It All Comes Down To The Ifs

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The day John Roberts upheld the ACA I put him down as just another liar because his ruling sure as hell screwed every little guy while it helped every big guy in the insurance industry:

If the Constitution says that the little guy should win, then the little guy's going to win in the court before me, but if the Constitution says that the big guy should win, well then the big guy's going to win because my obligation is to the Constitution. John Roberts at his confirmation hearing

Now, it turns out that he might be a coward as well as a liar. Larry Klayman offers the possibility that Roberts might have been blackmailed into voting for HillaryCare II:

“But let’s take this possibility: Why did Chief Justice Roberts at the eleventh hour change his decision? He was going to side with the other justices and find that Obamacare was unconstitutional. Is it something that was dug up on him by the NSA or the CIA? Was that used against him to blackmail him?

“These are the kinds of things [the government is doing], and that’s why it’s so scary what’s going on with the NSA and the CIA. It can happen in a democracy. So that may help explain it, and perhaps we can reach these issues through the NSA cases that we brought, the NSA/CIA cases. I intend to get the truth on this.”

Did NSA blackmail Roberts to OK Obamacare?
Klayman: 'Tyranny is greater today than in 1776'
Published: 11 hours ago

Ordinarily such a charge would come under the heading of conspiracy theory. Not so when what is already known about NSA spying is coupled with the way the current Administration operates. Taking everything together Klayman’s interpretation amounts to a plausible accusation based on circumstantial evidence.

Two ifs

1. If the High Court decides to hear Sissel v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ZLQ-vqhKE&feature=player_embedded]PLF's Obamacare Fight Continues in the Court of Appeals - YouTube[/ame]​

2. If the High Court overturns the ACA.

The ifs could redeem John Roberts to some degree if he votes to uphold Sissel. Should he vote with the liberal Gang of Four who have no intention of upholding the Origination Clause he will show that either he is the liar I think he is, or he is being blackmailed by the Administration. There is no third possibility the second time around.

NOTE: Blackmailers always come back for more.

The same forces that lined up to impose socialized medicine on the country will be more aggressive in upholding it. They have more than a century invested in getting the ACA passed. They are not going to write it off as a loss now. They know that their ducks will never be lined up again. Nothing matters except upholding a law that tears the country apart; destroys the Supreme Court’s credibility; imposes economic hardships on all working Americans, and implements the ACA’s built-in brutality. Nothing matters. No price is too high to pay for keeping socialized medicine.

Finally, the justification —— Americans will like it when they get used to it —— is the same as saying the guy on the rack likes every turn of the screw after he gets used to it.

images

There's nothing any more socialized about ACA than any other insurance scheme.

All insurance is a form of socialized risk sharing.

To editec: Does the word impose mean anything to halfwits? How many other healthcare insurance schemes did the government force you to buy?

The same forces that lined up to impose socialized medicine on the country will be more aggressive in upholding it.

There has never been any doubt that the forces against repealing the ACA are influential, motivated, and in control of the media:

According to those in the elite salons of Washington, ObamaCare cannot be repealed. The conventional wisdom on the cocktail circuit contends that once you mandate health insurance for millions, you cannot unmandate it. This theoretical belief has become accepted in Washington as a dogmatic article of faith. And the Obamacrats and most of the press believe that repeating this mantra often enough will make it so.

XXXXX​

From the Big Pharma CEO bragging about the “rock-solid deal” benefitting his industry, to the health insurers who have a captive audience of Americans now required to purchase their products, to the lobbyists seeking preferential treatment in regulations, ObamaCare has become big business to the K Street crowd. No wonder so many view repeal of the law as fantastical—it would take away their gravy train.

Assuming the High Court will NOT overturn the ACA you can expect trench warfare to begin in earnest after the Republicans take the Senate. You can also expect that more than a few establishment Republicans will desert when they face a media bombardment accusing them of wanting to fire tens of thousands who were hired for the ACA. Playing the job-creator will be the biggest gun in the Democrat arsenal when the times comes. See this thread:

Louisiana’s governor Jindal rightly focuses on repeal. I think he understands that it is foolhardy to think the same SCOTUS that upheld the ACA the first time around will overturn it in Sissel v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:

The idea that ObamaCare cannot be repealed defies both logic and real world justification, on multiple levels.

But even many conservative “thinkers” in Washington have given in to ObamaCare fatalism. They may not say so in public, but they fully believe that talk of the law’s repeal exists only in the land of unsophisticated rubes.

Yes, we can still repeal ObamaCare -- let's get to work
By Gov. Bobby Jindal
Published May 19, 2014

Yes, we can still repeal ObamaCare -- let's get to work | Fox News

Finally, recall how Americans were conned into believing that the Supreme Court would find the ACA, or least parts of it, unconstitutional —— they were stunned when it was upheld. Let’s not make that mistake again. As they say, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

The day John Roberts upheld the ACA I put him down as just another liar because his ruling sure as hell screwed every little guy while it helped every big guy in the insurance industry:
So now you're against companeis as people ??? figures here he sides for the litlle guy and you think its big business he's helping

If the Constitution says that the little guy should win, then the little guy's going to win in the court before me, but if the Constitution says that the big guy should win, well then the big guy's going to win because my obligation is to the Constitution. John Roberts at his confirmation hearing

Now, it turns out that he might be a coward as well as a liar. Larry Klayman offers the possibility that Roberts might have been blackmailed into voting for HillaryCare II:
Oh its not any longer Obama care ... its hillary care II ... we get it ... you know and I know, if Hillary runs she will be, not maybe, but will be the next president ... so what next she was born in Kenya???

“But let’s take this possibility: Why did Chief Justice Roberts at the eleventh hour change his decision? He was going to side with the other justices and find that Obamacare was unconstitutional. Is it something that was dug up on him by the NSA or the CIA? Was that used against him to blackmail him?
priceless ... when a supreme court Justice doesn't vote for your causes then the NSA or the CIA threaten him ... that's priceless... do you wear tin foil hats too???
“These are the kinds of things [the government is doing], and that’s why it’s so scary what’s going on with the NSA and the CIA. It can happen in a democracy. So that may help explain it, and perhaps we can reach these issues through the NSA cases that we brought, the NSA/CIA cases. I intend to get the truth on this.”

Klayman: 'Tyranny is greater today than in 1776'
Published: 11 hours ago

Ordinarily such a charge would come under the heading of conspiracy theory. Not so when what is already known about NSA spying is coupled with the way the current Administration operates. Taking everything together Klayman’s interpretation amounts to a plausible accusation based on circumstantial evidence.

Two ifs

1. If the High Court decides to hear Sissel v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ZLQ-vqhKE&feature=player_embedded]PLF's Obamacare Fight Continues in the Court of Appeals - YouTube[/ame]​

2. If the High Court overturns the ACA.

The ifs could redeem John Roberts to some degree if he votes to uphold Sissel. Should he vote with the liberal Gang of Four who have no intention of upholding the Origination Clause he will show that either he is the liar I think he is, or he is being blackmailed by the Administration. There is no third possibility the second time around.

NOTE: Blackmailers always come back for more.

The same forces that lined up to impose socialized medicine on the country will be more aggressive in upholding it. They have more than a century invested in getting the ACA passed. They are not going to write it off as a loss now. They know that their ducks will never be lined up again. Nothing matters except upholding a law that tears the country apart; destroys the Supreme Court’s credibility; imposes economic hardships on all working Americans, and implements the ACA’s built-in brutality. Nothing matters. No price is too high to pay for keeping socialized medicine.

Finally, the justification —— Americans will like it when they get used to it —— is the same as saying the guy on the rack likes every turn of the screw after he gets used to it.

images

you are one nut job

To editec: Does the word impose mean anything to halfwits? How many other healthcare insurance schemes did the government force you to buy?

The same forces that lined up to impose socialized medicine on the country will be more aggressive in upholding it.

you don't have to buy any kind of insurance at all ... where did you get this notion that you were forced to buy health care ... so when you become a citizen are you too forced to adhere to ever law that county has???? are you now forced to listen to all of the merican gubment laws to ??? poooooooooooooor baby!!!!

yes the word impose means something... but you aren't being imposed by anything the ACA has to offer you can buy it or not ... its your choice ... you won't go to jail if you don't buy it now will you ... Aggressive really ??? :D
this is aggressive really ??? :D are you that loony ... :cuckoo: I don't think you know the meaning of the word aggressive ... are you threaten with your life if you don't sign up for the ACA ??? :eusa_shifty::NOOOOOOO !!! are their police coming to your home and beating you up because you didn't sign up for the ACA ???:whip: NOOOOOOO !!!! you are taxed according to your income ... boy oh boy is that aggressive or what:lmao:

Last edited:
There has never been any doubt that the forces against repealing the ACA are influential, motivated, and in control of the media:

According to those in the elite salons of Washington, ObamaCare cannot be repealed. The conventional wisdom on the cocktail circuit contends that once you mandate health insurance for millions, you cannot unmandate it. This theoretical belief has become accepted in Washington as a dogmatic article of faith. And the Obamacrats and most of the press believe that repeating this mantra often enough will make it so.

XXXXX​

From the Big Pharma CEO bragging about the “rock-solid deal” benefitting his industry, to the health insurers who have a captive audience of Americans now required to purchase their products, to the lobbyists seeking preferential treatment in regulations, ObamaCare has become big business to the K Street crowd. No wonder so many view repeal of the law as fantastical—it would take away their gravy train.

Assuming the High Court will NOT overturn the ACA you can expect trench warfare to begin in earnest after the Republicans take the Senate. You can also expect that more than a few establishment Republicans will desert when they face a media bombardment accusing them of wanting to fire tens of thousands who were hired for the ACA. Playing the job-creator will be the biggest gun in the Democrat arsenal when the times comes. See this thread:

Louisiana’s governor Jindal rightly focuses on repeal. I think he understands that it is foolhardy to think the same SCOTUS that upheld the ACA the first time around will overturn it in Sissel v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services:

The idea that ObamaCare cannot be repealed defies both logic and real world justification, on multiple levels.

But even many conservative “thinkers” in Washington have given in to ObamaCare fatalism. They may not say so in public, but they fully believe that talk of the law’s repeal exists only in the land of unsophisticated rubes.

Yes, we can still repeal ObamaCare -- let's get to work
By Gov. Bobby Jindal
Published May 19, 2014

Yes, we can still repeal ObamaCare -- let's get to work | Fox News

Finally, recall how Americans were conned into believing that the Supreme Court would find the ACA, or least parts of it, unconstitutional —— they were stunned when it was upheld. Let’s not make that mistake again. As they say, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

you are one paranoid mofo
do you listen to beck a lot??? sounds like it

you don't have to buy any kind of insurance at all ... where did you get this notion that you were forced to buy health care ... so when you become a citizen are you too forced to adhere to ever law that county has???? are you now forced to listen to all of the merican gubment laws to ??? poooooooooooooor baby!!!!

yes the word impose means something... but you aren't being imposed by anything the ACA has to offer you can buy it or not ... its your choice ... you won't go to jail if you don't buy it now will you ... Aggressive really ??? :D
this is aggressive really ??? :D are you that loony ... :cuckoo: I don't think you know the meaning of the word aggressive ... are you threaten with your life if you don't sign up for the ACA ??? :eusa_shifty::NOOOOOOO !!! are their police coming to your home and beating you up because you didn't sign up for the ACA ???:whip: NOOOOOOO !!!!

To billyerock1991: Tell it to the governor:

From Governor Jindal’s article:

First, the fact that the federal government has by force of law and under pain of taxation forced millions to sign up does not constitute “success” or “progress.” In fact, I bet the administration could have raised their enrollment totals even higher if friendly IRS agents had paid personal visits to all Americans “encouraging” them to enroll.

Not only sign up or pay a fine, but forced many to pay for things that go against their religious beliefs. And that’s without getting into forcing everyone to pay for insuring the parasite class while enriching the sharpshooters.

you are taxed according to your income ... boy oh boy is that aggressive or what:lmao:

To billyerock1991: Your responses tell me that you are as dumb as a rock and probably a parasite on top of it; so I don’t expect you to grasp the inherent evil in the income tax. This article is for anyone who understands the inherent destructive power in the XVI Amendment:

May 20, 2014
The IRS Scandal: Another Unforeseen Consequence of the 16th Amendment
By Jeffrey L. Scribner

Articles: The IRS Scandal: Another Unforeseen Consequence of the 16th Amendment

do you listen to beck a lot??? sounds like it

To billyerock1991: Now you’ve gone too far.

I suppose it’s too much to expect halfwits to research my messages. Had you done so you would know that I do not watch Glen Beck. In fact, I had him down as nothing more than a hustling motivational speaker when his show was on the FOX network.

Sorry Flanders given how Washington works repealing or reforming Obamacare will never officially happen in law it will simply and quietly become a dead letter as more states:

Reduce their contributions to medicaid and transfer the funds to medicare.

Deny premium increases to health insurance companies.

Where Obamacare is no longer possible caregivers will migrate in and medicaid recipients will move out.That too is in the bill as in western MS at last I heard has zero Obamacare coverage.

States can create non-hospital hospitals with Critical but not Emergency care rooms. CCRs are not required to accept all comers and are therefore not required to treat Ocare patients.

So, expect trench warfare and Ocare states to start going into default.

Forum List

Back