Israels Secret Nuclear Tests?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
1979 - Satellites pick up a nuclear explosion. The Carter administration hides it.

Let's say you're a people who live in a very small country, surrounded by enemies. Let's say those enemies have very powerful friends, in The East and The West.

Now, let's say you're also a people who have a reputation (somewhat deserved) for being both clever and frugal.

Which of the following choices would be the most wise?

A) Spend BILLIONS of dollars developing nuclear weapons that you would never be able to use (your targets are all Danger Close)?

B) Spend MILLIONS of dollars making everyone think you have developed nuclear weapons?

There's probably good reason why Israel has never publicly admitted to having a nuclear arsenal.

I tend to claim to being an agnostic/atheist, yet if I "had to" embrace any theology/religion of current existence, I'd be inclined to go with the Jewish one.

Though I was born into and raised as Catholic, the Jewish people have gained my admiration for being a small, and inclusive sect/ethnic, not seeking to make the rest of the world "Jewish", unlike the majority of the Christians or Islamics, whom claim similar Biblical origins, but rather have often sought to just be left alone and live their ways.

On top of that, in recent times they have sought to return to their ancestral lands, a small piece of real estate, to do such and yet over the many centuries and millennia have been the target for extinction and eradication.

Why would such a small and seemingly inconsequential ethnic be such a target?!

That they have survived and persisted could alone prove to me they may have some beyond human protection!

That aside, I could be a Jew, except I like pork/bacon, so there we are. I'm sort of a Jew in spirit, but my flesh likes that pork chops and bacon, so maybe not quite so.

Anyway, when such a minority seems to beat the odds against them and persist, I can't help wonder if there might not be some outside "agency" operating on their behalf and so I should let them be, and do their thing, in their small part of Terra turf, supposedly assigned to them.

That aside, I could be a Jew, except I like pork/bacon, so there we are. I'm sort of a Jew in spirit, but my flesh likes that pork chops and bacon,

Here's the thing. If you are born to Judaism, there are no theological consequences for not observing Kashrut, the dietary laws. Only about 10% of Jews outside of Israel do because of the complexity.

There is no concept of eternal hell fire damnation for lapses in observance and not observing the mitzvot doesn't affect your status as a Jew.

However, if you convert to Judaism, something is is strongly discouraged, you would have to demonstrate both comprehensive understanding of the laws (which are insanely complex) and that you habitually adhere to the laws.

That aside, I could be a Jew, except I like pork/bacon, so there we are. I'm sort of a Jew in spirit, but my flesh likes that pork chops and bacon,

Here's the thing. If you are born to Judaism, there are no theological consequences for not observing Kashrut, the dietary laws. Only about 10% of Jews outside of Israel do because of the complexity.

There is no concept of eternal hell fire damnation for lapses in observance and not observing the mitzvot doesn't affect your status as a Jew.

However, if you convert to Judaism, something is is strongly discouraged, you would have to demonstrate both comprehensive understanding of the laws (which are insanely complex) and that you habitually adhere to the laws.
It's a big "IF" ....

It's a big "IF" ....

Which is why it happens so rarely.

fncceo
Israel has them
They need them
They were strong reports of them loading them into planes during the 73 war

They have them as I think France helped

1979 - Satellites pick up a nuclear explosion. The Carter administration hides it.

Considering how much of an open anti-Semite the decrepit old fool became, my guess is he regrets not trashing them globally for daring to test.
Now that SA resembles feeding time at the zoo with the cages open, I'm really glad they never acquired a nuclear weapons inventory.

Forum List

Back