it wasn't a bow.............

fine, it was an anonymous aide....happy

now, did the anonymous aide lie? yes or no

and btw....the WH has not repudiated the aide's comments

The White House is unlikely to spend the next eight years "repudiating" right-wing snits and swivets.

funny how you keep running from the question...do you think he bowed, yes or no....

and fyi...libs are talking about it too, do you have proof this is only right wing snits and swivits....doubt it so your right wing assertion is a cop out and

fail-24.jpg

Actually, if you Google it, you'll see that the majority of the discussion is emanating from right-wing sources and, of the others, most are talking about right-wingers talking about it.

Obama's bow is generating very different reactions

Apr 03, 2009

...The reaction from the right side of the blogosphere has not been kind. "Bleccch," says Michelle Malkin. "Americans do not bow to royalty," writes Scott Johnson at Power Line. "What say thee now?" TownHall.com Blog asks Huffington Post and others on the liberal side, who were critical of President Bush's policy toward Saudi rulers.

The response so far from the liberal blogosphere seems to be mostly ... silence....

Obama's bow is generating very different reactions - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

Obama's Bow to Saudi King Irks Conservatives

April 3, 2009

Obama's Bow to Saudi King Irks Conservatives - HispanicBusiness.com

He did bow to the king. It was a mistake that he shouldn't have made. He's the first president to do it...but he is a president of first's. To me, him being the president of the most powerful nation in the world shouldn't have done it. It shows that he's weak.

I fear any politician ever having to talk to Japans leaders now ... with how much of an issue people make this one out to be.

if it wasn't an issue then the "WH" didn't need to deny it now did they? :tongue:

Hmmmm, I'm not finding this official White House denial either...where is it?

I DO find alot of ridiculous "outrage" about this so-called "bow" business all over the 'net...sheesh, what's the big deal?

We've certainly seen no shortage of pictures in recent years of Bush and Cheney shamelessly sucking up to Saudi royalty. But Obama shakes hands and gives the guy an abbreviated bow or a deep nod or whatever the hell that was, and all hell breaks loose.

did obama bow to a muslim king or not.....seems pretty simple......

if it wasn't an issue then the "WH" didn't need to deny it now did they? :tongue:

I DO find alot of ridiculous "outrage" about this so-called "bow" business all over the 'net...sheesh, what's the big deal?

We've certainly seen no shortage of pictures in recent years of Bush and Cheney shamelessly sucking up to Saudi royalty. But Obama shakes hands and gives the guy an abbreviated bow or a deep nod or whatever the hell that was, and all hell breaks loose.

It wasn't a bow ...

.... he was kissing the rings and needed to make sure the camera couldn't see. :eusa_whistle:

The White House didn't.
uh, YES IT DID
Obama HIMSELF did

she thinks she's clever saying the WH didn't do it. she's grinning behind her teeth thinking she has us all behind the eight ball.. get it??? meanwhile in the real world and in the press the admin in power/residence is referred to as the WH. But then you cannot expect a lefty with her head up her azz to understand a nuance like that.

No, I'm using "White House" the way it's usually used: to refer to the president. I'm just saying that, no, the president didn't "go after Rush Limbaugh." He referred to him once.

As for Gibbs:

...MR. GIBBS: Well, I'd like to think I haven't been in attack mode maybe except one or two statements, but most of those are in response.

I've always thought I had a good relationship with the press. My job is to provide information to a group of working journalists that have a job to do just like I do: to provide them information and understanding about the decisions that the President has in front of him each day and why he makes the decisions that he makes.

MS. ROMANO: So, should you be taking on the Rush Limbaughs of the world from the podium?

You've gotten a little push back on that.

MR. GIBBS: Well, you know, it's interesting, I got asked about Rush Limbaugh. I got asked about Dick Cheney. I'm happy to begin to ignore questions that I don't want to answer. I'm not sure the press would think that's a good idea. I get asked questions about CNBC. I get--you know.

Look, one of the things that's inherent in my job is I don't get to choose what questions I'm asked. I think that's the beauty of the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press, and that's fine with me....

washingtonpost.com

NO, he did not.
In Islamic culture, there are two kinds of bowing, and both are connected with praying.

Sujuh is the way we see Muslims bow down on their prayer rugs, with their foreheads touching the floor.

Ruk'u is another form of bowing, also during prayer, when Muslims bend over and place hands on knees, staying that way until they reach a state of being calmed.

Obama did neither of these.

NO, he did not.
In Islamic culture, there are two kinds of bowing, and both are connected with praying.

Sujuh is the way we see Muslims bow down on their prayer rugs, with their foreheads touching the floor.

Ruk'u is another form of bowing, also during prayer, when Muslims bend over and place hands on knees, staying that way until they reach a state of being calmed.

so what was he doing..............

NO, he did not.

Dunno...but whatever it was, it wouldn't be considered "bowing" in Islamic culture, nor would it be considered "subservient".

NO, he did not.
Dunno...but whatever it was, it wouldn't be considered "bowing" in Islamic culture, nor would it be considered "subservient".

so bending at the waist when greeting someone is not a bow.....got it.....

I think this was a rookie mistake. Obama is new at the job and probably didn't know protocol. I mean, we should ALL be bowing to Saudi Arabia anyway - they fucking own us. If Saudi Arabia decided tomorrow that they no longer want to supply the US with oil, our entire economy would collapse in a second. Now THAT's power.

Last edited:
I think this was a rookie mistake. Obama is new at the job and probably didn't know protocol. I mean, we should ALL be bowing to Saudi Arabia anyway - they fucking own us. If Saudi Arabia decided tomorrow that they no longer want to supply the US with oil, our entire economy would collapse in a second. Now THAT's power.
thus you are admitting that he was totally unprepared for this job

Forum List

Back