a suspect was released and no one knows who the murderer is," one of the protesters at the Umm al-Fahm rally said. "We will not stay silent," another protester added; "we will continue to fight fearlessly."

Read more at LiveLeak.com - Hundreds of Arab citizens protest in Haifa against violence inside the Arab sector in Israel (comments)

LiveLeak.com - Hundreds of Arab citizens protest in Haifa against violence inside the Arab sector in Israel (comments)

Sherri

Last edited:

The protestors claim otherwise. That is why they are protesting. "Stop the murder of women", "Criminals must be punished"

It is true that Israeli police cannot do much about domestic violence against
arab muslim women because even the mothers of the abused wives ----protect
their abusing sons-in-law -----wife beating is so acceptable amongst them.
Israel is very active in investigating the many murders of wives, sisters and
daughters-----but then it is too late to "STOP THE MURDERS" the ladies are
right-----the criminals must be punished----not protected by their own families
and communities

The protestors claim otherwise. That is why they are protesting. "Stop the murder of women", "Criminals must be punished" And there are Christian and Muslim Arab protestors protesting against the killing of Arab women that goes unpunished.

LiveLeak.com - Hundreds of Arab citizens protest in Haifa against violence inside the Arab sector in Israel (comments)

They don't call for the court in protest, they call for it to stop in their own communities!

by their own communities is """heart warming""
" There is always
happen someday

You have a strange heart then since that support is almost non-existent within US muslim communities. :cuckoo:

They don't call for the court in protest, they call for it to stop in their own communities!

Punish the criminals obviously addresses the Israeli authorities failure to arrest killers. It is an Israeli government in power there.

You're wrong.

And as I said before.

The Arab community should decide, weather they appreciate and wish for the police to get involved in their culture and customs, or not.

Cannot have it both ways.

Punish the criminals obviously addresses the Israeli authorities failure to arrest killers.

I expect you to either back up this claim, or admit you're just making things up.

" There is always

happen someday

You have a strange heart then since that support is almost non-existent within US muslim communities. :cuckoo:

what support is almost "non-existent" coyote? Have you ever
followed a jihadist murder trial in the USA? BTW ---dear Mrs
Tamerlane retained a top notch defender of jihadists lawyer---
from what source do you imagine came the funds for doing so?

I can name a few more impoverished accused with high level
lawyers-----the kind I could not afford to retain should I decide
to put a bullet in someone's brain

You're wrong.

And as I said before.

The Arab community should decide, weather they appreciate and wish for the police to get involved in their culture and customs, or not.

I agree, it's extremely difficult, particularly with the huge levels of mistrust for the police to operate in Arab communities. Much like parts of the US prior and during the civil rights era.

But - on the other hand, the Israeli police DO go full force into arab areas if the crime is against a Jewish citizen whether or not the Arab community wants it.

" There is always

happen someday

Everyone is entitled to a lawyer Rosie. Having a top notch defender doesn't mean anything (and it's Katherine Russel who has hired one - she has not been charged yet). Dzhokhar has a public defender. All you are spouting is speculation. The Muslim American community has been outspoken in it's condemnation of the bombers and it's lack of support for anything they did, and that says more about the community than your implications of "heartwarming" support.

You're wrong.

And as I said before.

I agree, it's extremely difficult, particularly with the huge levels of mistrust for the police to operate in Arab communities. Much like parts of the US prior and during the civil rights era.

But - on the other hand, the Israeli police DO go full force into arab areas if the crime is against a Jewish citizen whether or not the Arab community wants it.

Yes.

And I agree. Our justice and law sysyem need some serious changes.

Everyone is entitled to a lawyer Rosie. Having a top notch defender doesn't mean anything (and it's Katherine Russel who has hired one - she has not been charged yet). Dzhokhar has a public defender. All you are spouting is speculation. The Muslim American community has been outspoken in it's condemnation of the bombers and it's lack of support for anything they did, and that says more about the community than your implications of "heartwarming" support.

The murdering pig RASHID BAZ had intensive community support
and high level legal defense-----he was a hero of the muslim
community for aiming 45 calbre bullets at the heads of
a van full of jewish adolescents --------

as was NOSAIR---the murdering pig for his act of murder---
he prayed too.

the bomber boys bostoni----are a different issue-----there are
some atrocities that even Goebbels would not try to defend---
PUBLICALLY

Forum List

Back