It Wasn't a Good Deal for The Dead and Wounded

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said on Thursday during a campaign stop in Iowa that "taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal," according to multiple reports.

From the Wall Street Journal's Reid Epstein:

Reid J. Epstein
@reidepstein

Jeb: "I'll tell you, taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal."

3:24 PM - 13 Aug 2015
50 50 Retweets 22 22 favorites

The quote was also reported on by The Daily Beast. Bush was speaking at a forum sponsored by Americans for Peace, Prosperity and Security at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa, according to the website.

The Beast reported that Bush went on to say he didn't want to hypothesize about what would have happened if his brother, former President George W. Bush, had not ordered the invasion of Iraq, which led to the toppling of Hussein.

"Then that's back to the future and you could make a movie," Jeb Bush said, according to the Beast.

-snip-

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-saddam-hussein-good-dea

11885023_694728503995454_5144631685355109663_o.jpg

Probably the biggest disqualifier for being an American president that I have seen. $2 Trillion in national debt, a million dead Iraqi's, nearly 5,000 dead American soldiers, 52,000 wounded, countless others requiring permanent care, and the enmity of the entire Middle East. Not such a great deal in my book.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said on Thursday during a campaign stop in Iowa that "taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal," according to multiple reports.

Reid J. Epstein
@reidepstein

Jeb: "I'll tell you, taking out Saddam Hussein turned out to be a pretty good deal."

The quote was also reported on by The Daily Beast. Bush was speaking at a forum sponsored by Americans for Peace, Prosperity and Security at St. Ambrose University in Davenport, Iowa, according to the website.

The Beast reported that Bush went on to say he didn't want to hypothesize about what would have happened if his brother, former President George W. Bush, had not ordered the invasion of Iraq, which led to the toppling of Hussein.

"Then that's back to the future and you could make a movie," Jeb Bush said, according to the Beast.

-snip-

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-saddam-hussein-good-dea

Probably the biggest disqualifier for being an American president that I have seen. $2 Trillion in national debt, a million dead Iraqi's, nearly 5,000 dead American soldiers, 52,000 wounded, countless others requiring permanent care, and the enmity of the entire Middle East. Not such a great deal in my book.
Good, don't vote for Hillary, since she voted for the war and encouraged the other Democrats to vote for it, too...

Reid J. Epstein
@reidepstein

-snip-

Good, don't vote for Hillary, since she voted for the war and encouraged the other Democrats to vote for it, too...

Well I can tell you I won't vote for Jeb, he just proved that another Bush would be wrong for America.

And now republicans want to make the same mistake with Iran as Iraq; the right's propensity for unwarranted, pointless, and illegal wars is one of many, many good reasons to keep a republican out of the WH come 2017.

Vote for Bernie Sanders. He has consistently introduced legislation to help veterans, and he is currently on the Senate Veterans affairs committee. He is running for the Democratic nomination on a platform that includes taking care of our veterans and not going to war for corporations.

Those are just some of the many reasons I'm going to vote for Bernie. He's a man of integrity whose words match his actions.

-- Paravani

bernievfwaward-jpg.47338

Attachments

• BernieVFWaward.jpg
    BernieVFWaward.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Forum List

Back