It's 20 degrees with Icy Roads again in Denver...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
It's almost May... It's been under 10 degrees recently...

Do I have to start driving Leaded Gasoline Powered Cars again to get Global Warming back up and running?... :dunno:

Oh... More Snow and Colder Temps longer IS Global Warming?...

Got it.

Is algore still Hibernating?...

:)

peace...

I must admit that Global WARMING is a bit of a let-down this Spring here in Maine.

It's been 30 years of warming bullshit, they're in the "climate change" cycle now. Before the decade is over they'll be back to "global cooling" predicting an ice age, famines, and the end of mankind.

It's been 30 years of warming bullshit, they're in the "climate change" cycle now. Before the decade is over they'll be back to "global cooling" predicting an ice age, famines, and the end of mankind.

A New Ice Age was what they Predicted @ the First Earth Day back in the 70's, wasn't it?...

THEY WERE RIGHT!... HA!

peace...

Do I have to start driving Leaded Gasoline Powered Cars again to get Global Warming back up and running?... :dunno:

Got it.

peace...

burn a couple tires

--LOL

Got it.

peace...

If you don't understand that there's a chance of snow....clear into mid-May....you haven't lived in Denver, very long.

We are breaking low temp records this spring in south louisiana--------global warming sucks.

It's Climate Change FUCKER!...

Perfectly Average Temperatures are because of Big Fat Bald White Oil too!

FoMoCo, Chevy and Chrysler are all about to settle up for having Caused the last Ice Age and of course the Dust Bowl back in the 30's.

It's true... Even before Cars it was Big Fat Bald White Oil's Fault that the Climate Changed.

Ask the T-Rex. :thup:

peace...

Got it.

peace...

In the first place, snow and freezing temperatures on the plains of Colorado isn't all that uncommon in April. One of the worst blizzards I ever encountered was in eastern Colorado (east of the Rockies) in April.

Secondly, and to your larger point, yes global warming really can lead to colder temperatures in certain locations. It has to do with the dislocation of warm ocean currents by ice melt.

For instance (and I'm speaking theoretically here), massive ice melt in the Arctic can feed colder waters into the north Pacific, causing the Japanese Current to turn south earlier and farther south than it typically does. Since the weather systems affecting Colorado are typically born over the Japanese Current, such a dislocation could result in storms leaving their usual track and heading farther south. Melting ice can also affect the location and power of the Alaska Gyre, which is also a big weather producer. We could see the same thing in relation to the Gulf Stream, where global warming would result in colder and longer winters for northern Europe.

Got it.

peace...

In the first place, snow and freezing temperatures on the plains of Colorado isn't all that uncommon in April. One of the worst blizzards I ever encountered was in eastern Colorado (east of the Rockies) in April.

Secondly, and to your larger point, yes global warming really can lead to colder temperatures in certain locations. It has to do with the dislocation of warm ocean currents by ice melt.

For instance (and I'm speaking theoretically here), massive ice melt in the Arctic can feed colder waters into the north Pacific, causing the Japanese Current to turn south earlier and farther south than it typically does. Since the weather systems affecting Colorado are typically born over the Japanese Current, such a dislocation could result in storms leaving their usual track and heading farther south. Melting ice can also affect the location and power of the Alaska Gyre, which is also a big weather producer. We could see the same thing in relation to the Gulf Stream, where global warming would result in colder and longer winters for northern Europe.

LOL, your "logic" fails on so many levels its not worth addressing.

warming causes cooling----------duh, and light causes darkness. OK

Got it.

peace...

This isn't a serious post is it??? :confused:

I am fearful that it is, which makes me truly worry that people like you are allowed to operate motor vehicles on public roads and vote in national elections.

Got it.

peace...

I am fearful that it is, which makes me truly worry that people like you are allowed to operate motor vehicles on public roads and vote in national elections.

the liberal mind is not capable of understanding sarcasm.

Got it.

peace...

Ok good, I thought he might have been serious. Because anyone with a half decent education knows that global warming is real and that day to day weather is not indicative of an overall climate shift.

Glad we cleared that up.

Got it.

peace...

LOL, your "logic" fails on so many levels its not worth addressing.

warming causes cooling----------duh, and light causes darkness. OK

Just because you fail to understand the logic, doesn't mean the logic fails, it means you fail. It's all about the average temperature, not whether one place is cooler or warmer than normal, that's called WEATHER.

Ok good, I thought he might have been serious. Because anyone with a half decent education knows that global warming is real and that day to day weather is not indicative of an overall climate shift.

Glad we cleared that up.

So prolong colds mean nothing but prolong warm days indicate the end of the world?

Forum List

Back