it wasn't a bow.............

so what was he doing..............
Dunno...but whatever it was, it wouldn't be considered "bowing" in Islamic culture, nor would it be considered "subservient".

so bending at the waist when greeting someone is not a bow.....got it.....

Who cares? It's irrelevant whether he did or not.

I'm just waitin' around for the "Obama is a secret Jew" thread, starring the same right-wing crackpots who brought us:

Obama Bows to his Arab Masters
Obama Bows to his Arab Masters « Political Byline

Just why did obama bow to saudi King?
Just why did obama bow to saudi King? - Page 2 - Sean Hannity Discussion

SUBMISSION: Obama Bows and Kisses the ....... of Saudi King
Atlas Shrugs: SUBMISSION: Obama Bows and Kisses the ....... of Saudi King

Obama a disgrace, bows to another leader... wtf is that?
Obama a disgrace, bows to another leader... wtf is that? - Page 11 - Debate Politics Forums

Dunno...but whatever it was, it wouldn't be considered "bowing" in Islamic culture, nor would it be considered "subservient".

I'm just waitin' around for the "Obama is a secret Jew" thread, starring the same right-wing crackpots who brought us:

Obama a disgrace, bows to another leader... wtf is that? - Page 11 - Debate Politics Forums
uh, moron, THIS is a message board too
those links dont say anything more than what WE are discussing here right now
and YOU are participating

if it is irrelevant why did he bend at the waist.....in front of a king.....and why do you keep responding....

I think this was a rookie mistake. Obama is new at the job and probably didn't know protocol. I mean, we should ALL be bowing to Saudi Arabia anyway - they fucking own us. If Saudi Arabia decided tomorrow that they no longer want to supply the US with oil, our entire economy would collapse in a second. Now THAT's power.
thus you are admitting that he was totally unprepared for this job

Uh, no. I am admitting he didn't know proper protocol for greeting a foreign King. Running a country and knowing how to greet someone properly are two different things.

Lucky I wasn't there. I woulda kicked Abudllah ass. Goddamned fuckin' Arabs. I woulda gone all fuckin Michael Myers alla Freddie Cruger alla Jason from Friday the motherfuckin' 13th on his ass. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I think this was a rookie mistake. Obama is new at the job and probably didn't know protocol. I mean, we should ALL be bowing to Saudi Arabia anyway - they fucking own us. If Saudi Arabia decided tomorrow that they no longer want to supply the US with oil, our entire economy would collapse in a second. Now THAT's power.

Uh, no. I am admitting he didn't know proper protocol for greeting a foreign King. Running a country and knowing how to greet someone properly are two different things.

Lucky I wasn't there. I woulda kicked Abudllah ass. Goddamned fuckin' Arabs. I woulda gone all fuckin Michael Myers alla Freddie Cruger alla Jason from Friday the motherfuckin' 13th on his ass. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
ROFLMAO

david, you would have died fast

I'm laughing! A multi-post thread on whether or not Obama bowed to the Saudi king and whether the White House lied about it and whether it demonstrated subservience?!

More right-wing crackpots (it's a paying gig):

Obama’s deep bow to the Saudi king
By Michelle Malkin • April 2, 2009 01:36 PM

...I hope all the lefties who tore into Bush over his Saudi prostration will express equal disgust with President HopeAndChange’s literal bowing and scraping to King Abdullah. When JWF sent a link to the photo with Obama bent down like a serf (further than either he or Michelle dipped for Queen Elizabeth, by the way), I tried to give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he dropped a contact lens or penny? ...

Michelle Malkin » Video: Obama’s deep bow to the Saudi king

April 02, 2009
Obama bows down to Saudi King (updated)
Clarice Feldman
I am quite certain that this is not the protocol, and is most unbecoming a President of the United States....

American Thinker Blog: Obama bows down to Saudi King (updated)

EDITORIAL: Barack takes a bow
The president shows fealty to a Muslim king
By | Tuesday, April 7, 2009

EDITORIAL: Barack takes a bow - Washington Times

I'm laughing! A multi-post thread on whether or not Obama bowed to the Saudi king and whether the White House lied about it and whether it demonstrated subservience?!

...I hope all the lefties who tore into Bush over his Saudi prostration will express equal disgust with President HopeAndChange’s literal bowing and scraping to King Abdullah. When JWF sent a link to the photo with Obama bent down like a serf (further than either he or Michelle dipped for Queen Elizabeth, by the way), I tried to give the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he dropped a contact lens or penny? ...

April 02, 2009
Clarice Feldman
I am quite certain that this is not the protocol, and is most unbecoming a President of the United States....

because NO POTUS HAS EVER BOWED TO A FOREIGN POTENTATE
its just not done

ok, here's another thing you might not know
in the Olympics, most countries will lower their flags during the opening ceremonies if the royalty of the host country is present

the US flag has NEVER done so
we dont bow before royalty
PERIOD

Last edited:

April 02, 2009
Clarice Feldman

its just not done

in the Olympics, most countries will lower their flags during the opening ceremonies if the royalty of the host country is present

PERIOD

Obviously, you're wrong about that now.

April 02, 2009
Clarice Feldman

its just not done

PERIOD

ROFLMAO
yeah, now that dumbo has done it

ROFLMAO

From what? Arab BO?

i never thought i would see someone worse than Carter in the Whitehouse
Obama has done it

ROFLMAO

From what? Arab BO?
didnt you say you were over 300 lbs?
a man of that size isnt gonna be so fast
and they would have security there and you would go DOWN fast

April 02, 2009
Clarice Feldman

its just not done

PERIOD

yep...we have a president that bows to a muslim king......

its just not done

PERIOD

So what?

So what?

well if you are a muslim king i guess it is a good thing ......

I doubt he's given it any thought.

I started looking for a mention of it in the Middle Eastern press, beginning with al Jazeera, and found this:

Could somebody who cares about this explain to me what it meant with Bush awkwardly rubbed the shoulders of the German Chancellor? Did that mean that the US wanted to have sex with Germany??
ignc73
GOLO member since March 16, 2009
April 7, 2009 11:34 a.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My son just returned from Iraq (his 3rd tour) and the president's presence over there is being scrutinized by those middle east countries"

I really doubt that anybody with any kind of education (ie: decision maker) cares about bowing. It wasn't even mentioned in Aljazeera.
ignc73
GOLO member since March 16, 2009
April 7, 2009 11:28 a.m.

Obama bows to Saudi King! :: WRAL.com

from your link cherry....

The president has performed an act of obeisance (note: The King did *not* return the bow) that will never be forgotten by non-christians throughout the world.

pwnd :lol:

Forum List

Back