It seems there are actually people that want to leave a dirty planet to their children.

It seems there are actually people that want to leave a dirty planet to their children.

I don’t understand it. If you have kids why would you want to leave them a dirty planet?

There are people that want to abolish the EPA. They say clean air and clean water cost too much money.

If you don’t have kids it’s almost understandable that you just wanna rip off the country for whatever you can get whenever you can. That is just a greedy person. If you have kids, what is it you’re gonna leave them? What’s your legacy?

Some people say that is stupid. We don’t want to leave a dirty planet to our kids. But the EPA is too expensive. And there’s plenty of air and water. We don’t need to fine companies for making them dirty.

There seems to be people who want to leave their children starving to death.
You don't need to eat if you already die from living in diseased pig poop.

I don’t understand it. If you have kids why would you want to leave them a dirty planet?

There are people that want to abolish the EPA. They say clean air and clean water cost too much money.

If you don’t have kids it’s almost understandable that you just wanna rip off the country for whatever you can get whenever you can. That is just a greedy person. If you have kids, what is it you’re gonna leave them? What’s your legacy?

Some people say that is stupid. We don’t want to leave a dirty planet to our kids. But the EPA is too expensive. And there’s plenty of air and water. We don’t need to fine companies for making them dirty.

Which is exactly what will happen if we ban fossil fuels, and everyone has to start raising animals in their back yards to survive.

New York had a disease out break from horse poop before there were cars.
The Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894

With AOC, we'll be back to dying of manure born illnesses.

Can you believe how these right wingers whine that we aren't supporting Trump while he dismantles America?

Well, definitely don't support him in dismantling America, but maybe you could support him in diplomacy with North Korea, or maybe bringing troops home.

Dygd7nHXQAcEVJg.jpg

Can you believe how these right wingers whine that we aren't supporting Trump while he dismantles America?

When they were fighting Obama, they told us they didn't care if being against everything Obama hurt the country. It was all about one man and trying to hurt him. The nerve of Obama being president and black.

One of Republicans greatest success has been North Carolina.

After Hurricane Florence, North Carolina's water quality will go down the toilet

Floodwaters contaminated with coal ash, human sewage, and animal waste throw the entire watershed out of balance.

State and independent sources suggest 3 hog lagoons were breached, 2 were structurally damaged, 21 were inundated by floodwaters, and 17 lagoons overflowed, along with municipal sewage spills, at least one coal ash pit breach, and thousands of drowned animals thanks to Hurricane Florence. Despite the degree of damage to hog lagoons, these cesspools don’t even need to be directly breached to contribute their noxious waste to floodwaters.

-------------

Republicans insist there is nothing to be done. Because it's a flood. If there were nothing to be done, why did Republicans get rid of Obama era EPA protections lining and capping pits?

I don't know why Republicans get so angry when you point out they most seem to like to live in filth. After all, they fight for the right. There has to be a reason.

Water pollution from Hurricane Florence is so bad you can see it from space

northcarolina_oli_2018262_cdom.png

Hurricane Florence Brings Another Hog Waste Flood to North Carolina

“These cesspools of hog waste failed completely, spilling millions of gallons of untreated hog waste into floodwaters,” Cape Fear Riverkeeper Kemp Burdette says, in reference to the breached lagoons. “Even worse, these contaminated waters will flow through communities downstream, threatening homes, churches, schools, and anything else in their path.”

-------------

North Carolina is still dealing with all this pollution.

The GOP leadership wants them to live in pig poop without healthcare.

I don't get it. Why do they keep voting Republican? Because it's all about race.

They were right to block as much of Obama's idiocy as they could.
As a President, he was a great community organizer.

Which is exactly what will happen if we ban fossil fuels, and everyone has to start raising animals in their back yards to survive.

You think the left is advocating for a fossil fuel ban before we're ready to transition into something else?

You think the left is advocating for a fossil fuel ban before we're ready to transition into something else?

AOC said the world will in 12 years. The Green New Deal says to ban fossil fuels. Dozens of Democraps signed onto this Green New Deal.

A bunch of people applauded this.

What I think is irrelevant. What your side has openly said, is fact.

AOC said the world will in 12 years. The Green New Deal says to ban fossil fuels. Dozens of Democraps signed onto this Green New Deal.

How did I know she wasn't going to say we should stop using oil before we're ready to make the transition? Nobody is talking about living in the 1800s dude.

Yes, and YOU are one of them. Try reading up on how environmentally damaging EV's are. The same for wind and solar. The problem you have is you are a mindless fool who only listens to what they tell you. You are blissfully ignorant of the actual facts.

You are the human equivalent of a mushroom.

How did I know she wasn't going to say we should stop using oil before we're ready to make the transition? Nobody is talking about living in the 1800s dude.

Well.... it's called logical thinking.

If you are saying we have to end all fossil fuels.... and you are saying if we don't that the world will end in 12 years.... that means you intend to ban fossil fuels in under 12 years... right?

Or do you plan to phase out fossil fuels, after the world had ended?

Because we don't have currently available replacement for fossil fuels, and there isn't one on the horizon now, that is even mythical close to being implemented in 12 years.

The only CO2-free replacement for fossil fuels is Nuclear power, which AOC laughably suggests we don't use.

Even if we did use Nuclear, it would take a heck of a lot longer than 12 years to replace all fossil fuel power plants with Nuclear ones. It would take years just to setup those projects, and decades to complete, even with unlimited government backing.

So do tell sparky..... please... explain how this works? Do you intend to phase out fossil fuels after the world is dead? Or do you plan to ban fossil fuels in the next 12 years, and we all starve to death?

I'd love to hear how this works.

If you are saying we have to end all fossil fuels

I didn't say that.

and you are saying if we don't that the world will end in 12 years

Didn't say that either.

we don't have currently available replacement for fossil fuels, and there isn't one on the horizon now, that is even mythical close to being implemented in 12 years.

Agreed.

The only CO2-free replacement for fossil fuels is Nuclear power, which AOC laughably suggests we don't use.

Anybody that doesn't want to make nuclear part of the plan is naive.

Even if we did use Nuclear, it would take a heck of a lot longer than 12 years to replace all fossil fuel power plants with Nuclear ones. It would take years just to setup those projects, and decades to complete, even with unlimited government backing.

Yeah, probably.

How this works is AOC is a 29 year old populist that doesn't singularly represent the views and reasoning of everybody on the left wing. The left is not advocating for a ban on oil before we're ready for an actual transition. AOC is young, idealistic and apparently likes to exaggerate.

If you are saying we have to end all fossil fuels

I didn't say that.

and you are saying if we don't that the world will end in 12 years

Didn't say that either.

we don't have currently available replacement for fossil fuels, and there isn't one on the horizon now, that is even mythical close to being implemented in 12 years.

Agreed.

Anybody that doesn't want to make nuclear part of the plan is naive.

Yeah, probably.

How this works is AOC is a 29 year old populist that doesn't singularly represent the views and reasoning of everybody on the left wing. The left is not advocating for a ban on oil before we're ready for an actual transition. AOC is young, idealistic and apparently likes to exaggerate.

Oh crap dude, yes she does. If she does not represent the left-wing, then why did nearly all the Democratic front runners sign onto the Green New Deal?

I disagree with you on this. AOC most certainly is the fresh face of the Democratic party.

Maybe you missed it, but some of her left-wing minions stormed Nancy Pelosi's office, and asked her to sign the Green New Deal, and specifically said that the world would end if she didn't. I watched the video. That is your left-wing party man.

I may be leaving the world a pigsty for my kids when I go, but I'm not an uncaring monster.

I'm also going to leave them a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, leaf blower, rakes... all kinds of stuff.

It all evens out in the end.

That is your left-wing party man.

I leave the partisanship to the rest of you. It's not my party.

Andy, nobody is stupid enough to want to ban fossil fuels before an alternative is in place. Maybe some people don't think all of the details through, but come on dude.

AOC is definitely a very popular lefty, but it's asinine to think everybody on the left needs to answer for everything she says.

New York had a disease out break from horse poop before there were cars.
The Great Horse Manure Crisis of 1894

With AOC, we'll be back to dying of manure born illnesses.

"Ban fossil fuels"?

Somebody has DEFINATLY been listening to too much AM radio....

I may be leaving the world a pigsty for my kids when I go, but I'm not an uncaring monster.

I'm also going to leave them a vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaner, leaf blower, rakes... all kinds of stuff.

It all evens out in the end.
As long as they don't need to breath or eat.

Dygd7nHXQAcEVJg.jpg

When they were fighting Obama, they told us they didn't care if being against everything Obama hurt the country. It was all about one man and trying to hurt him. The nerve of Obama being president and black.

After Hurricane Florence, North Carolina's water quality will go down the toilet

Floodwaters contaminated with coal ash, human sewage, and animal waste throw the entire watershed out of balance.

State and independent sources suggest 3 hog lagoons were breached, 2 were structurally damaged, 21 were inundated by floodwaters, and 17 lagoons overflowed, along with municipal sewage spills, at least one coal ash pit breach, and thousands of drowned animals thanks to Hurricane Florence. Despite the degree of damage to hog lagoons, these cesspools don’t even need to be directly breached to contribute their noxious waste to floodwaters.

-------------

Republicans insist there is nothing to be done. Because it's a flood. If there were nothing to be done, why did Republicans get rid of Obama era EPA protections lining and capping pits?

I don't know why Republicans get so angry when you point out they most seem to like to live in filth. After all, they fight for the right. There has to be a reason.

“These cesspools of hog waste failed completely, spilling millions of gallons of untreated hog waste into floodwaters,” Cape Fear Riverkeeper Kemp Burdette says, in reference to the breached lagoons. “Even worse, these contaminated waters will flow through communities downstream, threatening homes, churches, schools, and anything else in their path.”

-------------

I don't get it. Why do they keep voting Republican? Because it's all about race.

So you are saying you support dirty air and dirty water.

I bet for others and not for yourself, right?

AOC is definitely a very popular lefty, but it's asinine to think everybody on the left needs to answer for everything she says.

Unless the left is stepping up and publicly denouncing what she says, yes, they need to answer for it...there is a well known legal precedent...silence implies consent...if they aren't denouncing her, they are agreeing with her..

You haven 't answered my question? What exactly has the billions upon billions upon billions flushed down the toilet on climate science cleaned up?

Dygd7nHXQAcEVJg.jpg

-------------

-------------

Just as much as you do.

I also support a strong economy and jobs.

Forum List

Back