Hunter is 100% the victim of deep state right wing lawfare

Hunter Biden knowingly lied on a federal firearms application. He should be held accountable. That doesn’t mean he should spend a decade in prison.

A conviction with a 10k fine and a significant period of probation is sufficient.

I’m guessing the defense is that he’s innocent because he didn’t smoke crack while he was filling out the form.

Works for me.

This charge is so fucking absurd to start with that it isn't even funny.
Why is it absurd to enforce federal firearms laws? Should everyone who lies on a federal application be given a pass or just this drug addict?

Why is it absurd to enforce federal firearms laws? Should everyone who lies on a federal application be given a pass or just this drug addict?

Well, let's look at that.

Trump's Justice Department, as well as several states that do their own background checks, almost never prosecute what are called "lie and try" felonies. This is when someone legally barred from owning a gun — often a convicted felon, a violent spouse abuser or someone with a serious mental illness — lies on a federal background check to make a purchase.

The FBI, in reviewing instant background checks for firearm purchases, detected 112,000 lie-and-try crimes in fiscal 2017 alone, and federal investigators had names and addresses on the filled-out forms. How many were prosecuted? Twelve, according to a recent Government Accountability Office report.

Well, let's look at that.

Trump's Justice Department, as well as several states that do their own background checks, almost never prosecute what are called "lie and try" felonies. This is when someone legally barred from owning a gun — often a convicted felon, a violent spouse abuser or someone with a serious mental illness — lies on a federal background check to make a purchase.

The FBI, in reviewing instant background checks for firearm purchases, detected 112,000 lie-and-try crimes in fiscal 2017 alone, and federal investigators had names and addresses on the filled-out forms. How many were prosecuted? Twelve, according to a recent Government Accountability Office report.
So Hunter Biden should get a pass?

But not at the time.

Or he was in denial.

Because the form calls for self-assessment, while addicts are often in denial.

If they REALLY wanted to keep addicts from buying guns (or even casual drug users), simply have them pee in a cup when they apply to buy a gun. But we won't do that.

^^^The gun nuts want to get Hunter off the hook for lying on a federal background check.

Yes, absolutely.

First time offender, honest, good faith mistake, no one was hurt.

The fact was, Weiss was willing to plead it down, until he wasn't.
So then you think federal firearm laws should go unenforced or be ignored?

So then you think federal firearm laws should go unenforced or be ignored?

No, I think we need to have sensible laws...

Rquiring the addicted or mentally ill to self-identify and self-assess isn't a plan.

If you don't want drug addicts to buy guys, give them a piss test or better yet, test a hair sample.

If you don't want the mentally ill to buy guns, then have them waive medical privacy and put his name out to local shrinks.

No, I think we need to have sensible laws...

Rquiring the addicted or mentally ill to self-identify and self-assess isn't a plan.

If you don't want drug addicts to buy guys, give them a piss test or better yet, test a hair sample.

If you don't want the mentally ill to buy guns, then have them waive medical privacy and put his name out to local shrinks.
So you advocate a blood or urine test to be allowed to purchase a firearm?

So you advocate a blood or urine test to be allowed to purchase a firearm?

Oh, I'd advocate a lot more than that.

Here's what I'd require

1) Drug Test
2) A complete background investigation where they talk to your boss, your spouse, your co-workers and your neighbors.
3) A complete check of your medical records.
4) A thorough Criminal background check

And before I hear any whining about the "SECOND AMENDMENT" it's a lot less than what you would be required to join the military.

Actually, she said the opposite... that while he was depressed, she did not observe him using drugs in the period in question.
LOL is that the bullshit MSDNC is feeding you? WHy the fuck do you give a rat's ass about this scumbag anyway?

Lets say a whopping 70% of all New Yorkers would throw out their integrity and convict Trump even though he was innocent. The odds of a whole jury doing that is

View attachment 960334or better expressed as a1.3% chance of being convicted, or 98.7% change to get aquitted. Youre assumptions are so blatantly false it's inarguable. Shit.. not even 30% of people would do that and then your odds are

View attachment 960332or better expressed as 0.0000531%. The odds he was railroaded are almost zero.
Your lack of comprehension is stunning, breathtaking.

Oh, I'd advocate a lot more than that.

Here's what I'd require

1) Drug Test
2) A complete background investigation where they talk to your boss, your spouse, your co-workers and your neighbors.
3) A complete check of your medical records.
4) A thorough Criminal background check

And before I hear any whining about the "SECOND AMENDMENT" it's a lot less than what you would be required to join the military.
That’s tyranny. I know you don’t want to hear anything about the second amendment. You only have contempt for that.

Actually, she said the opposite... that while he was depressed, she did not observe him using drugs in the period in question.
She testified that he was using drugs during the same time frame he submitted the application. You either lied or don’t know what you’re talking about.

Forum List

Back